As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] Pre-PAX Dinner: Get Involved

14567810»

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    beta_angel wrote: »
    TOG and Lexicon, I've emailed you some information regarding emails.

It's an important message from the department of redundancy department.

NOTICE: Your notice has been noticed and the proper notifications have been made.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • sheen16sheen16 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'd like to be involved somehow and help. I know about keeping traditions and how special that can be. I live 5 blocks from Con also, may help something? :^:

• sheen16sheen16 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    You normally negotiate rates depending on the client and the event. This situation is unusually confused so it's tough to tell if actually we're negotiating in a passive-aggressive Seattle way.

HOW FUNNY.

• Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    I feel like somebody should say, at some point, "I said GOOD DAY, SIR!" It just seems appropriate.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    If they're douchetards, that's not ok and we shall say to them, 'Good Day, Sir. Good Day.'

@Menolly07: Get Out of my Miiiiind

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    ^>^

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • MarkWebsterMarkWebster Ottersaurus Rex OntarioRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, How do I get involved? =]

@sheen16 and @MarkWebster - well.... first you have to put up with @TOGSolid. :P

No seriously, I think we've researched the dinner to death. Right now everyone is just sitting around waiting to hear back from the caterers and restaurants. There's going to be a need for helpers at the dinner for sure though and maybe more prework earlier.

I am a cuddly snugglewuggle who is only ever the epitome of politeness!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    I am a cuddly snugglewuggle who is only ever the epitome of politeness!

If that's true then I'm the life of the party, super outgoing and ready to karoke on command :P (Just so people are clear, absolutely none of that is true! I'm the guy in the corner)
    Although I'm sure you're helpful and fun to be around, but polite? Nah ;)

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    @LexiconGrrl Will you be posting a list of things you need help with once things are a bit closer? My husband and I will be arriving earlier in the day on Thursday so we might be able to pitch in a hand here or there.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
    Fenrisfang wrote: »
    @LexiconGrrl Will you be posting a list of things you need help with once things are a bit closer? My husband and I will be arriving earlier in the day on Thursday so we might be able to pitch in a hand here or there.

Somebody will - this is a group effort.

• Zoroark173Zoroark173 Registered User regular
    Do you guys have a good enough idea yet to say if it will be >18 or no?

• beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I think that you'll know when they do.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited May 2012
    Pretty much. We'll have a shiny new thread when that happens since it'll be time to run food selections by the masses.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • NazoshadowNazoshadow Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Just been lurking around this topic, but I have been reading stuff about "pig roast". I'm not sure how fancy you want your pig roast... but if you want authentic, Pacific Islander pig roast (we call it "lechon") this place is really good. It's pretty cheap and generally feeds 40 people a pig- plus it's not the dry stringy stuff that always seems to happen with other pig roasts- cough-Hawaii-cough- the meat is pretty moist.

Oh and FYI the site's pricing is listed as "whole lechon".

Problem is, you're going to have to find someone to transport the pigs to your destination (they don't do delivery- I don't mind having 3 pigs in my van, but I know a lot of people do mind), and I don't quite follow the restrictions on caterers based off of venue and food permits (I think this place has one, they do a crap ton of catering for the Asian community.) Not to mention you're going to be working with people who have difficulty speaking English (lol). But if you're expecting 120 people and need 3 pigs... it'll end up being $4.75 a person. And if you can find bar services that are $4 a person (this is based off of the Bay Laurel catering price at UW- I don't know what it is outside of campus), then you have $9.25-$11.25 a person to spare on other food. At that point you might as well order giant ala carte trays from catering businesses so you get a variety to make vegans, veggies, and meat-lovers happy.

Keep in mind, I have never been to the past PAX dinners so I am unaware of what the standards are like for food. Just thought I'd throw out some suggestions.

-goes back to lurking-

Nazoshadow on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The dinner will likely not be a pig roast, although I could be wrong. I think the pig roast talk was an aside, because there was a separate pig-roast (and MUCH SMALLER) dinner at PAX East on Wednesday instead of Thursday

The dinner will likely not be a pig roast, although I could be wrong.
    You are not incorrect about this.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    This "Drunken Dungeon" concept is hamazing! Amazing with bacon! Plus it comes from our favorite site!

Drunk Dungeon turns your drink coaster into a game piece, and your party into an adventure

"In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
    edited June 2012
    Things are afoot. Stay tuned Planeteers.

Porkchop sandwiches

Gi Jooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    Eat all the food. Drink all the drink.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Creamsteak wrote: »
    Eat all the food. Drink all the drink.

This is my proposed plan. I feel it has a high probability of success.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
This discussion has been closed.