Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Game of Thrones 2nd ed. - Game 1 - My kingdom for a barrel
King Robert Baratheon is dead, and the most important thing in the world is whether or not his wife the queen slept with her brother. The seven kingdoms rally against the evil of blond people and inbred princes, one ridiculous sex scene at a time. House Stark fights the injustice of a man murdered for fanatical devotion to technicalities. House Lannister fights to impose the will of blond people on the nation. House Greyjoy struggles against the shame of feeling up your sister. House Baratheon searches for a new war planning table after Lord Stannis knocked over and stained his last one. The other two houses haven't been in the show yet so who cares about them. One is green one is orange. FIGHT!
Objective: Be the one with the most castles/strongholds at the end of the 10th turn. Optionally, you win immediately if you ever control 7 castles/strongholds at any point.
This is going to be a game with a lot of firsts! Mostly first time players (2nd edition or otherwise), along with a first time host of anything!
Rules short version
1. Draw Westeros turn event cards, follow instructions. (does not happen 1st turn)
2. Everyone simultaneously and secretly must place one order in every area you have units in.
3. All orders revealed.
4. Each play by turn order (Iron Throne track) resolves one raid order until raid orders are done.
5. Each play by turn order (Iron Throne track) resolves one march (move) order until all moves and battles are done. Battles are just like Diplomacy except each player uses one card that adds 0-4 strength plus some special effects.
6. Power tokens (money) collected from area with consolidate power order.
7. Game ends immediately once one player acquires 7 strongholds/castles, or at the end of turn 10 where the one with the most castles/strongholds wins. No shared victories.
We're all going to fuck up some rules this game and we'll just have to roll with it. Here are some clarifications on the most commonly confused rules:
- You may only place orders in areas (land, sea, ports) you have units present. Simply having control (with power token or home territory) does not fulfill this condition.
- Having control does allow you to take advantage of the resource (supply, power token, castle muster) when the appropriate card comes up.
- You must place an order in every area you have units present in.
- You may place consolidate power tokens in sea spaces, but they will do nothing.
- Units under a support order can support any number of adjacent battles, not just one.
- Seriously, read up all threads on ports in the BBG and FFG forums. They can get confusing.
- Lone units do not count towards your supply limit. Supply only applies to the number/size of armies and fleets that can exist at any time (more than one land or sea unit in the same space).
- Supply totals are not adjusted as soon as you capture/lose them, only when a card specifically says to tally supplies.
- You cannot voluntarily "disband" your own units to free up supply (destroying armies for navies and vice versa).
- Regardless of supply, each house is limited to 10 footmen, 5 knights, 6 ships, and 2 siege engines at a time. 20 power token is the max each house can possess.
- Each house is limited to 2 of each type (raid, defend, etc.) of regular order plus one special order for each type. The two regular march orders are split into one +0 order and one -1 order.
- Those dinky grey boxes of mine on the map with a 5 and 6 are neutral forces.
This will be a 6 player game.
I will be both hosting and playing. We can have cheating safeguards be me having to private message my orders to a neutral party (Darian) before posting new turns and accepting everyone's orders. If ever my orders contradict what I sent out prior, watchdog Darian will blow the whistle (at which point I will push him out a window and paralyze him for life to keep my secret).
Houses will be randomly assigned.
Orders can be PM'd to me at the start of each turn (after I have already sent mine to Darian). Each player should post that their orders have been sent. When all have posted I shall check my private messages and process the phase. The same procedure goes for playing house cards for battles.
We will not be using the optional tides of war cards with so many first time players.
Private diplomacy is allowed.
Expect backstabs and betrayal. Take it with a grain of salt.
Mr. Mojo Risin
sartori (solo or partner)
Harlon (solo or partner)
SeGaTai (adviser partner?)
So we have sartori and Harlon down for partnering, with SeGaTai as a definite reserve or partner. Does any one of those people have a preference for partnering with anyone else on the list? Would anyone not currently listed with a partner preference be up for accepting one of them as a partner? Would sartori and Harlon just want to partner together? That would give us 6.
Feel free to sign up as a reserve in case some fall through.