As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallakinetic Finale - Day 9 - WITNESS THE ARMADA'S TRIUMPH

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Wiet wrote: »
    To cover for actual murderbot's butt. Which was a good thing for that person since Munkus got voted out instead of the murderbot now.

But Munkus was village.

There has to be a good reason why a villager would give up his life for a probably neutral and very deadly role like the murderbot.

It just makes no sense to me.

Also, whoever hit me last night, I would appreciate it if you would cut it out. Unless you are trying to kill village. Then I guess, continue.

I wouldn't trust anyone to be a true villager in this game, in theory he helped keep someone powerful alive that has similar VC's to him and made some contacts for the real murderbot (please standup)

Do you mean Arcadian aligned or vanillager? Obviously one exists and the other does not.

I meant no vanillager role-Wiet seemed confused why village would help a neutral-which in a standard phalla is a reasonable claim. But in a faction phalla there are plenty of reasons why Munkus would do that. Besides the obvious one that I'm sure he had tons of fun RPing murderbot

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Even pretending to be murderbot seemed pretty fun.
    Also it made his death in the narration hilarious.

Reminded me of the episode of Futurama where Fry got sent to the home for criminally insane robots and ended up thinking he was a battle droid or something.

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Don't vote out wiet, that is silly. I wanted murderbot in the game, but it isn't like that vote means wiet is actually bad.

It would be helpfull if wiet was bad and the mafia was ganging up on munkus to save him.

Which I dont think is what happened.

Likely, wiet was chosen because he had a few votes on him already and munkus just wanted to save himself. Which didnt work.

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    @Edcrab

Bad timing and stupid work stuff so !withdraw.

Thanks for letting me know, hope things aren't too nasty.

@Ringo, you available to sub?

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    There really doesn't seem to be a clear vote today. That makes me sad. I like obvious bad guys. Ones twirling their mustache as they tie the damselbot to the murdertrain.

Them's the clear and easy votes.

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    The ender stuff is weird, but I think I will go for
    taya for yesterday's behavior.

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Don't vote out wiet, that is silly. I wanted murderbot in the game, but it isn't like that vote means wiet is actually bad.

Gonna go with pharezon for mass effect grudging.

HAD TO BE ME. SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN IT WRONG.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Pharezon wrote: »

Gonna go with pharezon for mass effect grudging.

HAD TO BE ME. SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN IT WRONG.

Would have liked to run tests on seashells.

:cry:

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Back from work!

Yes, atlantic time, it's GMT -4 so an hour ahead of you.

Atlantis is nice this time of year :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    It'd probably help if I quoted Langly for that post, oh well!

Just getting caught up, but it doesn't look like I missed all that much today.

Steam
  • Options
    Whoa, except Ender, but I'm gonna give that a /shrug. Too much public claiming turning out to be BS so far, not gonna bother trying to figure out what he's up to :P

Steam
  • Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    Egos, I'm watching you.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Whoa, except Ender, but I'm gonna give that a /shrug. Too much public claiming turning out to be BS so far, not gonna bother trying to figure out what he's up to :P

It's possible he is some ungodly beast and voting him off will only make him stronger. His posts don't suggest he doesn't want to be voted off O_O

• Options
    I think all will become more apparent in a day or two. Munkus' big reveal yesterday seems to leave us without much meat to go on today.

• Options
    Could be a bluff because his real powers activate in a set number of days?

I guess we'll see, right? :P

Steam
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    To be fair it was Day 1, it isn't like we were gonna get a lot anyway.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    i dunno, doesn't seem too much of a leap

he mustve thought murderbot was, somehow, an asset to the village

altho if murderbot really has to kill more people than the cultists, that seems impossible to me, what with the cultists having at least 2 kills a night

He made talk of having two cannons. If he can get two clean hits a night and a mafia attack gets blocked here or there, it's possible for a murderbot victory

The kill count puts that story to rest.

• Options
    Egos, I'm watching you.

peeps.jpg

D:

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    MrTLicious wrote: »

altho if murderbot really has to kill more people than the cultists, that seems impossible to me, what with the cultists having at least 2 kills a night

He made talk of having two cannons. If he can get two clean hits a night and a mafia attack gets blocked here or there, it's possible for a murderbot victory

He also claimed that they could be combined for an unblockable kill and that's what he would do last night. But then he also claimed he could get a third kill with a standard attack, so who knows

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    MrTLicious wrote: »

He also claimed that they could be combined for an unblockable kill and that's what he would do last night. But then he also claimed he could get a third kill with a standard attack, so who knows

Unless his 3rd attack was on Assuran, who narration suggests got dogpiled.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Seems unlikely to me that someone would give munkus their entire role pm trusting on him not to want to vote them out or kill them and have him agree to build a network for them.

More likely maybe is that munkus was just making stuff up to build contacts, using info from past game... But I've not seen munkus play often so maybe I'm wrong.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    A lot of people got hit but didn't die last night, as well.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

Schuss's logic isn't really holding up for me.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I spy with my giant evil eye... something blue!

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Yes, my logic of hitting the person who was recommended by the guy who is now dead and confirmed to be good. Terrible logic, this.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    The Ender

cause i keep getting "what the hell is the ender doing?" messages.

Also weit owes me money, money i can't collect if he's dead.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I have a few free minutes. Reading through a couple of these posts reminded me of why I quit...

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    The germs believe that they can rally to protect themselves from me.

How amusing.

Wiet

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    A lot of people got hit but didn't die last night, as well.

He claimed to be working with enough people to guarantee a third kill though. But yes, he could have been on one of the others who died

• Options
    Don't open that door, Figgy.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I have a few free minutes. Reading through a couple of these posts reminded me of why I quit...

I'm curious. How so?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Schussfor jumping so lazily on Wiet.

No, "he got a lot of votes yesterday I guess so I have to vote now" is not an acceptable excuse.

• Options
    The Ender wrote: »
    The germs believe that they can rally to protect themselves from me.

How amusing.

Wiet

How is this anything other than you asking to be voted out?

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    How is this anything other than you asking to be voted out?

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm screwed this round, to step out of character for a moment. Lucedes seems to be networked or masoned and wants me eliminated, so no amount of arguing will get votes swapped off of me.

I'm a survival neutral, so revealing doesn't help my case much either. The village won't gain much by eliminating me, but it doesn't strictly hurt their cause either.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

I'm curious. How so?

i'm posting on my phone so i'm not going to go through each post that appears and probably is oblivious

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    Yes, my logic of hitting the person who was recommended by the guy who is now dead and confirmed to be good. Terrible logic, this.

I really don't think yesterday's vote had anything to do with Wiet. It was all about the discussion about whether to kill or attempt to harness the guy-who-claimed-to-be-murderbot. Wiet was just the alternative. YMMV. Still voting for you.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    jdarksun's post of "hey, we can just walk down the list of people voting for Munkus and hit a bunch of mafia" screamed mafia to me, but that might just be my bias of being a villager that voted for Munkus.

Both the Wiet and Ender wagons seem weak, the Wiet wagon especially (Ender's acting weird, but too weird. A mafia member wouldn't draw that much attention. Unless that's what he wants us to think...). As for Wiet, I question the amount of info Munkus had before anyone used any abilities, and it seemed much more that he and others simply grabbed onto the best "not Munkus" wagon. Pretty terrible justification for a day two bandwagon.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Taya for not telling me her mafia secrets.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    The Ender may just be playing up a role, but the blatant hostility in one of his posts kinda got to me too.

Stop voting for wiet, the chances he is a mafia member are quite low. I only voted for him to get the heat off munkus.

I needed a name to post

Really I am getting very little so far, anyone have any good leads?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    The ender stuff is weird, but I think I will go for
    taya for yesterday's behavior.

Wait wait, what behaviour?