Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

HULK SMASH PUNY BOX OFFICE RECORDS!

• ToxTox I kill threads Pharezon's human garbage heapRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Iron Man was a super fun movie.

When someone tries to do a "fun" batman movie you get Batman and Robin.

What about The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight was super-fun

Oh yeah, sure...
    Spoiler:

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    James Dean was the actor, Jimmy Dean was in the sausage business.

James Deen is both an actor AND in the sausage business.
    Secret Satans! Post | Gaming Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Klonoa of the Wind WAHOO!Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »

the dark knight was a really serious movie that was fun to watch

iron man was a movie that was just havin a hoot with iron man

I think that's the character though

Iron Man is just a more fun character. Bruce Wayne broods. Tony Stark actually acts like a billionaire. I think Iron Man 1 is probably about as serious as Iron Man film could get.

BwQ9Ecd.jpg?1
    Magya! | Sometimes I stream PS4 games here | PSN: UnbreakableVow
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Hell, Ultimate Galactus Trilogy for example. Seems somewhat similar to certain Mass Effect enemy!
    Yeah when I was explaining the Ultimate Universe to Pharezon

and I got to Gah Lak Tus

I was just like WAIT WHEN DID THIS COME OUT OH GOD

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    Think about this shit. Your Garrus would be Captain America. Dum Dum Dugan would be all jealous and shit

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    who'd be the crazy lady that's racist against superheroes that I leave with a giant bomb?

• BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular

Iron Man is just a more fun character. Bruce Wayne broods. Tony Stark actually acts like a billionaire. I think Iron Man 1 is probably about as serious as Iron Man film could get.
    Nope.

Iron Man wasn't the snarky, comical playboy we know until Iron Man

he was still rich and liked sleeping around, but he had none of the personality

the only story pre-movie that is similar to RDJ Stark is Extremis, which itself had an influence on the film

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Let's Beat The Shit Out of A Populated City

Or a avengers game that blatantly rips off mass effect, where you're gathering dudes as nick or maria hill

Would feel different than Mass Effect, since your party would totally outclass you, one way or another.

I mean, Fury's cool, but the whole game would consist of being taken down a peg by Stark at every opportunity.

except you're nick fury and that means you know about the time stark jerked off on a dog in third grade

Basically. And Shepard surrounded himself with people that can do shit he cannot do all the time. Hell, really ME2 was like forming The Ultimates. Just take that idea to its logical conclusion. Helicarrier? You know how many dope possibilities exist there?

Technically, yes, as everyone that has ever lived (and some furniture) is a better dancer than Shepard.

But when it comes to smashing faces, she's the best there is at what she does.

Fury's a badass, but his skillset is more command oriented. He's not even the best baseline human combatant in SHIELD's employ for the films. (That'd be Barton or Romanova)

It wouldn't be playing Shepard. It'd be playing Hackett.

• WeaverWeaver send help pirates have meRegistered User regular
    I want a Hackett fleet battle simulator stat

ProfessionalandCommander_zps6c326307.jpg
    Look I mean like comic fury

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    as long as I can have frank castle in my cargo hold, i'm good

See! TLB knows!

I wouldn't do ultimate galactus, though

Probably Kree/Skrull War

• WeaverWeaver send help pirates have meRegistered User regular
    Take prototype, make it multiplayer with superheroes.

ProfessionalandCommander_zps6c326307.jpg
    Do what you need to do, video game industry. If Obsidian is gonna make some garbage South Park game you can cater to my irrational whims

• AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    Guess who isn't seeing avengers until next weekend now because their mom is sick and has work to do

Blankzilla wrote: »

Nope.

the only story pre-movie that is similar to RDJ Stark is Extremis, which itself had an influence on the film

But that doesn't conflict with his character, right?

I feel like having Bruce Wayne actually have fun with his wealth would just feel wrong

That's why I loved how in Batman Begins he asked Alfred what he should be doing, to which he responded "Date supermodels, drive expensive cars, and buy things that can't be bought." In the next scene he got out of his sports car with a model on each arm and proceeded to buy a hotel that wasn't for sale. Like a checklist, because the man doesn't know how to truly have fun in his life.

And when I said "Dark Knight was fun," I don't think that "fun" necessarily equates to bright lights, one liners and light drama. I think dark films can be just as much fun to watch.

BwQ9Ecd.jpg?1
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie totally sane in the AsylumRegistered User regular
    On the first end credits scene
    Spoiler:

Nope.

But that doesn't conflict with his character, right?

I feel like having Bruce Wayne actually have fun with his wealth would just feel wrong

That's why I loved how in Batman Begins he asked Alfred what he should be doing, to which he responded "Date supermodels, drive expensive cars, and buy things that can't be bought." In the next scene he got out of his sports car with a model on each arm and proceeded to buy a hotel that wasn't for sale. Like a checklist, because the man doesn't know how to truly have fun in his life.

And when I said "Dark Knight was fun," I don't think that "fun" necessarily equates to bright lights, one liners and light drama. I think dark films can be just as much fun to watch.
    There is a difference between Batman being Tony Stark and Batman still having fun

there are loads of great Batman stories where Bruce enjoys himself as Batman, experimenting with new tech and trying things out

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

This is precisely what I am hoping for.

tonkkatrikesig.jpg
    Gamertag: T0NKKA - Steam: evilumpire Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! HEY SATAN
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Spoiler:

I've been thinking about this a bunch.
    Spoiler:

• VeretasVeretas Registered User regular
    Hell, Ultimate Galactus Trilogy for example. Seems somewhat similar to certain Mass Effect enemy!
    Yeah when I was explaining the Ultimate Universe to Pharezon

and I got to Gah Lak Tus

I was just like WAIT WHEN DID THIS COME OUT OH GOD

God the art in the final act of that was so fucking atrocious I vomited every time I turned the page.

• ZayZay Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Take prototype, make it multiplayer with superheroes.

or take a game that is fun

4lHNTd4.png
    the thing you need to realize is that batman is essentially a child pretending to be what he thinks an adult is, and iron man is an adult acting the way you'd think a child would

and both, to some degree, are coping mechanisms

So do I, come to think.

Hmm.

Think Cap would work better for the lead in a ME style game.

If you play as Fury, his "knowing all the secrets" bit would be limited by gameplay considerations. You'd know what he knows, and vice versa. No mystery.

Play as someone lower on the ladder, and he can pull things out without feeling like cheating.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Well
    Spoiler:

• AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

So do I, come to think.

Datapad

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Well
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Well
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I honestly have no idea if
    Spoiler:

• Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie totally sane in the AsylumRegistered User regular
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yeah, I agree. I still hope it can happen though :)

Do not ruin my idea! I'm so close to getting off you have no idea!

Man I like Rank's idea, but a big part of this was suspension of disbelief actually working and the intricacies of the films working together through those easter eggs. I doubt its going to get overly complicated. To my surprise, for all the special effects and fight scenes, nothing seems overstated. It wasn't especially an intellectual affair, but who gives a shit. It delivered as advertised. Kids were happy, I was happy, that guy in Abed Batman costume for the Batman trailer was happy

Yeah they managed to make it feel intricate if you paid attention to the little things in the previous films, but still explain enough of it that Avengers is fully capable of standing alone

which they will definitely need to keep doing

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Well
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Actually yeah, on the subject of easter eggs and clues seeded by Marvel
    Spoiler:

Also, as theater crabby as I get if you got mad at kids during this movie break your own jaw

Spoiler:
    Whoa there
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

i'm just hoping to see
    Spoiler:

Also, as theater crabby as I get if you got mad at kids during this movie break your own jaw
    Spoiler:

BwQ9Ecd.jpg?1
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Well
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Registered User regular
    Are there any screencaps of
    Spoiler:

Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Seriously, don't click this unless you're ready for a massive spoiler

This discussion has been closed.