As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HULK SMASH PUNY BOX OFFICE RECORDS!

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I was kinda surprised at how many times the audience started cheering when the hulk did his thing. Sure it was awesome but they werent cheering for the other guys like that.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I do not get people who cheer at movies.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Hulk's real superpower is charisma

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    It annoys the shit out of me

smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Big Bad spoilers.
    I hope Thanos has a Thanos Copter.

SSS-ThanosCopterBig.jpg

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I love that shot.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

I understand it.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

I understand it.

Some parts of movies are fucking awesome and deserve to be cheered.
    Hulk grabbing Loki and pummeling the fuck out of him was the best thing and there's a reason the theater broke out into applause. It was goddamn awesome.

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Theater Review: In Eugene Oregon, people see superhero movies high as fuck, and make sure to wear ugly ass MMA shirts. Also, a big fuck you to people forming lines that shoot into other lines for at call printing. Everyone who was there was pretty respectful of other people and it was the best/quietest film i'd seen in a silver screen/intimate theater setting in this state, because typically people are rude as fuck in theaters nowadays. Not even that kid repeating every line like some sort of tic bugged me! Black guys remarking on trailers were pretty good as far as black guys remarking on trailers go. Probably the best black guys in a theater behind me to date.

Film Review: This a unique film. The dialogue never overstays it welcome, and is genuinely entertaining even if you wince at the mere mention of Whedon's name. Stuff gets fucked up big time in this movie, like you wouldn't believe. It is sad, because it means a hard look at one's enjoyment of superhero comics. Your conversations about the Avengers movie transcribed, would look like that of discussion of a superhero comic you are reading. It is the only actual superhero film.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Non americans give silent thumbs up to show their approval in a crowded movie theater.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Big Bad spoilers.

SSS-ThanosCopterBig.jpg

Oops! the most powerful artifact in the universe could fall into anyone's hands

oooh welllll!

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    No we just watch the movie.

• Options
    Maybe laugh.

Be glad we don't live in a third world country.

Not be fat.

The usual.

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    yeah, I got that applause too

i busted out laughing

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Maybe laugh.

Be glad we don't live in a third world country.

Not be fat.

The usual.

then afterwards we go visit the doctor and the government pays for it

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I get applause and cheering during a midnight premiere or on opening weekend in a packed theatre

but in a sparsely populated theatre 3 weeks into the theatrical run?

nah

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Yeah midnight shows are for the rowdier reactionary audiences really. And all and all this was the perfect movie for it.
    That tracking shot. Oh my god oh my god. I don't even want to know how goofy my face looked during that one.

Seriously, I reverted into a ten year old.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Also. Someone was at my theater dressed as Guy Gardner. Eternal respect on that one.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Think I'm gonna try to see this mid week during the day if i can

dont need no crowd

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Big Bad spoilers.

SSS-ThanosCopterBig.jpg

that lady has a costume of a hand reaching for her boobies

theSquid on
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

dont need no crowd

I went to a show at noon today and it was a packed theater.

Did not expect that, let me tell you.

• Options
    Avengers is going to make all of the money

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am curious as to where they are gonna slot in Dr. Strange

cause

AVENGERS SPOILERS
    They are working on Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 next year, then Cap 2 and MYSTERY FILM the year later. Guardians of the Galaxy has to happen sometime since they are getting all cosmic with Thanos and Fiege is very talkative about it, and Ant-Man is probably finally materializing as well what with Wright and Marvel doing some heavy hinting.

So maybe it'll be another 4-year cycle to Avengers 2?

2013: Iron Man 3, Thor 2
    2014: Captain America 2, MYSTERY FILM THAT IS PROBABLY ANT-MAN
    2015: Dr. Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy
    2016: Avengers 2

Hulk 2015 (rumor)

I wonder where they'll fit in SHIELD and Heroes for Hire
    And Ms. Marvel needs to be introduced somewhere

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    As far as I know they aren't actively developing a SHIELD or Heroes for Hire movie

they were working on Iron Fist a few years back but it was by the dude who did XXX so it is good that it never came to fruition

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    wayward wrote: »
    Tony/Loki:
    I thought there was more to it than just his chest piece being in the way. Wasn't it implied that the arc reactor, the Tesseract, and Asgardian magic/tech all work on similar principles? I thought maybe the reactor was actually cancelling the staff's power somehow. I dunno, maybe I was reading too much into it.
    Yes, the Arc Reactor technology Howard made is based on the Cosmic Cube Tesseract.

When did they say that?
    I thought it didn't work because he tried to poke his staff through not a person.
    they glow the same colour

that's it
    And Tesseract powered weapons shoot with the same sound that Iron Man's repulsor rays do. They chose that sound to mimic IM's deliberately, I think Johnson mentioned that in an interview when Captain America was released. Another thing they have in common is Howard's Arc Reactor looks like a room sized Tesseract. That was not a coincidence.

• Options
    Man they aren't gonna reboot Hulk

they directly referenced Incredible Hulk in Avengers and it would go against the whole thing they have been trying to do with the movieverse

he might get another movie just because Ruffalo signed the 6 movie deal recently and Hulk has been getting insane amounts of buzz from Avengers, but it won't be a reboot like that article says

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

I understand it.

Some parts of movies are fucking awesome and deserve to be cheered.
    Hulk grabbing Loki and pummeling the fuck out of him was the best thing and there's a reason the theater broke out into applause. It was goddamn awesome.

This was my audience's moment too. And good gods I'm so glad I finally saw this and I'm still in awe and I was this close to walking back into the theater for tickets for a later show. The only thing stopping me was that I'm going to see this with friends later this week. But holy shit, that was a well done movie.

So
    Damn
    Good.

And I can finally click spoilers worry-free! That's almost worth half the price of admission!

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    By the way this movie was AWESOME

In case you guys hasn't heard

• Options
    Man they aren't gonna reboot Hulk

they directly referenced Incredible Hulk in Avengers and it would go against the whole thing they have been trying to do with the movieverse

he might get another movie just because Ruffalo signed the 6 movie deal recently and Hulk has been getting insane amounts of buzz from Avengers, but it won't be a reboot like that article says

They probably just mean reboot as in new actor taking over a character
    It's a term used loosely these days

• Options
    Sheri wrote: »
    By the way this movie was AWESOME

In case you guys hasn't heard

SPREAD THE GOOD WORD

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Huntera wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

dont need no crowd

I went to a show at noon today and it was a packed theater.

Did not expect that, let me tell you.

maybe I'll wait a week then

unless I see it with friends i have no problem going to a mid day show for a smaller crowd

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I love having a cheering/energetic crowd. It makes the movie an experience that's different from watching it at home.

oh by the way this movie was fucking amazing.

• Options
    also I vehemently disagree with anyone who did not enjoy Ruffalo's performance. I was sad it wasn't Norton, and he made me really happy they dropped him. I thought he was fantastic.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    holy crap this movie

I went and saw it this afternoon and I almost turned around and went into the next showing, I want to see it again as soon as possible
    I seriously yelled at the screen when I saw Thanos

I was like NO WAY

• Options
    Ruffalo almost stole the show

which is saying something because everyone was at the top of their game

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bruce and Tony had really good interaction with each other. Really flushed out Hulk's character too other than being 'ANGRY->SMASH'

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    holy crap this movie

I went and saw it this afternoon and I almost turned around and went into the next showing, I want to see it again as soon as possible

I was like NO WAY
    Centi

I am so jealous you got the Hulk theme now

although Cap did have some really great moments

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    holy crap this movie

I was like NO WAY
    Some chick in the row behind us loudly proclaimed that it was Red Skull

Those people were obnoxious

Sheri on
  • Options
    Bruce and Tony had really good interaction with each other. Really flushed out Hulk's character too other than being 'ANGRY->SMASH'

see, and I love the hawkeye/hulk friendship they have going in EMH, but I loved the tony/bruce thing even more. It was just a really good fit.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    holy crap this movie

I was like NO WAY
    Centi

I am so jealous you got the Hulk theme now

although Cap did have some really great moments

I loved Cap's natural leadership ability
    the part where he gives the police orders and the guy's like "why should I listen to you?"

and then he sees why

also I thought his characterization as a guy who is a good soldier but also doesn't swallow bullshit easily was fantastic

This discussion has been closed.