As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    So, played a Ryze botgame. Auto attack deosn't suck anymore, I can more reliably last hit. The nerf on Q range -hurts- I kept chasing mashing my smartcast at the range I know I should be murdering people, but it's no good. Last change is the Spell Flux being slower, don't like it at all. It reduces some of the burst you get, not off the damage, but the sudden drop in the enemy MR. All in all, for how slow he is,he needed the Q range. Damage was a little lower, but I rushed the Rod, instead of catalyst/tear/boots/rod/Sorc like I usually do.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Ziggs lack of any real CC really hurts him. Ori's ult can be an absolute game changer with certain team comps.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    also also also i'm really rusty at orianna (whiffing ults, bad at harrassing etc) but i think she's overpowered again?
    Ziggs and Xerath still more or less do what she does but better.

Are you sure about that? In a late game teamfight I don't think xerath has anywhere near as much sustained dps. I have no idea how ziggs works, honestly, i never see him

Xerath with blue can Q every second or so, and his ult has a silly-low cooldown.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    also also also i'm really rusty at orianna (whiffing ults, bad at harrassing etc) but i think she's overpowered again?

Are you sure about that? In a late game teamfight I don't think xerath has anywhere near as much sustained dps. I have no idea how ziggs works, honestly, i never see him
    Ziggs' Q is insanely good dps at very long range.
    Xerath dps is pretty great if he's positioning correctly, as well as having regular stuns thrown in, all at long range.

Ori's still good for her ult, but in the dps at long range apartment I'm pretty sure she's worse than those two. Though she does have the shield and team speed buff to make up for it.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    60 seconds, unlikely you would get more than one. that thing hurts though, more than any other ult. maybe not rumbles, but that has a dot portion and no 40% innate magic pen.

Jars on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

If you can aim his Q worth a damn, he's quite good sustained DPS. The big bomb toss is pretty entertaining; sort of like a mini-man drop. Sadly I scarcely see Orianna or Xerath.

• Options
    also my spectate live thing had a nidalee whose summoner name was nidaleeismywaifu

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Oh Imperial Lux is on sale. It's no superb villian but it's good.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    also my spectate live thing had a nidalee whose summoner name was nidaleeismywaifu

He's been in a couple of Studio's daily videos.
    He rushes Warmogs on ADalee.

• Options
    I rush warmog's on ad nidalee

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    Oh Imperial Lux is on sale. It's no superb villian but it's good.

Oh man, when does that run out? I'm away from my machine that has League on it until Friday (which is when Hextech Janna is on sale, apparently. Woohoo!)

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    as do all super pro adalees

death to the triforcers

• Options
    CrovaxanCrovaxan Registered User regular
    Man udyr is freaking strong, but im soo bad at hiim its not even funny. I might end up buying him before leona since i need something other then a carry

1850973-1.png
    Crovax.436 Steam: Crovaxan
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    so, is it just me, or are games more civil with the removal of /all talk?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Joe K wrote: »
    so, is it just me, or are games more civil with the removal of /all talk?

They just look more civil. If you turn it back on, they will look pretty much the same.

Also, re: Vayne
    I take it all back. She's fine.
    Vayne.jpg

Auralynx on
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Crovaxan wrote: »
    Man udyr is freaking strong, but im soo bad at hiim its not even funny. I might end up buying him before leona since i need something other then a carry

Udyr is the most boring champion in the history of ever. Everytime I play him I immediately wonder why I resigned myself to this torture for at least 20 minutes.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Vayne's true damage scales off attack speed, so her getting an AS buff is far more potent than Graves or Caitlyn getting an AS buff.

I think you are also underestimating Nunu's available slows. One ice ball at the right time is a guaranteed kill. Vayne's passive plus bloodboil is an amazing movespeed boost, then throw in her Q and she covers ground very, very fast once bloodboil has a few levels in it.

Caitlyns headshot scales off of AS as well but i understand your point. Nunu is still a good support with Vanye and i wasn't trying to say he was going to ruin the lane, even though looking back that is exactly the wording I used. The point I was trying to make was that Vayne gets less out of Nunu as compared to other champions like Kog and Ashe. Vanye should be getting her damage buff last*, and should be ability weaving [so that she doesn't get much benefit from attack speed until after her combo is run]. Whereas champions who level their damage buff first[Kog/Kennen] and don't ability weave[Ashe] get a larger benefit from Nunu compared to champions that do. Its like saying that Nunu isn't a good pick for Graves. Graves is a lane bully but has a huge AS boost already and so doesn't get as much out of it as compared to what he gets from other supports

*Each extra point in e does more damage than two+ procs of bonus damage from an extra point of w [excepting the first point] even considering that its true damage.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Udyr is the most boring champion in the histo----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axCCAUUnUPU

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

Udyr is the most boring champion in the history of ever. Everytime I play him I immediately wonder why I resigned myself to this torture for at least 20 minutes.

udyr

1) runs fast
    2) punches people in the dick
    3) cannot die

sounds like a recipe for success to me

• Options

udyr

1) runs fast
    3) cannot die

Because you get to be a bird and / or tiger while doing those, too.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular

udyr

1) runs fast
    3) cannot die

The problem is that every single one of his abilities is based around buffing some aspect of himself. This means that you only ever right click on a champ, no skill shots, no dashes, no targetted abilities just right click and pick 2 keys to mash in rapid succession.

• Options

udyr

1) runs fast
    3) cannot die

1) Has four passive abilities.
    2) No ultimate

Sounds like a super boring champion.

I'm not saying he's bad. He's just not interesting to play to me at all. There's nothing to shoot at people or jump up on people or awesome legit "HAH YOU'RE FUCKING DOOMED."

• Options
    if you don't find running really fast, dick punches, and being invincible fun then I guess udyr isn't the guy for you

• Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    I find him really fun to play but it doesn't matter that not everyone likes Udyr because there are many champions to choose from.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options

udyr

1) runs fast
    3) cannot die

1) Has four passive abilities.
    2) No ultimate

Sounds like a super boring champion.

I'm not saying he's bad. He's just not interesting to play to me at all. There's nothing to shoot at people or jump up on people or awesome legit "HAH YOU'RE FUCKING DOOMED."

I crazy hobo roaring at you out of the bush and punching you in the cock says you're fucking doomed to me.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    i think sona's fun to play but i hate playing udyr
    i'm weird

edit: I think it's all the pretty noises and colours

unintentional on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Opposite for me Gary! I dislike her slowness and squishiness.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    i think sona's fun to play but i hate playing udyr
    i'm weird

edit: I think it's all the pretty noises and colours

Sona also has interesting mechanics like Power Chord and her ultimate can change the tide of a battle. She's also not tanky so not dying is difficult.

Udyr just right clicks shit. He gets really tanky in team fights so he doesn't even have to worry about not dying. He just right clicks things all the way to boringtown.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Man, I miss pre-nerf Sona. Making half a carry's lifebar disappear in two hits at level 1 was fun.

• Options
    I admit that a good 75% of the fun with Udyr is flavor.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    hey now, there is a certain charm in bear forming and stunning 3 people in rapid sucession before going back to spamming the other two buttons you picked!

• Options
    I just can't help but smile when I charge out of that bush wearing a burr and punch that poor Ezreal right in the tits.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    udyr is the bravest champion in lol. 6 stack cho'gath? run up and punch him so hard he gets stunned

Jars on
  • Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    hey now, there is a certain charm in bear forming and stunning 3 people in rapid sucession before going back to spamming the other two buttons you picked!

It is all about the double Tiger Proc ambushes and watching someone's life melt, for me. Also the Bear sound effect would give me a boner if animal noises did that. It's really excellent sound design. Nasus' ult noise is pretty good for that too.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Problem with Udyr is he has no whizz or bang.

Q? Makes him hit.
    W? Makes him hit.
    E? Makes him hit.
    R? Makes him hit.

He's good and all, but the only interest you get in watching him is the situations he puts himself in; the player can never make the character do anything super interesting in the same way someone like Lee Sin, Fizz, Ziggs or Blitz players can.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    The best thing about lv20 Teemo is definitely killing the shit out of silly would-be gankers who walk into mushrooms and then PANIC when I run back to shoot them in the face. :D

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    The more people that play Kassadin in Dominion the more I hate everyone on this planet

• Options
    Keysier wrote: »
    The more people that play Kassadin in Dominion the more I hate everyone on this planet

Take yorick and be a cockbag right back.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    It's funny how incredibly angry tier lists makes people.

People are real upset about that Shaco placement. Most of the backlash is coming from people that didn't read the note at the beginning, saying this is based on arranged team play and the pick strength of a champion (meaning how important is it that you get this as your 1st, 2nd, 3rd pick etc.)

I've beeen following the forum and blog threads and is getting pretty amused.

While Shaco can do some things by himself, I don't think a lot of people realise how incredibly dependent he is on the opposing team's mistakes. Less mistakes=less efective Shaco. Which is why we don't see him much in any kind of tourney, I guess.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    FIORA PENTAKILL!
    fTRnK.jpg

The story behind it: Played some in houses this eve, had one unbalanced one where I was Nidalee and lost bad, had a middle game that was hilarious with AD Carry Taric vs. SuperSwain, and then this game. I got a good start between Corcorigan having issues (:-/) and Enigma's ganks, and started to snowball. Towards the end, I ended up being chased by a teemo and Malph in their jungle, right as their teammates show up, so I Tiamat Ulted and wrecked a couple of them, and then mashed the fuck out of W/E along with some quick Qs to pick up the rest, with a bit of help from my team. I ended up using every CD and both summoners and only survivng with like 100-200 HP, but I managed the pentakill.

I really enjoy her ult, just like I used to enjoy Omnislash.

This discussion has been closed.