Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: 'MLP: FiM: For the New Lunar Old Republic' by Goatmon

GoatmonGoatmon Cancel My 2:00This meeting could get DEADLYRegistered User regular
edited April 2012 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
Good Idea wrote: »
Good Idea wrote: »
Huh. Wikipedia has this to say on Cadence:
In Western musical theory, a cadence (Latin cadentia, "a falling") is, "a melodic or harmonic configuration that creates a sense of repose or resolution [finality or pause]."

Finality. End of season. Coincidence? There's also something called a
Ponies teach me things about music theory. Who would have thought.

I think it's more a reference to this. Which is a related meaning, but more relevant.

Ah yes, the obvious horse pun. Which I totally missed. Also, apparently it's the name of an executive's daughter.

edit: Turn out there is, in fact, more to it. Daniel Ingram is a very clever composer, and of course he knows all about cadences and such.

Spoiler:

:D

aik7511.jpg

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist A banana is good. It tastes the same going in or going out! Registered User regular
  • GoatmonGoatmon Cancel My 2:00 This meeting could get DEADLYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I didn't actually wite that post, fyi. I followed a link that was posted in the aforementioned tumblr, which leads to a reddit page that contains the stuff I quoted in the spoiler.

I understand if you missed that, since the quote box isn't as obvious inside the spoiler tag.

Goatmon on
    aik7511.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Cancel My 2:00 This meeting could get DEADLYRegistered User regular
    Cadence is both a musical term, and Princess Cadenza's nickname, you see.

There's a musical technique used in the song BBBFF (Big Brother Best friend Forever), that actually references something hat happens later on in the show.

I'll try to simplify it a bit.
    Spoiler:

aik7511.jpg
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    If, as a grown man, you have enough time to break down the chord progression of My Little Pony in order to find an obscure pun, you have entirely too much goddamn time on your hands.

sig.png
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Or maybe you watch ponies because they are good, and are also in to making music.

headphones2.jpg