As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camera Dump

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    A little while back I did some shooting for a friend's band on a mate's camera, and he recently found the photos

f2oggj.jpg

2quj8nb.jpg

34ir22t.jpg

wvvn0l.jpg

Gatsby on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hey guys I live here

JAaN8.jpg

jmRXF.jpg

Sheri on
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    Yes

PostalPix

Pulls from your camera roll

As opposed to Printstagram, which pulls from your Instagram directly

Or MoPho which can pull from camera roll, Instagram, Facebook or something else

I got 60 from PostalPix for $21 including shipping

ah nice!

this is the service i backed, strictly pulling photos from you instagram

snapstagram

will look into postalpix though

PostalPix is cool cuz it's all done in the app on your device

PostalPix is cool cuz it's all done in the app on your device

oh that is v. cool indeed

edited April 2012
    Also did I read that right, that snapstagram would let you print other people's photos? (says you'll be able to print liked photos or from hashtag searches)

Not sure I'm okay with that

Sheri on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    20120423_195432.jpg

20120423_195352.jpg

easysig2.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Yeah it essentially says "by purchasing other people's photos you are agreeing that you have the user's permission"

Uncool

Sheri on
    i'm unsure how they could possibly have permission to do that

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    550158_10150836894889595_590959594_11499778_210607409_n.jpg

Grayson being a zombie RIGHT NOW!

I fear for my life.

Vann Diras wrote: »

Seriously

I'm mildly concerned

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

do you sign away all rights to your photos or something when you agree to use the service?

Rolo wrote: »

do you sign away all rights to your photos or something when you agree to use the service?

dunno, the service hasn't actually launched. it's just a kickstarter right now

it looks like you're not giving up any rights to photos

but the only thing someone has to do to print your photos is say they have your permission

which isn't even a safeguard at all. it's like the age check on video game web sites where you just put in whatever age you feel like

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Since it's a similar tangent, is there a service out there where people can request prints of stuff I've posted, something that nets me some money and said company probably takes a portion of the profits? I want to get some of my floral prints sold, but can't see myself getting them printed right now and just sitting on them, nor do I think showing what I have available and taking individual size requests is efficient. Maybe it is I don't know.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    025.JPG

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    lThQg.jpg

TN0uA.jpg
    That's what she said to the fish

10M2E.jpg
    The kiss was staged, the newspaper was not

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    2YYIq.png

• LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Last pic I took on Instagram...I was going for the whole sarcastic Myspace mirror pic with pretentious instagram filter.

543023_10150825267949595_590959594_11461504_1631349754_n.jpg

Have you lost a billion pounds or am I confusing you with some other fat forumer? Because there are lots of fat forumers, you see.

iwantanswers3.png
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Well he has hair, so it's not me.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Not me either, he can grow a beard

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Look at those fuckin eyebrows

JtgVX0H.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Dude's intense

JtgVX0H.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    Last pic I took on Instagram...I was going for the whole sarcastic Myspace mirror pic with pretentious instagram filter.

Have you lost a billion pounds or am I confusing you with some other fat forumer? Because there are lots of fat forumers, you see.

Like...85 pounds over the last 6 years or so. I still weigh about 235.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I was at the grocery store and saw this and laughed because I am 13 years old

B0Utol.jpg

2x39jD4.jpg
    That sounds delicious.

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    My bookshelf!

temporary-5.jpg

edited April 2012
    Since it's a similar tangent, is there a service out there where people can request prints of stuff I've posted, something that nets me some money and said company probably takes a portion of the profits? I want to get some of my floral prints sold, but can't see myself getting them printed right now and just sitting on them, nor do I think showing what I have available and taking individual size requests is efficient. Maybe it is I don't know.

Ummm zenfolio maybe?

And then there's obviously Etsy, but hose you would be making individual prints yourself. But that's easy if you have a pro lab account, most of them will do drop shipments.

Sheri on
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    it looks like you're not giving up any rights to photos

but the only thing someone has to do to print your photos is say they have your permission

which isn't even a safeguard at all. it's like the age check on video game web sites where you just put in whatever age you feel like

why of course I can view this video, I was born on January 1st, 1905!!

ETqXK.png
    I was born in 1676 why are you discriminating against me

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    :D :D RANDOM SUPER HAPPY CAMERA PHONE PICTURE GALLERY DUMP GO! :D :D

IMAG0188.jpg
    IMAG0356.jpg
    IMAG0582.jpgIMAG0585.jpgIMAG0669.jpg
    IMAG0601-IMAG0604.jpg
    IMAG0591.jpg
    IMAG0605.jpg
    IMAG0618.jpg
    IMAG0701.jpg

Here is what they are of:
    -The first photo is of my friend's derailer on his bike that I was fixing.
    -The second photo is of a large concrete truck's tumbler that fell off when full of concrete and landed in this ditch. Because the concrete hardened it became to heavy to move with out a crane so the land owner opted to leave it there and made it look like a crash landed NASA capsule.
    -The second and third images are some favorite pages of mine from "The Cynics Guide To A Happy Life."
    -The fourth image is of the WSR-88D radar site KINX in Inola, OK.
    -The fifth, sixth, and seventh image is of two supercells in the process of merging. Both are rapidly becoming tornadic and are trying to produce. -These two storms would later go on to produce a family of tornadoes after their merger was complete.
    -The eight image is of the triple shine stage of the car wash that I was running my Jeep through. You can see my phone mount, ham radio, and little dinosaur mascot in the image.
    -The last image is of my dusty keyboard at work.

They were all taken with my HTC Thunderbolt.

:D

Chimera on
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod

Grats, Raijin. Lookin' good.

iwantanswers3.png
  • DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    This the bookshelf that Deicist built:

208311_10150228357890930_729515929_9047817_1357769_n.jpg

I've since go fed up of how many books I have that won't fit on those shelves, so I'm building another set in the alcove on the other side of the fireplace. No idea what I'll do when I outgrow those as well though.

edited April 2012
    IMAG0585.jpg

SIR YES SIR

Brolo on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Only two even kind of interesting pictures from my phone I don't take many pictures. Oo and a facebook profile picture but it makes me look like Sheldon from big bang theory.

ASDQA.jpg

My dad works at the Oshawa Camaro plant and was given the above SS for the weekend. It was a lot of fun to drive!

The others just my parents dog.

B2Klr.jpg

icGJy2C.png
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Yeah it essentially says "by purchasing other people's photos you are agreeing that you have the user's permission"

Uncool

But I can already do that once you've posted the picture. If you've posted it at its full resolution, I can save the image file, go to kodak.com, upload it, and order prints. They may not even bother with a cursory, "you have the legal right to use this image, right?" question before taking my money.

It would be cool if they had a profit-sharing system, though.

Grats, Raijin. Lookin' good.

Thanks, chief.

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    ASDQA.jpg

Is the kid in the hoodie crying because he will never be able to afford the Camaro or because he is in Canada?

MrMonroe wrote: »

Uncool

But I can already do that once you've posted the picture. If you've posted it at its full resolution, I can save the image file, go to kodak.com, upload it, and order prints. They may not even bother with a cursory, "you have the legal right to use this image, right?" question before taking my money.

It would be cool if they had a profit-sharing system, though.

So. . . Since you can do the same bad thing with way more work, it's totally okay for an app to make it easier to do said bad thing?