As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Superman vs Goku: Who would win??

• Options
    ScolbertScolbert Registered User regular
    if goku and superman were boning who would be what role

finally something worth talking about

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Scolbert wrote: »
    they both take turns

at light speed

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    And don't give me any shit about talent, the random guy could write the best Superman story every written.

Superman Saves the world from vampires.

Done.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    if goku and superman were boning who would be what role

finally something worth talking about

they'd each get a chance at bat, because they're both generous lovers

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I like Grant Morrison but man, sometimes he is just full of shit

and people eat it up

baffling

I would rather read his run on New X-Men than that nonsense up there

take a step back man

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    they both take turns

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    someone post that green lantern page where everybody dumps on hal someone DO IT

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    @trippyjing

suggestion

instead of looking at scans and hearing about plot summaries

how about you actually read comic stories yourself and judge them for yourself?

I like collections on their own when it's a self-contained story or arc. But you take multiple books or the universe as a whole and internal consistency goes to shit, which is what I imagine what happens when you have a gajillion writers that rarely consult one another?

well actually most authors are pretty fucking good about it

the guys who can't keep it together are the exceptions

Once it's printed, it's out there. And that's going to build up over time in a never-ending continuity.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    the new green lantern cartoon is pretty ugly but its actually really fun saturday morning fare if you ignore the fact that the only way a show like this can exist is with the acceptance of an entire planet of sentient beings not being able to solve problems a white man can solve in like an hour

• Options
    and also that hal sucks and is a dumb jerk who sucks

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I am sorry, but I love Final Crisis

it's pretty simple after you reread it for the third time actually

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    morisson is a pretty good writer, but he's also crazy, and no editor dare tell him not to do a thing because what if it is the good crazy and not the bad crazy and he doesn't wanna admit he don't understand it

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    so like

how hard is superman's skin? could you even get into his butthole?

or would he have to open it up for you with his own sphincter muscles?

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Futore wrote: »
    so like

that

you know butt stuff doesn't involve actual piercing right

he's just gotta relax and oh god this is the worst conversation

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    @trippyjing

suggestion

instead of looking at scans and hearing about plot summaries

how about you actually read comic stories yourself and judge them for yourself?

I like collections on their own when it's a self-contained story or arc. But you take multiple books or the universe as a whole and internal consistency goes to shit, which is what I imagine what happens when you have a gajillion writers that rarely consult one another?

well actually most authors are pretty fucking good about it

the guys who can't keep it together are the exceptions

Once it's printed, it's out there. And that's going to build up over time in a never-ending continuity.

yeah and it's either ignored or expanded upon

which is fine

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    that is the stupidest comic page I have ever had the luck of witnessing

I will fight you

but who would win??

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Although physically bested, Darkseid's dying essence is still dragging all of reality into nothingness along with it. Time and space break down as the effect worsens, until eventually, only Superman is left in the darkness at the end of creation, struggling to complete a copy of the "Miracle Machine," a wish-granting machine shown to him by Brainiac 5 during his trip to the future. Darkseid's essence re-emerges to claim the machine, but Superman destroys him for good by countering the vibrational frequency of his lifeforce with a counter-vibration. With Darkseid's end, however, the evil behind evils emerges: Mandrakk, the Dark Monitor, fallen father of Nix Uotan, who waits at the end of all things to consume what remains. Superman uses the solar energy in his own cells to power the Miracle Machine, and makes a wish that is granted by the appearance of an army of Supermen from all across the multiverse—including a Man of Steel who is actually U.S. President Barack Obama in his secret identity.

COME THE FUCK ON

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    the new green lantern cartoon is pretty ugly but its actually really fun saturday morning fare if you ignore the fact that the only way a show like this can exist is with the acceptance of an entire planet of sentient beings not being able to solve problems a white man can solve in like an hour

at least they are a different b color

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Although physically bested, Darkseid's dying essence is still dragging all of reality into nothingness along with it. Time and space break down as the effect worsens, until eventually, only Superman is left in the darkness at the end of creation, struggling to complete a copy of the "Miracle Machine," a wish-granting machine shown to him by Brainiac 5 during his trip to the future. Darkseid's essence re-emerges to claim the machine, but Superman destroys him for good by countering the vibrational frequency of his lifeforce with a counter-vibration. With Darkseid's end, however, the evil behind evils emerges: Mandrakk, the Dark Monitor, fallen father of Nix Uotan, who waits at the end of all things to consume what remains. Superman uses the solar energy in his own cells to power the Miracle Machine, and makes a wish that is granted by the appearance of an army of Supermen from all across the multiverse—including a Man of Steel who is actually U.S. President Barack Obama in his secret identity.
    What the hell.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I am sorry, but I love Final Crisis

it's pretty simple after you reread it for the third time actually

not sure if you know what "simple" means

• Options

COME THE FUCK ON

oh my god this is beautiful

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    comic book continuity isn't even a thing.

it's kind of like James Bond, stuff just keeps happening but you barely ever refer to things that happened twenty years ago.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Dammit the Superman in Final Crisis at the end wasn't "Barack Obama". It was a random black dude as President.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Goku and Superman buddy cop comicbook/movie/cartoon series/breakfast cereal.

Boom, give me all the money.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    so barack obama couldnt be president

because he is from krypton

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    so like

that

right, but have you ever pushed into a b-hole? you gotta have some flexibility of skin and muscles there

in that b-hole

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    What the hell.

this is some animes shit dog this some 90s anime fucking shit

fucking tenchi muyo shit is what that is

• Options
    i love comics because they can do things that no other medium can

fucking ridiculous, amazing things

and you know what, seriously, sick of people judging stories without actually reading them

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Actually, that is a thing I don't like about DBZ and Superman/DC/comics.

NOBODY

FUCKING

DIES

This is more of a comics problem, I feel. Death is now a euphemism for putting a character on the backburner for a decade or two for some other writer to bring them back or revamp them.

At least DBZ is more or less over.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    superman's butthole muscles are so strong they turn his poop into diamonds

superman shits diamonds

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Goku and Superman would both be awful detectives

That is why they get kicked off the force and have to learn the ropes from batman and solve the big mystery.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    so like

that

right, but have you ever pushed into a b-hole? you gotta have some flexibility of skin and muscles there

in that b-hole

it's just a muscle man he's just gotta loosen up

do a little SSJ3 sipping on jack to relax him

a water based kryptonite infused lubricant, not enough to hurt just to soften him up back there

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Actually, that is a thing I don't like about DBZ and Superman/DC/comics.

NOBODY

FUCKING

DIES

This is more of a comics problem, I feel. Death is now a euphemism for putting a character on the backburner for a decade or two for some other writer to bring them back or revamp them.

At least DBZ is more or less over.

unless you are a woman

and i think that actually started with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PlwDbSYicM

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options

Goku and Superman would both be awful detectives

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Marvel's Ultimate universe has lasting deaths happening all the time. Well, a few "dead" people have came back recently in the newest Ultimates book.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    fun fact

that black superman has been around since Crisis on Infinite Earths

and he was in Morrison's Animal Man run too

so no

he wasn't Barack Obama

so

• Options
    wait why does superman even have a butthole if he gets his power from the sun?

• Options
    wait why does superman even have a butthole if he gets his power from the sun?

he still eats, dawg

he gets his super powers from the sun, he gets his calories from his food

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    i love comics because they can do things that no other medium can

fucking ridiculous, amazing things

and you know what, seriously, sick of people judging stories without actually reading them

If I can't judge the DC universe as a whole based on the books I have read, then I'm fairly sure no one can.

Unless they've read every single thing out there.

And I love me some Batman.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options

COME THE FUCK ON

the best part of all this is that the Miracle Machine is an actual thing from the Legion of Superheroes comics from the 70s which at one point in time was eaten by Matter-Eater Lad in order to save the universe

This discussion has been closed.