Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Simple song (mp3) editing software?

LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I've got a few songs in my music collection that I want to do some very simple editing on. As an example, Breaking Benjamin final track on their first CD, titled "Shallow Bay" has a hidden track on it. I'd like to split the hidden track off and make it into its own song.

Another example: I have a few other songs, which all happen to be the final track on an album that have a lot of dead space or other nonsense that I'd like to just clip out and be rid of.

I burn a lot of mix CDs to listen to in my car, and putting these tracks onto a mix CD is really awful, and as a result, a lot of music that I enjoy listening to doesn't get played nearly as much as I'd like, just because I don't want to deal with all the fluff.

So anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for some easy to use software that will allow me to split and/or truncate music tracks. I don't plan on doing anything else beyond that, so I don't need some super fancy suite. I just need something basic (and simple) that will allow me to do what I want to do.

BN_Sig3.jpg