Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Internet RPG Tools] Roll20 is launched! - LIVE PLAYTEST! COME PLAY WITH US RIGHT NOW!

TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Critical Failures
Ok, I got a couple of private messages from people about the platform I am planning to use to launch my latest game. So I figured we needed a thread to talk about online tools and to talk about how awesome Roll20 will be.

Roll20 is a new browser-based online RPG tool system that is going to fix a lot of problems we have with RPGing online. They are currently wrapping up their fundraising campaign on Kickstarter. Here is a clip from their website:
Roll20 wrote:
Roll20 brings pen and paper gaming to the web the right way. Built on a powerful platform of tools, yet elegantly simple, it focuses on enhancing what makes tabletop gaming great: storytelling and camaraderie. It's incredibly easy to get started, and runs right in your web browser, so there's nothing to download or configure.

Here is their product demo video

And they have shittons of dice rolling abilities as well as awesome token tracking and card deck systems. I am excited for it. My groups have tried MapTools, IRC and a multitude of other systems but they seem to bring a host of problems to the table. I am looking forward to testing it here next week. If you want to get it on the Beta of the website, you still have about a day or more to back it at the $25 level.

What tools do you use to handle online RPGing? Do you do only Play by Post? MapTools? IRC meetups?

Talonrazor on
GM of Aftermath: Life After the End of the Future - Post-apocalyptic space opera of Novo Aether.
GM of Pearl City - A group of superheroes form The Beacons.
Player of Arifyn Tok in Kingmakers [D&D 4E]
Player of Kane Fainklyn the Hallow Preest in Crumbling Citadels [D&D 4E]
Player of Torin Magnus in Blackwood [Monsterhearts]
Player of Torin Magnusson in And Justice for All (M&M 3E)