Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

SWTOR, is it still a WoW challenger?

CoS_EthanCoS_Ethan Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Games and Technology
Noticed that problems of SWTOR are heating up and recently its future seems go rotten.

swtor.jpg

Star Wars: The Old Republic sub numbers already declining - analyst

And this reminds me of another article about SWTOR: How and Why Star Wars: The Old Republic is Sinking Fast

As it is still not released in China, I can't comment on its content and other stuff. Your thoughts on this? 1.7 million is the peak?

City of Steam - Fight in a land of belching furnaces, clockwork marvels, and ancient evils. Visit City of Steam on Facebook for screenshots, dev diaries, and news updates!

• DacDac Registered User regular
    People came for a BioWare game with an MMO flavor.

What they got was an MMO with a BioWare flavor.

camo_sig2.png
    Like building space ships? Like space dogfighting? Want to play a make-your-own-ship dogfighter where you try to take out an enemy carrier while protecting your own? Then help Greenlight GoD Factory
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. 3BB Legendary Creature - Human WizardRegistered User regular
    tor was never a wow "challenger" but that has nothing to do with whether it will be a success or a failure

cjKeuHB.jpg
  • Bobkins FlymoBobkins Flymo Nice day for a Waa WeddingRegistered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    "Link & Discuss" does not make for a thread.

Try the Games Industry thread or the TOR thread in the MMO forum.

0SZEg7b.png
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular
    MMO subscriptions ebb and flow. The analysts and stuff are watching this game like hawks because EA made it so clear they were looking to dethrone Blizzard. But everyone who understood the industry knew that was next to impossible; it would be like Bing dethroning Google.

I played the game for a month and then stopped because although it was fun it was basically like every other MMO I'd played, and I'm pretty much out of that market at this stage of my life. But 1.7 million subs is pretty fucking good for four months out from launch.

steam_sig.png
    Battletag: Threeve#1501
This discussion has been closed.