As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legend of Korra: PANIC!!!! Episode 4 Is Uploaded!!!!

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    So the D&D Korra thread is being taken over by Amon sympathizers.

But he is the hero of the working man

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    Goatmon wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    and sure he has three ponytails and smells like a lady, but look at DAT CHIN

Tarrlok2.png
    Beauty-disneyscreencapscom-1721-1-.jpg
    It is obvious that he is Amon, and is making a power play within the council to keep people off his trail. Nobody has actually seen him waterbend, and he enjoys bossing around benders. The chi-blockers mooks are just there to train up a personal bender army to aid and secure his coup. Because no one dreams like Amon. No one schemes like Amon. No one assembles crack teams like Amon. His ability to remove bending is especially devastating.

Boy what a guy, that Amon.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    So the D&D Korra thread is being taken over by Amon sympathizers.

But he is the hero of the working man

Back when I was reading it, it was only one guy and was intentionally ignoring that Amon has stated in the show that he has no plans of stopping at criminals.

Quire.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Tarrlok2.png
    It is obvious that he is Amon, and is making a power play within the council to keep people off his trail. Nobody has actually seen him waterbend, and he enjoys bossing around benders. The chi-blockers mooks are just there to train up a personal bender army to aid and secure his coup. Because no one dreams like Amon. No one schemes like Amon. No one assembles crack teams like Amon. His ability to remove bending is especially devastating.

That last line. Amazing

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I am definitely getting the feeling that Amon is the guy that Aang defeated some years ago

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I am pretty sure that's what we're supposed to think.

I mean,
    immediately after her run-in with Amon, we see a flashback of some sort between Aang some fellow we don't know.

What other conclusion is there to draw?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Alternately, it's that guy's kid who swore vengeance against all benders.

Because Aang didn't have to deal with Sozin, but he did have to fight Ozai.

Other commentary on a spoiler we haven't seen in the show yet
    It also stands to reason that the three we saw were all the dead members of Team Boomeraang. Zuko and Katara weren't there, and to a lesser extent, Suki, Mai, and Ty Lee. The latter three I can understand, but you'd think that Katara and Zuko would have made an "appearance".

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    re: Clip shows

transformers prime just had a clip show a couple of weeks ago

it's the first western transformers show to have had one

and considering it has a much larger budget and will run longer than Transformers Animated, which nearly the entire fanbase loved, i think its fucking hilarious

Sorce wrote: »
    Alternately, it's that guy's kid who swore vengeance against all benders.

Because Aang didn't have to deal with Sozin, but he did have to fight Ozai.

Other commentary on a spoiler we haven't seen in the show yet
    It also stands to reason that the three we saw were all the dead members of Team Boomeraang. Zuko and Katara weren't there, and to a lesser extent, Suki, Mai, and Ty Lee. The latter three I can understand, but you'd think that Katara and Zuko would have made an "appearance".
    maybe they just weren't there

remember that zuko was firelord at this point, and presumably those other four had other responsibilities as well

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Doesn't the Nick site confirm Zuko is still alive, but is no longer Fire Lord?

Oh brilliant
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Doesn't the Nick site confirm Zuko is still alive, but is no longer Fire Lord?
    I believe he passed the title onto his daughter three years ago.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Tarrlok2.png

Tarrlok did do bending on screen.
    He Water bended during the raid on the Equalists.
    Tarrlok's team was pretty badass, too. In a fight between them and Chi-Blockers I'm not sure who'd win.

Harry Dresden on
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    oh yeah there was pretty much no chance that people weren't going to go all Rorschach re:Amon

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Rorschach is admittedly insane though. Its not even a question he is coo coo nuts.
    Amon is quite in charge of his mental faculties oh and his story is utter bullshit designed to make people sympathetic.

Sooo yeah I don't see Team Amon as anything but a bunch of geese.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    we have no idea if his story is utter bullshit

also you're just confirming what I said

people are going to be dazzled by his fascist and brutal approach to social justice/crimefighting and his mask and cool voice and presence and aren't going to think too hard about whether or not he's actually kind of a piece of shit

see also: Rorschach

see also: batman

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    but batman is the best

shut up skull man

2x39jD4.jpg
    batman's cool but he sure is a giant dick

I'm calling bullshit based on the events of the last episode but I felt that way pretty much the second I heard his speech.

I feel the Batman comparison is flawed because Batman has no ulterior motives or end goal. He's just does it out of grief. Amon is doing this for power even if what he says is true to some degree he's already purposefully moving into position as some sort of messiah figure for the morons he's duping.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    That, and he targeted them not because they were criminals, but because they were criminal benders.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    didn't he target them because they were criminal benders?

liar you edited it used to just say benders

liar

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Yes, that is exactly what I meant. I'm not sure why you're talking about doot doot doot

b1ehrMM.gif
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Batman shows no discretion in terms of being a dick. Amon does. Wait, that didn't come out right.

Batman is the hero the people need because Batman says so, Amon is the hero they want because he says so. Fuxk, still not right!

Amon and Batman both looked into the Abyss, Amon blinked.

Batman genuinely wants to right wrongs

We don't know about amon

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Tarrlok2.png

nTSAKN0KT0Z87.gif

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I tried reading the D +D Korra thread

why must they make everything incredibly pedantic

I tried reading the D +D Korra thread

why must they make everything incredibly pedantic

cite please

you're making an unfair generalization

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I cite the use of the phrase "deontological threshold" on page 55.

you shouldn't

ever

lol if you think I'm ever going to read that fucking thread

• theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    To be fair to the D+D guys, look at the shitfuck certain people have made of roughly 60% of this thread.

Rolo wrote: »
    lol if you think I'm ever going to read that fucking thread

Don't tease Butler.

Bugboy feels it.

What I'm saying is tease bugboy.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    re: the ep 4 flashback
    I imagine those 3 would be the ones who spent the most time in Republic City. Zuko and Katara presumably ended up back with their people but maybe Toph, Sokka and Aang spent more of their time in the city.

Also I hope we get some more Appa and Momo if there are more flashbacks. This universe has the best animal companions.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Batman shows no discretion in terms of being a dick. Amon does. Wait, that didn't come out right.

Batman is the hero the people need because Batman says so, Amon is the hero they want because he says so. Fuxk, still not right!

Batman has plenty of discretion. He's a dick to people who he can't trust.

Like Hal Jordan.

Or Murderers

like Hal Jordan.

Or Boring assholes

Like Hal Jordan

Or Superman because let's be honest here Superman is a time bomb.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I definitely got the feeling Amon's backstory was fake, or at least leaving out crucial details

something about Blum's delivery

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

Batman has plenty of discretion. He's a dick to people who he can't trust.

Like Hal Jordan.

Or Murderers

like Hal Jordan.

Or Boring assholes

Like Hal Jordan

Or Superman because let's be honest here Superman is a time bomb.
    Brother Eye wasn't a bad idea per se....

Also, Amon's identity has been revealed!
    Blum was the voice of one of the reporters at Tarlok's little shindig.

So I'm kidding. Probably.

sig.gif
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I definitely got the feeling Amon's backstory was fake, or at least leaving out crucial details

something about Blum's delivery
    He was laying it on a pretty thick. Maybe the story is true, but his delivery of it, playing to the crowd, is certainly cause for suspicion.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
    @Sorce.

I had the same thought.
    the Clark Kent glasses did it for me. Also he has access to informants and a printing press.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I am hoping I will get past my normal Steve Blum problems with Amon.

But goddammit Steve Blum.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
This discussion has been closed.