As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    The things I learn about guys through [chat] never ceases to amaze me...

I think we just have some weirdos

I have never heard of this crazy testicle cream

it's not a cream, it's a powder

Not to be confused with Bordeaux's Butt Paste.

Or Zim's Crack Cream.

Or DZ Nuts High Viscosity Chamois Cream

or Enzo's Buttonhole Chamois Cream

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1106240_-1___

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    using gold bond is like finding jesus

except you are definitely in heaven

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Tonight is a fraught night, given the Manchester Derby, which is Manchester United playing Manchester City. I got lectured or ranted to quite a few times today, although everyone knew I didn't really give a crap either way.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Haha DZ nuts

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    I would work on a project but it'd take nearly $100,000 for any reasonable sized project just for me, 2-3 years at the least, full time.

What if you worked for free but I gave you stock options like whoa.

Hah people that work for like $20,000 a year and take stock options on a startup are insane.

options yes. Options are for suckers.

Actual stock, well it depends. That can work out very well indeed. But you need to be realistic about what actual chances the company has.

Plus my salary goes up for startups because there's about an 80% chance I'll be looking for work within 1-3 years.

You won't get that out of a start up. Stock yes, higher salaries then the industry average, no.

Problem is startups want breadth instead of depth of knowledge, so their needs and payscales need to represent that.

It's also one of the reasons startups fail. Sucks for them, I guess, they need to convince me to leave my job.

Actually they want both. They will prioritize breath over depth but there is a limit to how shallow your knowledge base is and still be useful. And generally the reasons start ups fail isn't a lack of in house technical knowledge but generally a lack of capital.

Hence the qualifier on my statement.

It's a very tiny reason. Ranking under not enough snacks in the break room.

http://www.squidoo.com/starup_failures

I didn't mean breadth of technical knowledge, I just meant breadth of knowledge in general.

Breadth.

Those aren't breath of knowledge issues. Those are planning and research failures.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Summer vacation locked in. Austin TX. Now I just need to decide on a time between June and July.

you fool!

You will be too busy with babby to hang out with me. I may bestow upon babby a tiny gift to show my fealty though.

oh no I am just saying it is going to be fucking hot

I am sure I will be able to meet for a beer at least

Don't do it castle, by that point he'll be ready kill you and steal your identity just to get a good night's sleep.

<.<

>.>

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Tonight is a fraught night, given the Manchester Derby, which is Manchester United playing Manchester City. I got lectured or ranted to quite a few times today, although everyone knew I didn't really give a crap either way.

Manchester is going to win, they're clearly the better side.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Manchester might outmaneuver them with a bit of luck though.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Europeans are cocksuckers for getting to see the Avengers first. I hope both Manchesters get shin splints

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Europeans are cocksuckers for getting to see the Avengers first. I hope both Manchesters get shin splints

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be several apparent "injuries".

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    I would work on a project but it'd take nearly $100,000 for any reasonable sized project just for me, 2-3 years at the least, full time.

What if you worked for free but I gave you stock options like whoa.

Hah people that work for like $20,000 a year and take stock options on a startup are insane.

options yes. Options are for suckers.

Actual stock, well it depends. That can work out very well indeed. But you need to be realistic about what actual chances the company has.

Plus my salary goes up for startups because there's about an 80% chance I'll be looking for work within 1-3 years.

You won't get that out of a start up. Stock yes, higher salaries then the industry average, no.

Problem is startups want breadth instead of depth of knowledge, so their needs and payscales need to represent that.

It's also one of the reasons startups fail. Sucks for them, I guess, they need to convince me to leave my job.

Actually they want both. They will prioritize breath over depth but there is a limit to how shallow your knowledge base is and still be useful. And generally the reasons start ups fail isn't a lack of in house technical knowledge but generally a lack of capital.

If anyone was hiring based solely on breadth of knowledge and not depth I'd be getting so paid

As it stands people expect you to have more than a survey-level overview of everything

If you can learn quickly there is always a place for that person at a start up. You'll be expected to go from survey level to in depth quickly. It's not something for everyone in a start up, but every start up needs that person who can be given something and master it quickly.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I feel so bad for you poor souls trapped in texas

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Poop.

Pooooooooooooooooooooooop poop poop poop.

Poop.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Do you feel sort of a kindred ache for them nerd? You trapped in the closet, them trapped in Texas, both pretending to be something they're not?

• Options
    Who is this Chester man, why are people so excited about him playing "Sock Her"

europeans apparently are barbaric wife-beaters

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Poop.

Poop.

Not today, sir.

Not today.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Don't worry desc, every bottle is that overpriced here. A bottle of JD is like 25 or 30, and a good bourbon is at least 40 or 50.

Boo

Well, I have a vote in for Hine VSOP if it's available. It has a nice blend of richness and smoothness that I found really approachable. I am not a spirits expert but anything that has two separate. Blocks of flavor sitting side by side in your mouth gets a thumbs down from me. Remy tastes like SYRUPY WARMTH clashing with ALCOHOL. There's no integration of the flavors at all.

Hine is not crazy or high end and it doesn't have any big twist -- just a modest but clear heat and the kinds of gooey apricot-y golden goodness of a straightforward covnav

Sorry, iPhone-vanilla fuckup and had to go back to edit the post

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    So I ended up pre-ordering Diablo 3 after all. I wasn't gonna, but the open beta weekend changed my mind.

I'm tempted to play it single player first because everyone is always in a rush and I like to read/listen to the character dialogue and shit. Any [chat]ters getting D3 that wanna take a more relaxed pace in multi?

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular

Sports guy on the Today programme this morning was talking about it being the most important Manchester Derby since the 60s or something. I honestly couldn't give a shit about any of it. The only Derby I ever worried about was the Old Firm and that was cos I used to live near Ibrox and the traffic was impossible on Old Firm match days.

• Options
    wazilla wrote: »
    Poop.

Poop.

Not today, sir.

Not today.

oh no :(

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular

It ain't so bad. It's more of a gilded cage than anything else, if you've been smart enough to locate yourself along the central texas corridor where all the cities are.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

Do you feel sort of a kindred ache for them nerd? You trapped in the closet, them trapped in Texas, both pretending to be something they're not?

Why does everyone suspect that I'm gay

I once asked my mom "What would you do if I was gay?" then paused for a second and walked off.

I was a mischievous child.

• Options

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    thom can you get on aim?

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

Well, it is a game of two halves and really, the city is the winner on the night

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular

Well, it is a game of two halves and really, the city is the winner on the night

Kebab wrappers, puke and football-related violence are always a winner.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

Sports guy on the Today programme this morning was talking about it being the most important Manchester Derby since the 60s or something. I honestly couldn't give a shit about any of it. The only Derby I ever worried about was the Old Firm and that was cos I used to live near Ibrox and the traffic was impossible on Old Firm match days.

Bob Cesca: Future American

She will never be separated from her cricket.

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    oh damn it

coca cola and chocolate ice cream: two great tastes that don't go together at alllll

Suggestion: Coffee Ice Cream with Shiner Black.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    oh damn it

coca cola and chocolate ice cream: two great tastes that don't go together at alllll

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    oh damn it

Your tongue may be broken.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    oh damn it

coca cola and M&Ms do though.

• Options

You know every line and song in Rent?

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    it's this aftertaste of ultrasweetness that is making me wince

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    PAPA YUCA BATATA HUEVA

yGxvf.png
  • Options

not every line...

• Options
    japan wrote: »

She will never be separated from her cricket.

you gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

That doesn't mean he's... *remembers drama class kids in high school*

welp

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    I have a new Garen build. Bring on the pain, suckers.

• Options
    this is going from a "hurr durr ur gay" joke to mean

stop it

919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.