As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    Varethius wrote: »
    Crap, @Varethius I forgot to report that Brand for the crap he was spamming in all chat.

I had all chat turned off so I didn't see what he was saying! :(
    Only time he talked to me was post-game chat. And he wasn't being rude, just cocky imo :P

Before the game even really started (like while pulling blue) he was shouting out "FUCK YOU [homophobic slur]" in all chat with Yi, then did it a few more times during the game.

well that's just rude

• Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    Crap, @Varethius I forgot to report that Brand for the crap he was spamming in all chat.

Only time he talked to me was post-game chat. And he wasn't being rude, just cocky imo :P

Before the game even really started (like while pulling blue) he was shouting out "FUCK YOU [homophobic slur]" in all chat with Yi, then did it a few more times during the game.

What classy folks you get over in the NA servers :/

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular

well that's just rude

Yi proceeded to ragequit and Brand started shouting OP while I went 28/0/6 as Vayne in about 34 minutes of play

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Not sure how much i'll be able to participate tonight; may be too busy preparing for an impromptu road trip after work tomorrow.

• Options

well that's just rude

Yi proceeded to ragequit and Brand started shouting OP while I went 28/0/6 as Vayne in about 34 minutes of play

No thanks to 'dem TARIC STUNS (hi5).

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Painhouse tonight right? I'll be around for this one I believe.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Eep

well that's just rude

true dat

I tried switching to EU W but my client wanted to download like 300 megs of patches and I was like why so I cancelled for now

basically @kay

what do I do if I want to swap regions

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    You make a new account for that region and carry on as normal. Do you really want to level back up to 30 though? I have accounts in two regions out of necessity and levelling up again almost killed my will to ever play this again.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    What do we think about asking the captains for PAINHOUSES to accept friends invitations so anyone who wants to can watch matches using the shiny new spectate functionality?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    It wouldn't necessarily have to be a captain, just any of the 10 people involved in that game.

I thought Spectator Mode might eliminate the need for people to spectate and stream but then I remembered the players might want to be able to review the games, so if some people could still stream that would be nice.

• Options
    Eep

well that's just rude

true dat

I tried switching to EU W but my client wanted to download like 300 megs of patches and I was like why so I cancelled for now

basically @kay

Its essentiallly just EU versions of the same patches, I have no idea why, but League needs to download them for each region (Best online Technical).

Just bear with it and make an EU:West account and you'll be golden.

• Options
    Rami wrote: »
    You make a new account for that region and carry on as normal. Do you really want to level back up to 30 though? I have accounts in two regions out of necessity and levelling up again almost killed my will to ever play this again.

Nah, not going to level up. Just for watching people, really.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Yes, we're painhousing tonight. 8PM sharp in the channel Painhouse (which is now the player draft channel)
    Drafting will be done in the normal PA channel (got a lot of confusion last week)

Anyone who would like to be a captain, please PM me.
    Please let me know if you'd like to suggest a type of game or format for some of the games.
    While there's no point system yet, I am willing to give imaginary points for demacia vs. noxus matches, all yordle teams and similar.

Doc:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al8wcjKN9tZLdDNkTWdheE4xazFyZ21pMWxwWW0zUkE

• Options
    daemonesdaemones Louisville, KYRegistered User regular
    Painhouse: I'll be there (genrand)

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    I'll try and play this time, but if I don't get picked I'll default to casting again. This time we don't need to kick out casters!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So have we discussed the changes to tower damage in the patch? Anecdotal evidence, but I feel like their damage to players was absolutely hammered. We had a few games last night where people were diving and taking repeated tower hits to no real ill consequences. One game Smaug6 and I were hiding under our bot tower and Soraka, Kog'maw, and Lee Sin (coming from above us, we were purple) just took turns running in and hitting us, eating some hits, then moving out until we were both dead. The tower seemed to provide us no real safety at all.

In another game, Rumble top was completely incapable of farming under his tower because again, he just wasn't safe.

In another, a full team of tanky dps (plus Eve) was basically able to ignore towers altogether and just dive whoever they wanted, whenever they wanted.

I watched a level 10 Udyr solo a level 8 Yi under his tower, taking tower hits for a good 6 seconds and still coming out on top.

I recognize that they wanted to make the game less passive, but it's like I don't really even feel safe under a tower anymore at any phase of the game. Did they go a little too far? Is this just going to require adjusting the way we play? It was just incredibly frustrating last night.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Watoo24Watoo24 Registered User regular
    When did they change towers? as i was having a similar experience of getting dove like crazy. I just assumed the pathetic damage was soraka's armor buff.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Watoo24 wrote: »
    When did they change towers? as i was having a similar experience of getting dove like crazy. I just assumed the pathetic damage was soraka's armor buff.

In Tuesday's patch they lowered towers' base damage and increased their armor penetration and damage to minions - the net result is supposed to be that armor is that minions are roughly unaffected, that armor is less effective against towers, and I can only imagine to increase aggression. The intended or unintended side affect means that if the other team has a tanky jungler you're basically screwed if nobody else on your team can get to you in time (even under level 6 in some cases) even if you're just hiding under your tower. Also HP stacking gets more effective.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    Watoo24 wrote: »

In Tuesday's patch they lowered towers' base damage and increased their armor penetration and damage to minions - the net result is supposed to be that armor is that minions are roughly unaffected, that armor is less effective against towers, and I can only imagine to increase aggression. The intended or unintended side affect means that if the other team has a tanky jungler you're basically screwed if nobody else on your team can get to you in time (even under level 6 in some cases) even if you're just hiding under your tower. Also HP stacking gets more effective.

Yeah I had no idea what was going on those games. To be fair lee-sin could just jump in whack a few times and then jump out. But still, he was only like level 6 with no armor (not sure if he even had a wriggles at that point). I mean, normally a few tower hits would make this strat unsustainable past one dive. Maybe soraka with heals and her armor buff? I have no idea, didn't seem right though.

Also the Udyr v. Yi thing, I didn't see how long he was under the tower, but all Udyr had for armor (aside from runes+masteries) was a wriggles latern. I am not sure how you could take more than like 3 hits at most (before the patch) and survive the tower + champ damage.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Infinite Summoner Glitch/Hack/Thing

It's pretty good

TannerMS on
  • Options
    It's actually an exploit with the new Mastery system where you can have 7 points in the mastery at the bottom of the Utility tree. 7x15=105% reduced cooldown on Summoner spells, hence no cooldown.

I think it's hilarious, honestly, though I expect swift bans for anyone using it.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Not sure how much i'll be able to participate tonight; may be too busy preparing for an impromptu road trip after work tomorrow.

I have other plans myself; since the old document, which is linked, indicates I'm a captain, it seems like I ought to mention that. ;)

• Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Eep

well that's just rude

true dat

basically @kay

Its essentiallly just EU versions of the same patches, I have no idea why, but League needs to download them for each region (Best online Technical).

Just bear with it and make an EU:West account and you'll be golden.

EU, east and West are different servers and locations. connecting to the servers, chat servers and 'ruins and masteries' are all stored on EU servers so you're need to download the code that deals specifically with connecting to those servers. EU-W is a mess from my understanding they use a different server host and stuff goes wrong all the time. So I am sure a lot of that patch has to do with dealing with the nuances of the EU-W Servers.

It's actually an exploit with the new Mastery system where you can have 7 points in the mastery at the bottom of the Utility tree. 7x15=105% reduced cooldown on Summoner spells, hence no cooldown.

I think it's hilarious, honestly, though I expect swift bans for anyone using it.

Yah, riot are aware. They're testing a hotfix now (according to a dev post on reddit). should be deployed soon. Always amusing although not so amusing for those who lost ranked matched I guess they'll get loss forgiven, it seems like the guy is winning games in 5-10 min. So goodness knows how many 'loss forgiven' games riot is going to have to hand out.

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

I have other plans myself; since the old document, which is linked, indicates I'm a captain, it seems like I ought to mention that. ;)

That's the 4/25 tab, I added a 5/3 tab

• Options
    I figure, how amusing would it be (if you were a megatroll) to take Promote and stand at your Nexus and just promote every minion as it spawns. Send 18-21 Promoted minions out every 30 seconds, haha.

Or, alternatively, take Heal and Smite, walk to the enemy Nexus and spam Heal while standing between the two towers Smiting every enemy minion as it spawns.

I don't endorse cheating but it sure is fun to watch. And fantasize about.

• Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    Hrm, if you could put extra points in anything, there is quite a bit of mayhem you could do. 30 points in summoner's wrath would give you 150 ad/ap when ignite is on cooldown and reduce armor/mr by 300 when you exhaust someone. That's an insta kill.

170% armor pen or magic pen.

Yeah, you could do quite a bit that was a LOT more subtle than insta summoners.

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    I figure, how amusing would it be (if you were a megatroll) to take Promote and stand at your Nexus and just promote every minion as it spawns. Send 18-21 Promoted minions out every 30 seconds, haha.

Or, alternatively, take Heal and Smite, walk to the enemy Nexus and spam Heal while standing between the two towers Smiting every enemy minion as it spawns.

I don't endorse cheating but it sure is fun to watch. And fantasize about.

Well you can only promote cannon minions. But if you COULD do that it would be hilarious :D

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    You can only promote Cannon minions. The funniest one-off for me would be to put 10000 points into the +AD mastery. Use an auto-clicker or something. Use Annie, who I think has the slowest missile speed now that Soraka's was boosted. Lvl 1, max range autoattack...slowly...moves....FIRST BLOOD. A turret has been destroyed! A turret has been destroyed! A turret has been destroyed! You are now spawning super minions! Nexus boom! Just imagining the utter confusion would be hilarious.

• Options
    Well, you're still capped at 30 mastery points, so you can't get 10k AD and you can't put 30 points into anything below the first tier.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Never trust the client.

Horrible fucking dev fail.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Infidel wrote: »
    Never trust the client.

Probably because of the changes to masteries being stored server-side now.

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    I think this is where someone is supposed to chime in with

Best Online Technical

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Never trust the client.

Probably, what with the timing and all.

Still a stupid obvious mistake.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    It's be funnier to do that on AD Sion, take Enrage first. Flash around and smite all minions in all lanes

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Wow, that video was hilarious! I've love to be able to play one bot match today before it gets fixed but I doubt that'll happen.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Don't forget the +10 gold per Smite mastery.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Never trust the client.

Possibly. 'Shurlock Holmes'-ing this. Initially in a QandA with Trynd (Riot CEO) he explained they didn't have masteries set as serverside because of the number of accounts (31 million was the last count I saw) with everyone having roughly 9 mastery pages on average is a lot of data to handle. With the server side masteries being added recently you'll probably find that the coding and the data are written in as simple a manner as possible in order to lower the amount of data thats sent serverside. Take the summoner cooldown reduction. Its probably something a long the lines of +%CDR per point and done at a flat rate, rather then a lot of 'if' 'then' and limitation code. Heck its probably a text file thats like 02334500302010002030 (with each number representing a different mastery).

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    Incidentally
    Never trust the client.

Possibly. 'Shurlock Holmes'-ing this. Initially in a QandA with Trynd (Riot CEO) he explained they didn't have masteries set as serverside because of the number of accounts (31 million was the last count I saw) with everyone having roughly 9 mastery pages on average is a lot of data to handle. With the server side masteries being added recently you'll probably find that the coding and the data are written in as simple a manner as possible in order to lower the amount of data thats sent serverside. Take the summoner cooldown reduction. Its probably something a long the lines of +%CDR per point and done at a flat rate, rather then a lot of 'if' 'then' and limitation code. Heck its probably a text file thats like 02334500302010002030 (with each number representing a different mastery).

Incidentally, I wonder how they will handle replays with the storage requirements.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Zyrxil wrote: »
    Incidentally
    Never trust the client.

Incidentally, I wonder how they will handle replays with the storage requirements.

Why wouldn't you make people locally store them?

• Options
    Zyrxil wrote: »
    Incidentally
    Never trust the client.

Probably end up storing on your computer. Much in the same way 'lol replay' works. Will be interesting when its added. I am not sure how big an impact is going to have on player skill though. I might be more inclined to look at my game and go. 'yup, i messed up there' or 'yup I should have been pressuring a lot harder at the creep line there.' although I don't think I take the same seriously enough to do that.

Stored replay will probably be an optional thing.

If they wanted and this is just my thinking in order to keep the masses happy, they may store 'your last game' data on their servers, with the option to save it afterwards (and the chance to save it afterwards even after you leave the post game lobby (because goodness knows how many times I havn't seen the post game lobby).

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
This discussion has been closed.