As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Non-Gaming Things to do in Seattle before/during/after PAX

13»

• Options
    UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I should mention that, although I love the outdoors, I'm in terrible shape, and Pilchuck is a pretty easy climb (it's advertised as good for people with small children). Please post if interested, regardless (mostly) of physical fitness.

Edit: It's an easy hike in summer, but there are a couple of spots where there's a high grade, if I remember right, and it is a couple of hours of walking, hike is about 5.4 miles, total vertical is about .5 mile.

Unfettered on
    Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
  • Options
    UnfetteredUnfettered Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I just cannot simple HTML, apparently

Unfettered on
    Hufflepuff DE - HoH - Huffledrunk 4 Lyf!

RIP: uncomfortably hot tire vest

u want destiny raid? We be raidin'! XBL: Unfettered
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    I may be going to Bumbershoot with LewieP's Daddy

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    JensunamiJensunami TacomaRegistered User regular
    RichSoCash wrote: »
    JamieOD wrote: »
    The Mariners Vs Red Sox game on 9/3 sounds like the perfect way to nurse a post-PAX hangover.

I am up for this for sure. If anyone else is, we can coordinate ticket buying and carpooling from the hotel to safeco.

You can be lazy and ride the light rail from the westlake station to the stadium station. Costs about $4 round trip. Much easier than trying to park. Taxi there will cost you about $20 :) I think we are still undecided on the sox game.

• Options
    JensunamiJensunami TacomaRegistered User regular
    Also forgot to mention to bring your DS with you to SafeCo field. Nintendo has a stand where you download a program for the park and can play trivia, chat with other people in the stadium, follow the pitches and scores. You can also order food to be delivered to your seat (including beer) :) I did it at the last game

• Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Tons of great ideas in this thread.

tardcore on
  • Options
    iLarkieiLarkie Registered User regular
    I like shopping and looking at things in the Uwajimaya bookstore in Chinatown, and the waterfront is very nice, I heard they put in a ferris wheel!

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    We're in town on Monday, and I'm hoping to get a carpool up to Cafe Mox/Card Kingdom.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    saveriansaverian Registered User regular
    First PAX, first time to America, first flight outside the country (England) in 8 years and first flight by myself ever. Actually catching my plane in about 12 hours and will be staying till the 6th of September in Seattle. I'm normally terrible with new people but i've promised myself i'd make more of an effort this time and thus was wondering if anybody who was also going to be around (either living in Seattle or visiting for longer than just PAX weekend) was interested in a drink of any kind or if you're feeling especially friendly maybe a trip around somewhere? I've got a few places planned but i was told to just kinda wander around certain areas and discover awesome stuff.

Also yes i do love planning stuff last minute.

• Options
    InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    There is also a University of Washington football game at Century Link Field (south downtown) against San Diego State University at 7:30PM on Saturday September 1st. (I'm a local and a Husky, so I have a heightened interest in this event. Still, I usually don't stray that far from the convention center in middle of PAX... I'm going to try to catch some of it at either Gameworks or Fox Sports Grill, though.)

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • Options
    AlastingepiphanyAlastingepiphany Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    King Tut is currently in downtown Seattle. Hasn't been to America for years and won't be agian for years to come.

Alastingepiphany on
    We are a global network of neurochemical reactions. The self-amplifying cycle of acceptance and acknowledgment, sustained by the daily choices in our interactions, is the chain reaction that will ultimately define our collective ability to overcome imagined differences and look at life in the grand scheme of things.
  • Options
    Nordic BuckeyeNordic Buckeye Denver, CORegistered User new member
    I couldn't get a Saturday pass, so I will instead be taking the ferry up to Friday Harbor for some whale watching. Only $102 for a day trip. Not a bad deal.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I'm sure you all have heard that Bumbershoot is going on at the same weekend, arts and music and whatnot.

But an FYI that they've got an event that a lot of forumers might be interested in: a talk with the writers of Futurama.

http://bumbershoot2012.sched.org/event/aebd29c632e09e0000c668b3cdd37cfc?iframe=no#.UDekf6BR3To

Single-day tickets for Bumbershoot are $40 in advance, $55 at the day of the festival, so if you're interested better hop to it.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Im going to see King Tut and check out the rest of the pacific science center Thursday (tomorrow WOOT!) PM if anyone else is going and interested in going together.

• Options
    emimonsteremimonster Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Going on right now at the Seattle Center (Pacific Science Center/Space needle/EMP museum area):
    http://www.kplu.org/post/why-build-wall-out-jell-o?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=FBKPLU23

Yes, that's a wall of jell-o. They're building it today. Supposed to last 2 weeks. Not sure how it's going to make it.

Pretty new is the Steampunk game store in Edmonds (Just 30 min north up the I5):
    http://otherworldsstore.com/

emimonster on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    iLarkie wrote: »
    I like shopping and looking at things in the Uwajimaya bookstore in Chinatown, and the waterfront is very nice, I heard they put in a ferris wheel!

Yeah. Whenever I do PAX again, I am going to do Chinatown.

• Options
    HeyJoeHeyJoe SeattleRegistered User regular
    Come join me right now at Paddy Coynes in Pier 70 right now lol....

• Options
    sye46sye46 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    if you are into aircrafts.... even just a little bit... you HAVE to visit the Museum Of Flight. You have to drive there or take a bus (METRO Bus #124).

also, grab "the stranger" newspaper from any newspaper vending machine in downtown Seattle (free of course) for excellent ideas for bars/clubs/restaurants/events...etc.

sye46 on
This discussion has been closed.