As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Went 0-2 in ranked. But saw the word *****r at least 10 times.

Go me

A duck! on
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Trus wrote: »
    Why haven't I bought Olaf yet

Because, while fun, he is also p boring

The truly fun part of Olaf is murdering their squishy as soon as a teamfight breaks out. There is absolutely nothing they can do if you time your ult and ghost properly.

Yeah, but I can do that as Riven, Jax, Irelia and have fun in lane too!

I've been loving AP Fizz lately, insta kill basically anyone once you get your Lichbane and no one can stop you because of troll pole

Seriously, have you people tried AP Assassin Fizz?
    Mpen reds, hp/lvl blues, ap/lvl blues, flat ap quints
    21/9/0 masteries.
    W,Q,E then R>E>Q>W
    then murder people with your combo

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    irelia?

fun?

what?

• Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So I really don't know how normal matchmaking works...

All night I was playing with a level 29 that I often duo queue with and we were getting matched up against teams of 1500+ ELO players with 1000+ wins whereas the people on our teams were at most 1300 or unranked with 100-500 wins. I barely hit bronze in matchmaking and this level 29 ONLY plays with me so there's no way he somehow hit 2k ELO in normals or something. We lost something like 10 out of 14 games we played over the course of a few hours and most of those were surrenders at 20.

And not only that, but isn't matchmaking supposed to match people losing with people who are winning to sort of balance it out? Three times I checked lolking we were playing against comps with 3+ players on 6 or 7 game win streaks while everyone on our team had mostly losses in their last 10 games.

What. The. Fuck.

Future Blues on
    Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I've had this experience as well.

I was 15 wins ahead of my losses at the start of the week. I'm now 30 wins behind my losses, most of them have been against teams way above the skill level of my team (and me, because I am terribad)/surrenders at 20.

It's been an aggrivating week.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular

I was 15 wins ahead of my losses at the start of the week. I'm now 30 wins behind my losses, most of them have been against teams way above the skill level of my team (and me, because I am terribad)/surrenders at 20.

Matchmaking seems to be really bad this past week, since that's exactly my experience as well. Finally got an okay, coherent team just a few minutes ago only to get matched up against a four, possibly five-man premade. What the hell, riot?

huntresssig.jpg
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Took first place in the NESL and Dominate Domion tournaments this week. After 7 weeks of taking 2nd place I am feeling really satisfied right now..:)

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Arivia wrote: »

Matchmaking seems to be really bad this past week, since that's exactly my experience as well. Finally got an okay, coherent team just a few minutes ago only to get matched up against a four, possibly five-man premade. What the hell, riot?

End up with an okay team comp the next match only to get a Morg who couldn't even drop w to safely farm when pressured by her lane opponent in renekton. I don't even know what the fuck.

huntresssig.jpg
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Renekton seems like a massive counter to Morgana?

Dancing Bagel
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Took first place in the NESL and Dominate Domion tournaments this week. After 7 weeks of taking 2nd place I am feeling really satisfied right now..:)

Grats dude!

Cutfang wrote: »
    Renekton seems like a massive counter to Morgana?

In a one-on-one fight, sure, she'll have problems. But he's not one of the very few things that can stop Morg from dropping W and going ladeedaa to go back and stand under her tower.

Finally got my fwotd after eight hours of searching for it. GG, Riot.

huntresssig.jpg
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    How are they still having issues with connecting to chat?

This patch, jesus.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    Rami wrote: »

This patch, jesus.

The patch that broke the chats back :(
    Friend of mine made a good point. Riot, we appreciate you giving us an IP boost, but whats the point if we can't even use it?

• StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    Having issues finding matches, waiting 5 + minutes all the time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I realised this patch was hilarious when I started to slide through Ashe ults.

The Ashe didn't find it quite so hilarious.

• Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Varethius wrote: »
    Rami wrote: »

This patch, jesus.

The patch that broke the chats back :(
    Friend of mine made a good point. Riot, we appreciate you giving us an IP boost, but whats the point if we can't even use it?

this patch keeps popping a trade screen right over my masteries/runes. apparently i'm opnjly allowed to play ad carries... i can't change my kit...

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I now have 16k ip

• zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

I had Zil walk through an Ashe ult today. I thought I must be lagging or something.

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    I've had the jungle minions stop attacking me and just stand there and let me kill them. I saw an anivia die and stay an anivia who couldn't move, then turn into an egg and run away. It is a weird patch.

• CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular

That issue has been around for quite a while. I believe it was linked to Ashe being knocked up in the air after casting her ult. Could be anything!

I am honing my nautical skills with the sunken sailor. He seems to fit quite well in every lane and jungler role, although mostly the jungler bit. Still not sure whether to buy a Philo when jungling as he doesn't seem to particularly need it, but I really like Shurelias.

Dancing Bagel
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I have four champions left.

Kog'maw, Ezreal, Volibear and Hecarim

I also have 4k IP

should I save up for Varus or should I buy one of these dudes?

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Kog is p awesome, not going to lie

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    just watched the spectator mode video. that's pretty fantastic.

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Are those guys all 6k still? Varus comes out tues right?

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Are those guys all 6k still? Varus comes out tues right?

yes they are all still 6k

i have been holding back on ez and kog because i feel like they are overpriced and riot should drop the price

instead they drop like

galio :c

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kog is one of the strongest carries. Less so for an uncoordinated team but still strong even then. His range with W allows teams to more easily protect him in team fights, his ultimate allows him to poke without exposing himself and his slow can close chokes and prevent non dash dives. Easily worth 6300 IP

Edit: Oh and he has a good attack speed steroid and his w is the strongest raw damage steroid in the game [late game] though its close depending on how you measure it to Mundo and Sion.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hell yeah Talith, congrats on 1st place. Zis is awesome things.

I have 12.7k IP, saving up for Varus and a new rune page + runes since I still have 10 wins left on my IP boostness.

Prospicience on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I have four champions left.

Kog'maw, Ezreal, Volibear and Hecarim

I also have 4k IP

should I save up for Varus or should I buy one of these dudes?

I almost feel like it's not worth paying for the 6300 IP AD guys because it's a tiny pool and the weekly rotation assures you'll get to play most of them with some regularity.

The above does not apply if you happen to love one of them in particular.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Taric is now my favorite support.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    It's actually pretty silly that most of the good AD carries are 6300 IP. Cait in particular could probably do with a price reduction, considering how she's relatively easy to play.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So I just downloaded this game. Who are the characters worth playing?

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Almost have enough IP for Yorick but I might sit on it and see how Varus is.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

The ones you find fun. What kind of character would you want to play given typical archetypes?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular

The ones you find fun. What kind of character would you want to play given typical archetypes?

I played a few times on my friend's account and I liked being range with Twisted Fate but everyone says he sucks. Who's a good range character?

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    It's actually pretty silly that most of the good AD carries are 6300 IP. Cait in particular could probably do with a price reduction, considering how she's relatively easy to play.

It's criminal that they're charging more than 1350 for her or for Graves. Just criminal. They're both super-easy to play reasonably well; there is a skill ceiling you can aspire to with either, though, so 450 would be a little unfair.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I played a few times on my friend's account and I liked being range with Twisted Fate but everyone says he sucks. Who's a good range character?

Caitlyn and Graves are top tier ranged dps, but they're going to build significantly different than TF. But your friends are full of nonsense. TF might not be top tier but if you like him you can play him just fine without being a burden, especially when you're still leveling up.

He's a fine mid or bot lane champion, but a little tricky for new guys.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    If you're digging TF you might like Fizz as a melee alternative, though he's hard to place on a team right now. Might find Ezreal fun as well.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

If you play Street Fighter (or any fighting game for that matter), it's pretty easy to think of the characters like in that game. Simply put, you are not good enough for your choice of character to matter AT ALL. When you get to higher level play, the matchups and relative character power might matter then, but now they don't! Your decision making and mechanics will just be fucking awful. You'll win games with Eve or Xin'Zhao if you make good decisions and farm farm farm, and you'll lose games as "overpowered" characters if you make terrible decisions (which you will).

My advice for you would be:
    1) Pick someone you find fun!
    2) Don't worry about kills, worry about last hitting minions.
    3) Don't dive towers.
    4) It is almost always better to not die than it is to trade kills.
    5) Buy wards and use them to grant vision for your lane.
    6) Spend money, win game, carry hard.

Granted, step 6 is easier on some characters than others but you can do it with just about anyone if you have a proper enough item build. Also, everyone in the game has a 1.0 AD ratio that's exploitable! Start with TF if you find him fun, and keep playing him until you find someone else more fun.

ChaosHat on
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    I would say always play every single free character on rotation at least once just to see if you like them.

edited April 2012
    Neaden wrote: »
    I would say always play every single free character on rotation at least once just to see if you like them.

Yeah. They're all worth a shot. I find most of the ranged AD champions at least a little fun, and love Graves and Miss Fortune, but I really hate playing Vayne, and am terrible at her. I know this from trying her out when she's free. I even check when she rotates through sometimes just to verify that I still hate her.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

This discussion has been closed.