As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]y Back

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    guys i have a crush how embarrassing :V

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I don't think Flex Mentallo is for me. i like my heroes ambiguous and brooding.

I'd suggest giving it a try. Morrison's work has a great deal of depth.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

On Flex Mentallo?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    In all seriousness, the only reason I haven't read FM yet is because I couldn't find it locally, and I was waiting for the trade to come out.

Now that the trade is out, I really need to pick it up.

yeah it was basically impossible to get a hold of before now. full sets on ebay, when they were available, went for like $200.

it fucking kills me because I was a fan of grant morrison when it was coming out, I was buying comics every week, and for some dumbass reason I never picked it up.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Podly wrote: »
    what should i watch?

The Prisoner

seriously

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

9.gif

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

i know you ache for my milky thighs

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Hey man, that's good. You could have a heart of stone and be incapable of feeling crushes. That would be more embarrassing!

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    also, the symposium is hella weird

So, is Plato a philosopher?

Why do you have to put a label on everything J?!

Because I'm organizing my bookshelf, and I can't decide if Greek plays are included in philosophy. I don't want to include Dante, but if I include Aristophanes then I have to include Ovid, and if Ovid then Dante.

If I don't include the Greek poets, then I can completely keep out literature. But, then, do mathematical texts count as philosophy? They seem more philosophical than poems, but they aren't technically mathematics.

It's a very important problem.

organize them by cover color

With which color do I start, and how do I discern which color follows which?

By increasing wavelength.

Also, I swear to god if you put mathematics texts in the same section as philosophy, I will hunt you down and dismantle you part by part and make toasters out of you.

The big problem is the book, 'Geometry and Chronometry in Philosophical Perspective'.

It says "philosophical" right there! And if it goes in, so too do my books on zero and infinity.

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    I thought Grant Morrison's Batman was awful. Haven't read anything else of his because of that.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

man up chu. feeling feelings is for girls!

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    i read the first three pages of Flex Mentallo and was like alright

i gotta pay attention for this

maybe tomorrow evening

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    also, the symposium is hella weird

So, is Plato a philosopher?

Why do you have to put a label on everything J?!

Because I'm organizing my bookshelf, and I can't decide if Greek plays are included in philosophy. I don't want to include Dante, but if I include Aristophanes then I have to include Ovid, and if Ovid then Dante.

If I don't include the Greek poets, then I can completely keep out literature. But, then, do mathematical texts count as philosophy? They seem more philosophical than poems, but they aren't technically mathematics.

It's a very important problem.

organize them by cover color

With which color do I start, and how do I discern which color follows which?

By increasing wavelength.

Also, I swear to god if you put mathematics texts in the same section as philosophy, I will hunt you down and dismantle you part by part and make toasters out of you.

The big problem is the book, 'Geometry and Chronometry in Philosophical Perspective'.

It says "philosophical" right there! And if it goes in, so too do my books on zero and infinity.

Well, when in doubt, go by the author's typically recognized profession. For example, the author of that book is known as a philosopher. Now, if you have a copy of Contributions to the Founding of the Theory of Transfinite Numbers by Georg Cantor, you put that in mathematics.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Was Grant Morrison the guy who made the really meta and weird run of Animal Man?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    what's the proper etiquette for snubbing the jackass fiance of a friend of ours.?

Ms Friend and Guest is an option. Or the really dickish way is Mr. and Mrs. Friend assuming the jackass is male.

s. Friend and Guest it is...

Oh wait, thanks for crashing Word. You're the best!

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I thought Grant Morrison's Batman was awful. Haven't read anything else of his because of that.

R.I.P.?
    Was Grant Morrison the guy who made the really meta and weird run of Animal Man?

Yep.

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    what should i watch?

The Prisoner

seriously

Ian McKellen is sooo good in this.

You shall not...uh, pass up the chance to watch it?

Form of Monkey! on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i would totally watch the prison, jkosh

also, it's past midnight, which means my music video was officially released!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il0F3eGDzos&feature=youtu.be

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

Are you in that video?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    what should i watch?

The Prisoner

seriously

Is that streaming somewhere now? I just req arched it a few weeks ago.

Id let sir Ian bum a cigarette any day

• Options

R.I.P.?

Yep.

I read from R.I.P to the issue after they fight Pyg.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    gotta figure out if i should ask for another anti depressant next time i talk to the doctor :|

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    yup!

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Grats on your thing, Pod.

• Options

R.I.P.?

Yep.

Yeah. So I love Morrison's work. And I get what he was doing with it, but I have no urge to revisit it. But please, don't let that stop you from his other work. His All Star Superman is close to perfect and it's paired with beautiful Frank Quietly art. His run on Animal Man is nothing short of brilliant. Same with Doom Patrol and Flex Mentallo. You just hit his one work that struck a really discordant note with me as well.

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    what should i watch?

The Prisoner

seriously

Is that streaming somewhere now? I just req arched it a few weeks ago.

Id let sir Ian bum a cigarette any day

Netflix has both the older series, which is not bad at all, and the newer series from 2009 with McKellen, which I prefer.

• Options
    podly looks so german in that video

looks like he could bake a mean loaf of old world bread

• Options
    I meant the 1960s The Prisoner, not the new one (not a comment on its quality, I just haven't seen it).

The original is one of the most brilliant TV shows ever made and I may be biased here, but I don't feel like it's aged a day. The drama is still fresh and gripping and the visuals aren't really that much less daring than they were in 1968.

• Options
    I meant the 1960s The Prisoner, not the new one (not a comment on its quality, I just haven't seen it).

The original is one of the most brilliant TV shows ever made and I may be biased here, but I don't feel like it's aged a day. The drama is still fresh and gripping and the visuals aren't really that much less daring than they were in 1968.

Oh i figured you meant the original. I'm a sucker for very zeitgeisty stuff from like 66-73

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Is Poldy the one on the Korg?

• Options

R.I.P.?

Yep.

Yeah. So I love Morrison's work. And I get what he was doing with it, but I have no urge to revisit it. But please, don't let that stop you from his other work. His All Star Superman is close to perfect and it's paired with beautiful Frank Quietly art. His run on Animal Man is nothing short of brilliant. Same with Doom Patrol and Flex Mentallo. You just hit his one work that struck a really discordant note with me as well.

Well I did buy All-Star Superman already. I should read it then.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular

you play the weird 80's synth guy who's totally somewhere else (and probably Swedish) perfectly

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    podly looks so german in that video

looks like he could bake a mean loaf of old world bread

best compliment ever

alternative post: bake a mein loaf

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

R.I.P.?

Yep.

Well I did buy All-Star Superman already. I should read it then.

You totally should. It's become one of my favorite Superman stories and I have a deep love for the big boy scout.

• Options
    what is your ethnic background podly

how pure are you

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I might watch some Avatar now that Aaron is asleep.

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    I said Swedish, but German is definitely more appropriate

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    what is your ethnic background podly

how pure are you

Podly is so many nationalities that the rainbow of colors fused into white.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

You should totally watch it at some point.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular

Hey man, that's good. You could have a heart of stone and be incapable of feeling crushes. That would be more embarrassing!

But less painful.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
This discussion has been closed.