As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legend of Korra: PANIC!!!! Episode 4 Is Uploaded!!!!

• The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dayspring wrote: »
    re: the ep 4 flashback
    I imagine those 3 would be the ones who spent the most time in Republic City. Zuko and Katara presumably ended up back with their people but maybe Toph, Sokka and Aang spent more of their time in the city.

Also I hope we get some more Appa and Momo if there are more flashbacks. This universe has the best animal companions.
    I think that they just gave us Sokka and Toph in particular because we've seen less of them compared to Katara and Zuko.

While Zuko might not have been involved in the incident, seeing as he was Fire Lord at the time, Katara most likely would be in Republic City due to her marriage with Aang and the fact that all her friends are there.

Given that the showrunners have to know fans will want to see the entire Aang Gang in adult form, I think we'll end up seeing all of them sooner or later.

The_Tuninator on
  • UrscaUrsca Registered User regular
    It occurs to me that things are going to get really weird for Tenzin when Aang starts doing his spirit mentor shtick.

At least everyone who knew Roku was long dead by the time he had to do his thing. All of Aang's family are still alive.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Ursca wrote: »
    It occurs to me that things are going to get really weird for Tenzin when Aang starts doing his spirit mentor shtick.

At least everyone who knew Roku was long dead by the time he had to do his thing. All of Aang's family are still alive.

Well only korra can see him.

unless she dresses up as Aang to prove his innocence or something.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I am definitely getting the feeling that Amon is the guy that Aang defeated some years ago

If that turns out true then he is spry for a guy over 60. I'm thinking it was his father.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    hey who is serious about hairbands glowing in the avatar state?

cause yer dum

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    Clearly the light will come from her guns, forming shifting patterns on her Biceps.

Sometimes they will form Battleships firing, sometimes pictures of anvils, etc.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    dude what if you had knuckle tats

all BEND THIS glowing on your knucks

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Hey speaking of Tenzin which we weren't really but this occurred to me earlier

So that big fancy airbending teaching relic, the one which utterly beat the shit out of a muscly teenage girl who has a lot of experience being in fights and what not

He's sent his <10 year old children through that thing enough times for them to be masters at not getting their asses kicked by it

I didn't really have a point here I just thought that was kind of amusing

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    edited April 2012
    Kids are basically made of rubber.

Being hit in the face and bones really only matters once the stuff you have is gonna be your stuff for a long time.

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    well they know how to BE THE LEAF

Alternate answer: How did you think Meelo ended up looking like he does?

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Well yeah they know that now, I'm just wondering how long it took them to find that out, and how he got the okay for that training from their mother

"Okay honey I'm gonna send our kids into this whirling dervish of death until they learn how to dodge it"

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The kids probably figured it out almost immediately. I'd imagine that "being a leaf" is really easy for them, whereas for Korra.... not so much.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Yeah, the kids were steeped in spirituality and airbending from the second of their births so I can see him tossing them into that thing without worry (especially if they don't rev it up to full speed at first like they did with Korra).

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Tenzin seems sort of disappointed that Korra has such a difficult time with the exercise

so maybe it's something that's actually not that hard for natural airbenders

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Probably not that hard for those that are naturally light on their feet.

Meanwhile, Korra is stomping all over the place like a komodo rhino.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    can i just say how much I love that training exercise

when they first started spinning the gates I was like "okay that's dumb and impossible"

and then Tenzin put the leaf through it and I was like "oh shit no that totally makes sense"

it's still a bit much for what's supposed to be an introductory exercise but I thought it was a neat moment

• AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    can i just say how much I love that training exercise

when they first started spinning the gates I was like "okay that's dumb and impossible"

and then Tenzin put the leaf through it and I was like "oh shit no that totally makes sense"

it's still a bit much for what's supposed to be an introductory exercise but I thought it was a neat moment

and the animation is gorgeous too

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Well yeah they know that now, I'm just wondering how long it took them to find that out, and how he got the okay for that training from their mother

"Okay honey I'm gonna send our kids into this whirling dervish of death until they learn how to dodge it"
    tumblr_lx8jr5i7VH1qzsy35o1_1280.png

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »

tumblr_lx8jr5i7VH1qzsy35o1_1280.png

qRHsP.jpg

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is the soundtrack being done by the old Avatar people?

Because it is really good.

Like...really really good.

YL9WnCY.png
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I like the soundtrack too.

But the sound production is...odd? Everyone sounds too loud. Like they don't sound like they're outside when they are outside.

Maybe it's just my crappy built in speakers.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    man I listened to the main theme like 20 times at work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVKouZncauY

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    If Nick puts out a soundtrack for Korra they fucking better finally put one out for the main series.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Is the soundtrack being done by the old Avatar people?

Because it is really good.

Like...really really good.

Yep, they're known as The Track Team

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Is the latest episode "Voice in the Night"? Because it looks like it's up on nick.com now.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    It's up?

Yay!

edited April 2012
    That's the one! Everyone can stop panicking now.

As for the soundtrack, I fell in love with the LoK soundtrack the first time Korra ran out of the White Lotus compound on Naga while the main theme played. Absolutely gorgeous stuff. It's been nothing short of stellar so far.

They had really better release an OST for this show.

The_Tuninator on
    I was bit off-put by how short the show's intro is - I've gotten used to TLA's intro with Katara explaining the war and everything, but with Korra it's just, "The Avatar is pretty awesome". But I absolutely love the old-timey recaps that kick off each episode.

Currently Playing:
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Woo Korra is on Zune marketplace. I got loads of free ms points too.

Season pass time.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    I was bit off-put by how short the show's intro is - I've gotten used to TLA's intro with Katara explaining the war and everything, but with Korra it's just, "The Avatar is pretty awesome". But I absolutely love the old-timey recaps that kick off each episode.

I do miss "But I believe...Aang can save the world.", accompanied by the pan upwards and the drums. That was some great stuff.

Korra's intro is decent, but not quite as memorable.

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Is the latest episode "Voice in the Night"? Because it looks like it's up on nick.com now.

Are all the old ones still up?

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    love the intros now

none of that time-wasting bullshit

just THIS IS AVATAR, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME, GO

0BnD8l3.gif
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I really liked the intro for the premiere.

The shorter version is fine, and I LOVE their "Previously on Avatar" bits now.

But I liked the intro at the start of the show better.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Dichotomy wrote: »
    love the intros now

Plus, it has Kyoshi.
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Are all the old ones still up?
    Yep.

Currently Playing:
  • PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    Ne shiteru~
    Doing a search for "Korra" on the nick.co.uk site returns no results?
    Mameshibaaaaa

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I did not shiteru that

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    Like not even a "Coming Soon" or a tiny info page
    In the UK, which is all I can access, Korra does not exist

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    love the intros now

yep

also man how irritating must it have been for aang to have that one time he ran into a statue on his air scooter be immortalized and brought up again and again as OH HE'S GOT A LOT TO LEARN BEFORE HE'S READY TO SAVE ANYBODY

she brought that shit up sixty times

and he saved a bunch of people in the first episode!

This discussion has been closed.