As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DOSbox problem

chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon.Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
Recently, I bought Syndicate from Good Old Games. Had a standard crash problem. Worked around.

Then, all of the sudden, DOSbox stopped working. Now it boots, but it shows a black screen. Applies to every game I have using DOSbox.

Worked fine until yesterday, and my drivers all seem up to date. Any ideas what's going on?

chiasaur11 on

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Try reinstalling it.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Try reinstalling it.

Tried.

No dice.

The games run, but they won't display graphics, except for a second in switching from fullscreen mode.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Oh, you mean DOSBox works fine until a game starts up? Try changing the rendering option ("output" in the config file) to something else.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Oh, you mean DOSBox works fine until a game starts up? Try changing the rendering option ("output" in the config file) to something else.

That should probably work, thanks.

Will try later.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    let us know if it's fixed.

GOG installs a separate instance of DOSBox for each game, one game crashing shouldn't break all of them. Unless you're running the game files from a central DosBox install.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png