As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Walking Dead: The Game] Available everywhere!

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Gah! This is out already? I'm so behind on Telltale when I used to pre-order everything they put out. I still need to grab this and Jurassic Park. Not to mention actually play BttF, Wallace & Gromit, and Puzzle Agent 2.

Does anyone know if Telltale still has their own set of CD keys when you buy it from them instead of Steam for this one? Cause I love my boxed collection of their stuff, but I do love me some achievements. Having to make the call is the main reason I've put off Jurassic Park. At least they get some pretty good deals direct from them a couple times a year.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    SightTDW wrote: »
    Gah! This is out already? I'm so behind on Telltale when I used to pre-order everything they put out. I still need to grab this and Jurassic Park. Not to mention actually play BttF, Wallace & Gromit, and Puzzle Agent 2.

Does anyone know if Telltale still has their own set of CD keys when you buy it from them instead of Steam for this one? Cause I love my boxed collection of their stuff, but I do love me some achievements. Having to make the call is the main reason I've put off Jurassic Park. At least they get some pretty good deals direct from them a couple times a year.

Well, if by achievements you mean 360, don't count on playing any time soon. It is out for every system except 360 and iOS and there is apparently no release date set (although some places/reviews say today). I caved and got it for PS3 because I am not waiting weeks/months for anything Walking Dead.

edit: OP needs to have info. Game prices for each console, that TWD on 360 is MIA, that it deals with the comic, etc.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    redfield85 wrote: »

Well, if by achievements you mean 360, don't count on playing any time soon. It is out for every system except 360 and iOS and there is apparently no release date set (although some places/reviews say today). I caved and got it for PS3 because I am not waiting weeks/months for anything Walking Dead.

edit: OP needs to have info. Game prices for each console, that TWD on 360 is MIA, that it deals with the comic, etc.

I'm referring to Steam achievements. With Jurassic Park you couldn't activate the game on Steam if you bought it from Telltale. If you bought it from Steam you got achievements, but you didn't qualify for a free boxed copy from Telltale.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular

Sorry about that, i made the thread before i left to work so wasnt able to put much info in.

Im having an issue finding it on my PS3 (former Xbox owner). I downloaded the game and the theme, both are installed but i cant find it on the Playstation Home screen to play it...

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Why are you not on XBL yet? WHY??

:(

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I love the show and have read the comic up to issue 12 and like it.

I want to buy this game don't I?

So figured out you HAVE to download the Demo and the full game unlock file to play the game...didnt know the full game and demo share same file, would have helped if they indicated that somewhere.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    So figured out you HAVE to download the Demo and the full game unlock file to play the game...didnt know the full game and demo share same file, would have helped if they indicated that somewhere.

When I bought it, I was given the option to download the demo and the full product activation at the same time. I just queued both up and told it to download in the background. Then I installed both and voila.

Lucascraft wrote: »

When I bought it, I was given the option to download the demo and the full product activation at the same time. I just queued both up and told it to download in the background. Then I installed both and voila.

Yea, mine seemed to do everything automatically when I bought the season pass. I saw it dl the demo and was like uhhh, ok whatever.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    N-no XBL release info at all?

... My heart... its full of sad. :(:(:(

Edit: Didnt this happen with Sam and Max? They ended up just releasing all of the episodes at once or something? I know i bought em all at once.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    most psn games work that way, presumably so if you download the demo and then want to buy the full game you dont have to redownload anything.

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    most psn games work that way, presumably so if you download the demo and then want to buy the full game you dont have to redownload anything.

That's correct, at least in my experience.

steam_sig.png
  • Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    I think this game has the most intense zombie killing scene of any game ever. And that's only in the first 15 minutes.

• TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    I'm absolutely loving this game. Puzzles that make sense, decisions that seem to matter, rushed conversations! I like it. If you're on the fence I put up a spoiler-free review on the site in my sig.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    my roommate has it on PS3 and I keep hearing him yell about how great it is, and Im just sitting at my XBox being sad and trying to avoid spoilers.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Just played and finished the first episode.

Finished spoilers:
    News reporter girl is an idiot. Seriously, you don't know what AA batteries are? And you put them in the wrong way? HOLY SHIT you are as thick as two planks.

And old man is an arsehole. I will always side against him.

mxmarks wrote: »
    my roommate has it on PS3 and I keep hearing him yell about how great it is, and Im just sitting at my XBox being sad and trying to avoid spoilers.

Kill him.

No jury in the world would convict you.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    That was the first game ive bought on PSN, didnt know that.

I enjoyed the hour i played last night, that first zombie kill was pretty nerve racking. I like the timed conversation choices, did anyone else yell "OH SHIT" in the car instead of something that might have helped?

That was the first game ive bought on PSN, didnt know that.

I enjoyed the hour i played last night, that first zombie kill was pretty nerve racking. I like the timed conversation choices, did anyone else yell "OH SHIT" in the car instead of something that might have helped?

FUCKING DRIVE! (or something like that)

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hah, it was "IN THE ROAD!" for me. :P

Oh brilliant
  • f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Has anyone found a way to invert y-axis controls on PS3? I didn't see it in settings, and I can't rewire my brain apparently...

steam_sig.png
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Xbla release Friday per major Nelson's blog. Fuck yes.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Xbla release Friday per major Nelson's blog. Fuck yes.

Woo hoo!

Coronas and zombies!

• Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    TPSou wrote: »
    I'm absolutely loving this game. Puzzles that make sense, decisions that seem to matter, rushed conversations! I like it. If you're on the fence I put up a spoiler-free review on the site in my sig.

Do you mean timed conversations? Like if I don't make a dialogue choice fast enough they'll just move on?

I'm not going to get to play this until tomorrow likely. Possibly tonight, but I'm kinda busy. Ughhh... hate responsibilities.

steam_sig.png
    TPSou wrote: »

Do you mean timed conversations? Like if I don't make a dialogue choice fast enough they'll just move on?

I'm not going to get to play this until tomorrow likely. Possibly tonight, but I'm kinda busy. Ughhh... hate responsibilities.

Actually, what does happen if you don't pick a dialogue choice? I always did.

bYf6vNQ.png
    There's usually a "..." option on the wheel, I assume that's the default, as one of the warning bubbles at some point was "silence IS a valid choice!"

Oh brilliant
  • Raif SeveranceRaif Severance Registered User regular
    So does anyone know if the choices actually make a difference in this first episode? My wife and I played it and she chose to
    save Hershel's son on the farm instead of the boy and she still got kicked off the farm and ended up in Macon whereas I chose to save Kenny's son and the same thing happened. I was hoping there would be separate story lines, not just different dialogue. I noticed that the "next time" epilogue was a bit different for her but it was only what the people were saying, not the actual events.

I'm hoping that there will actually be unique locations only accessible if you chose a certain path. The way it is now from what I can see is it's the same story line with slight variations in dialogue.

So does anyone know if the choices actually make a difference in this first episode? My wife and I played it and she chose to
    save Hershel's son on the farm instead of the boy and she still got kicked off the farm and ended up in Macon whereas I chose to save Kenny's son and the same thing happened. I was hoping there would be separate story lines, not just different dialogue. I noticed that the "next time" epilogue was a bit different for her but it was only what the people were saying, not the actual events.

I'm hoping that there will actually be unique locations only accessible if you chose a certain path. The way it is now from what I can see is it's the same story line with slight variations in dialogue.

I believe it was said that the choices will make a difference in the next episodes, there are three save slots so after I do my first playthrough I'm gonna choose different conversation choices on a different slot. I lied to Herschel about something and he caught me I was like oh crap! Wonder how that will come back to bite me in the ass.

Are the kids actually fair game in this? I know anything goes in the comics, but for some reason I assume that they'll somehow survive, no matter what.

...maybe hoping. Clementine is too adorable to get horribly murdered. D:

Oh brilliant
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Fuck, clicked a spoiler by accident. Does the knowledge of
    a farm being burnable
    ruin much?

I'm waiting for the XBLA release.

• Raif SeveranceRaif Severance Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Are the kids actually fair game in this? I know anything goes in the comics, but for some reason I assume that they'll somehow survive, no matter what.

...maybe hoping. Clementine is too adorable to get horribly murdered. D:

I know at one point:
    there's an option to side with Larry and get Duck thrown out of the pharmacy since they think he's been bitten. Not sure if it's possible since I didn't take that path but it would be interesting to see. You also have some times where Clementine is being attacked by zombies and I assume you can just do nothing and she'll either get killed or someone else will save her (I'm thinking the latter will happen).

Raif Severance on
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    Finished episode 1, that was surprisingly good. Especially after having watched the execrable show.

Seriously though is this a thing where people don't know what batteries look like anymore or something?

• TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Turkey wrote: »
    Fuck, clicked a spoiler by accident. Does the knowledge of
    a farm being burnable
    ruin much?

I'm waiting for the XBLA release.

Haven't played the game, but watching the show it might point out something in a particular setting. Think you'll be ok.

theSquid wrote: »
    Seriously though is this a thing where people don't know what batteries look like anymore or something?

That was stupid. How did Carly survive day-to-day life before there were zombies?

• SirsonSirson Registered User regular

That was stupid. How did Carly survive day-to-day life before there were zombies?

Lol yea that was some funny crap. I thought the same thing. She knows how to reload and operate fire arms, but she can't be bothered to check the batteries when the radio doesn't come on.. Whuaa!! Otherwise awesome little game though, I really enjoyed it.

Sirson wrote: »

Lol yea that was some funny crap. I thought the same thing. She knows how to reload and operate fire arms, but she can't be bothered to check the batteries when the radio doesn't come on.. Whuaa!! Otherwise awesome little game though, I really enjoyed it.

Or, you know, the stress of the situation got to her and she has more important things to worry about like not dying. Are you all telling me you have never done stupid shit like that? I don't want to turn this into a huge "you is dumb" argument. I am just saying that with the stress of the situation and having a brain fart, this kind of stuff happens.

bYf6vNQ.png

Or, you know, the stress of the situation got to her and she has more important things to worry about like not dying. Are you all telling me you have never done stupid shit like that? I don't want to turn this into a huge "you is dumb" argument. I am just saying that with the stress of the situation and having a brain fart, this kind of stuff happens.

Twice???

Twice???

Yeah, it's not some momentary lapse, it's an established pattern during downtime.

And was that end thing bugged for anyone else? Where it shows the percentage of people who made each decision. For me it was just a list of DECISION 1: 50%, with the actual DECISION 1 placeholders still there.

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Mine was only slightly bugged.

It said I
    Sided with Frank in the store, when I distinctly remember telling Kenny to punch his ass in the face.

However, I wasn't surprised that I was in the minority for a different decision:
    I saved Doug.

Most people saw some unemployed nerd living in his mom's basement.

I saw him as a guy who:

- Someone who risked his life to save the reporter, even though he had never met her.

- Seemed pretty intelligent. (Reprogrammed the TV remote for the store TVs talked about making robots)

- Was nice to me and actually pretty funny.

I let Reporter Chick die:

Most people saw her as someone who has insight (as a reporter) and could shoot a gun.

I saw the reporter as someone who:

- Threatened me as well as didn't trust me.

- Had no redeeming skills aside from shooting a gun.

- Couldn't figure out a radio needed batteries. Nor could she utilize them correctly. (No critical thinking skills)

- Gave me a ton of shit for letting that poor woman shoot herself in the head.

Not to mention that I shouldn't have to save someone who is a crack shot while they are wielding a gun!

So yeah, Doug was heroic and trustworthy and smart and awesome. Reporter chick was dumb and a jerk and screw her, man.

All in all? Thought it was great.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg