As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] PAX 2012 registration is DOWN! Back up next week with better hosting!

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    I never received an E-mail, but the chage is pending on my credit card. This sucks.

It took around 20 minutes for my email to come through. Not sure if when the system comes back up it will send your email. Like maybe they are queued up waiting?

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    LelentalLelental Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It's been down for more than a few minutes T_T I want my badge!!!

Lelental on
  • Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Grand Hyatt had registration back in '10, but I'm guessing there's more this year (just guessing, I don't know any more than the page says).

I don't either, but I'd imagine that if had more than registration they'd not list it. Also the list of places just trails off. I am hopeful ;). (Plus we plan on staying in the Hyatt again this year pending cost. I'd be cool to have some stuff right below us.)

• Options
    The_SavesThe_Saves Magistrate of Crazy Town KirklandRegistered User regular
    Nothing quite like hyperventilating at work...

I need this! We need this!

Though I am certain everything will work out nicely.

Ummm...
  • Options
    AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    so sad, died on me as I added it to my cart. QQ

vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    japerryjaperry Registered User regular
    still down. murrrr

7jIDTca.png
  • Options
    MOSFETMOSFET Registered User regular
    Site now reverts to "coming soon"

I am in the fetal position

• Options
    Aaaand they took it down....

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    I never received an E-mail, but the chage is pending on my credit card. This sucks.

It took around 20 minutes for my email to come through. Not sure if when the system comes back up it will send your email. Like maybe they are queued up waiting?

That is good to know. Alleviates some anxiety, but still worried.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    japerry wrote: »
    still down. murrrr

could not be said any better lol

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    JayeEmmJayeEmm New HampShireRegistered User regular
    ....and we wanged it.

• Options
    mikegonzalezmikegonzalez Registered User regular
    It's showing up on the Prime site again, but the actual registration destination is still down.

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."

XBL: ii Mike G ii - PSN: Greddy21 - Steam: notmikegonzalez - Slytherin - Death Eater
  • Options
    RAGE FACE!! Why did they put the links back if it's still down ?!@##I$U@

• Options
    MorvokMorvok Registered User new member
    It crashed as I pressed "Process Payment"...wat do...?

• Options
    Morvok wrote: »
    It crashed as I pressed "Process Payment"...wat do...?

• Options
    Smudge2626Smudge2626 Registered User regular
    Just happened to check the registration site less than half an hour after the tweet went out and it was already down. I'm on edge because I *just* missed getting a BoC in the Woot! Off and feel like everything is going to sell out.

• Options
    It's not like it's going to sell out in one day, right? Right...?

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."

XBL: ii Mike G ii - PSN: Greddy21 - Steam: notmikegonzalez - Slytherin - Death Eater
  • Options
    japerryjaperry Registered User regular
    Well its apparent compusystems doesn't know how to scale... lol. Hopefully PAX didn't pay too much for this registration company... or that they get some of their money back.

7jIDTca.png
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Mmm, delicious registration. Was down for me until about 5 minutes ago. I was able to complete everything with no crashes and printed out my confirmation! Now to wait on the release of the hounds (hotels)!

• Options
    arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Got em! (I think) lol. I have a confirmation email so I assume I got em!

At first it was toying with me not letting me add them to my cart when they were right there!

Anyone know if we are going to have to put individual names to the passes this year due to security and stuff? Something in the email said they would be checking ID's with the credit card info.

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    I just finished registration. But I never closed the registration page and kept clicking on it every few minutes until it worked.

shhh be vewy vewy quiet, you'll scare it away

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    Smudge2626Smudge2626 Registered User regular
    Got my registration through after a few tries. Downloaded the confirmation page and confirmation email was delivered within a few minutes.

• Options
    JamieODJamieOD Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    I just completed registration right this second. Had no disconnection or trouble accessing the site. Just waiting on the e-mail now.

• Options
    The_SavesThe_Saves Magistrate of Crazy Town KirklandRegistered User regular
    Ouch. One of the times the site crashed was when I was proceeding to check out (2 3-day passes). And then about ten minutes later I was able to proceed fully. When everything was working I ordered two passes. All the payment info had said 2 3-day passes. When I open my confirmation it says 4 3-day passes. That's painful. Looks like I'll be giving a couple friends PAX tickets.

But at least I have my own tickets. That's what matters.

Ummm...
  • Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Registration link is down whenever I try and access it..

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Just bought myself 2 tickets for PAX!!!! Wool, me and LewieP's Daddy are coming to PAX!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Some people seem to be getting in, but the site is still giving me a HTTP 500 server error :(

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    And after I found the link I too am now going to PAXPrime!

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular
    Where is the link?

PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I am feeling dubious about a link that doesn't have PAX or Reed anywhere in the URL unless it has been linked from the PAX site itself directly.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    whypick1 wrote: »

Yeah, that's the one I've been refreshing to no avail. Rats.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    For convenience... the reg link is here: http://bit.ly/Prime2012Reg

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    And my 3 day ticket is secured, for the 5th year in a row.

Now, to figure out how to get around my work's PTO blackout on Labor day weekend.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The Geek wrote: »
    I am feeling dubious about a link that doesn't have PAX or Reed anywhere in the URL unless it has been linked from the PAX site itself directly.

I got there by navigating directly from http://prime.paxsite.com.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    DONE!

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Crogoth wrote: »
    wait, do we have to pay to have our tickets mailed to us if we are in the states?

Nope, standard shipping is included in the ticket price.

The Fed-EX option is there for international attendees or people that would otherwise not get their's in time.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    wait, do we have to pay to have our tickets mailed to us if we are in the states?

• Options
    PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    For confirmation, that is the site that I was linked to when I first went to register 30 minutes ago. The site had crashed at that point though, so no registration for me. I can't access the site through the links you guys have provided though, it's just giving me a blank page.

Edit: Try using a different browser if you're having the same problem I was. Opening in firefox was giving me issues. Worked on Chrome

Potatoeman on
This discussion has been closed.