The holiday hangout will go online tomorrow! If there's anything in the regular subforums that you're going to want to access over the holidays, copy it now while it's still accessible.
Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: 'Libertarianism, Anarchism, and Society with Voluntary Self Go...' by CptHamilton

CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
_J_ wrote: »
Darkewolfe wrote: »
Just because it's awesome and relevant, some anarchist graffiti in Cairo:
Spoiler:

You'll also see the slogan ACAB painted all over the place too. Meaning "all cops are bastards." It's popular among anarchists as you might expect.

I do believe we just got "I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a bunny with a pancake on its head"-d.

I wish. We got, like, some kind of ballet vs. hazmat suit scrawl, thing. I'm not really an 'art guy' but I'm not getting the anarchist context here.

Lemme fix that for him.
Spoiler:

Oh, now I get it.

The pancake is The State. The rabbit is our freedom. That drawer is society. The carpet is nature.

It all makes sense now.

No, no, no. The carpet is the State, because it is always underfoot. The bunny is man, who only wishes to run free and whose nature is to be defenseless in the eyes of war because he is noble and fuzzy. Man's claws, meant only for gaining traction, become enmeshed in the fibers of State. Thus the Pancake of Force Monolopization descends, crushing the Ears of Freedom which would, otherwise, naturally stand proud from the noble brow of bunny-Man.

The drawer is representative of the conflict between man's own desire for self-destruction and his biological imperative to procreate, but I'm afraid that the symbolism of the wicker is more than I have time to go into right now.

OptimusZed wrote: »
Jesus, people. This thread is like a running gunbattle with stupid bullets.