As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Edinburgh Manor (Mini Phalla) Day 6: Mafia and Princess Victory!

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Narration closed. Just walked in the door from work. Going to eat (a very late) dinner and have narration up. Not as late as last night.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    If, God forbid I die tonight, facetious is probably the serial killer.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Probably.

No but yeah I'm dead as fuck.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    I still have no idea how why your vig didn't work last night. That was 100% completely honest.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Such an awesome night, guys. Wait up for this shit.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    If something goes horribly wrong, akimbo is mafia.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    :)

• Options
    can you tell me if i was your vig target? i'd really like to go to bed

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Edinburgh Manor
    So we meet at last
    Dining Hall
    Day 5

He was a short, slender fellow. So slender, in fact, that he was currently moving from room to room, unnoticed. He had a knack for being in two places at once, it seemed, and he was trying to demonstrate this once again. Unfortunately, the townspeople seemed to have caught on, and they were waiting for him in the next room. The grease man had nowhere to run.

"Did you think we wouldn't figure it out?" someone said, from the back.

He could have sworn he recognized that voice. That thick, buttery drawl. In the next few minutes, as he fought desperately to save himself, he spotted his mates in with the mob. I guess they had no choice, so they joined in and beat Egos until there was nothing left to beat.

He had spent a lot of time these past few days missing his mark. He was becoming discouraged, and he longed for a chance to prove himself to the townspeople. Tonight, it would seem, he'd have that chance. The hypnotist's smile grew more and more as his will wrapped tighter around the man's mind. There was nothing he could do to free himself, locked in a state of paralysis by an expert of psychic manipulation.

021.jpg

He had just finished doing the calculations in his head. He was sure of it, now. He had owned this straight razor for thirteen years. It was nothing special. A Harrison. But it had served him well. And then the wiry fellow returned.

"Oi! Good news," he said. He waited for a response.

"Well? Out with it!"

"The trap is set and they're 'eaded right for it, this time."

"And, did you?"

"Just like you asked!"

The mastermind dismissed the man and went back to studying his razor. The blade gave off a perfect reflection, and he liked to watch as the light played off of it. It was through this reflection that he could see the other townsperson approaching from behind. He was carrying something small. A pen. Or a letter opener. Acting quickly, he spun around and swiped at his attacker, but he afterward stopped short. His free hand was clutching a blade that was lodged deep in his stomach, held by an arm that was attached to the soldier.

"You knew this time would come," he said.

"You are right," sputtered the mastermind. "As did you."

The smile on AkimboLegs's face faded as he slowly slid down the wall, leaving a neat trail of blood behind him. Then. Cayrus suddenly felt a warmth on his chest that quickly spread down his waistcoat. He sat down and felt about with his right hand, terrified by the warm flow of blood that now poured over it. His throat was cut from ear to ear.

020.jpg

The townspeople decided it best to return to the dining hall. Maybe they could find a way to open the doors? Every new night spent in this house just brought more death, and a few of them were beginning to lose their grip.

It was strange to be back in the room where it all started, they thought. Only days ago, there had been so many more of them. Now, only a handful remained. The factory worker walked over to the large fireplace to stoke the flames. Who had been tending this fire for the past five days? He shook the thought from his mind as he poked at the logs with one of the rusted tools hanging nearby, his large, bloodied fists blasted with heat. Great tongues of flame leapt out as he moved bits of charcoal around the pit. What was that smell?

His foot stepped on a tile in front of the fireplace and he heard a familiar mechanical click. The floor underneath him suddenly gave way and toppled him into the flame. The smell of burning flesh and kerosene filled the room, as Langly writhed and screamed in pain.

There was nothing anyone could do to save him.

The Dead:

Egos, the Grease Man. Killed by the townspeople.
    AkimboLegs, the Mastermind. Killed by the Soldier.
    Cayrus, the Soldier. Killed by the Mastermind and his men.
    Langly, the Factory Worker. Killed by a trap.

Figgy on
  • Options
    ooooOOOOOOoooo

WHY COULDNT YOU HAVE TOLD ME

ALL THIS SLEEPINESS

ooooOOOOOOoooo

• Options
    What

what

WHAT.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
  • Options
    Oh yes, PMs should be out.

• Options
    So here's the scoop: I had a one-time self-guard and got attacked by both sides last night. The mafia kill hit but didn't kill me - see the narration that mentions that one more attack would kill the person. Cayrus also targeted me, but for some reason it didn't work. I still have NO IDEA why not.

Both sides think I'm the SK because I survived their attacks, and it seemed pointless to try to defend myself. I was 1000000% sure I was dead tonight, so I decided to play along and see what info I could pick up on the incredibly unlikely chance I survived, because my only network link (Cayrus) was actively trying to kill me. Also to amuse myself, admittedly, which is nice because I didn't actually really learn anything, just some stuff to build on hunches I already had.

I still think The Anonymous is either mafia or the SK.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    So here's the scoop: I had a one-time self-guard and got attacked by both sides last night. The mafia kill hit but didn't kill me - see the narration that mentions that one more attack would kill the person. Cayrus also targeted me, but for some reason it didn't work. I still have NO IDEA why not.

Both sides think I'm the SK because I survived their attacks, and it seemed pointless to try to defend myself. I was 1000000% sure I was dead tonight, so I decided to play along and see what info I could pick up on the incredibly unlikely chance I survived, because my only network link (Cayrus) was actively trying to kill me. Also to amuse myself, admittedly, which is nice because I didn't actually really learn anything, just some stuff to build on hunches I already had.
    SIR HENRY FRANCIS CHRISTIAN SLATER

I am truly convinced that after you told Cayrus that you were a self-guard
    (you DID contact him after he proved himself as a vig, correct?) he then
    proceeded to try and vig you, !facetious. Truly madly deeply.
    Everything is dangerous here, maybe except for The Children's Room.
    Only the truly villainous would booby trap a teddy bear.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    I didn't tell him about the self-guard because I figured it'd be suspicious.

Which shockingly has turned out to be true. :P

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    facetious man, you're cool and all, but the whole "I survived a vig and I don't know how!" just ain't gonna fly.

That, and Cayrus wanted you gone today, soooooo

• Options
    Like, okay, I'm totally dead. That's granted.

But that is literally the absolute truth.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Like, okay, I'm totally dead. That's granted.

But that is literally the absolute truth.

So you are village with a self-guard and nothing else?

That makes no sense.

• Options
    I'm technically a villager, but I do have a special win condition whereby if the SK and I are the last two alive, we both win. I don't know who it is (or if he knows who I am, for that matter - I suspect he does, but it was never stated explicitly), but the role is basically that I kept the house in order for him and so I'm the only one he's willing to let gain ownership of the estate. There are perks to being a loyal gardener, I guess. (like getting to go to the Grey Havens! Ahem.)

I got his protection from death that one time, but any further attacks will kill me. I'm not even sure if the guard was latent or if he had to choose which night to protect me, so I wasn't even sure it'd ever come up.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    I'm technically a villager, but I do have a special win condition whereby if the SK and I are the last two alive, we both win. I don't know who it is (or if he knows who I am, for that matter - I suspect he does, but it was never stated explicitly), but the role is basically that I kept the house in order for him and so I'm the only one he's willing to let gain ownership of the estate. There are perks to being a loyal gardener, I guess. (like getting to go to the Grey Havens! Ahem.)

I got his protection from death that one time, but any further attacks will kill me. I'm not even sure if the guard was latent or if he had to choose which night to protect me, so I wasn't even sure it'd ever come up.

Then you aren't a villager. You are part of an SK team.

• Options
    I think there's room for nuance in the world.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Then you aren't a villager. You are part of an SK team.
    That, and the only way to test your claim would be to create a 1v1 situation...which is an SK victory either way. So please, explain how an SK victory benefits the village.

• Options
    I think there's room for nuance in the world.
    Pity there isn't room for you in the world. :rotate:

• Options
    The way I look at it is that it doesn't even matter, I'm playing it strictly as a villager because it wouldn't even matter until the very end. And even then, it'd still be easier for me to just get a standard village win, I just see that as a very unlikely outcome that, if it ended up occurring, would be a kinda cool bonus for me. And it's not fair to call it a team when I don't even know who it is. :P

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Wait. So you have two possible win cons?

Win with the village or win with the SK? That is odd.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    He's got to be lying. If I understand it, his claim is that he's immune to non-vote attacks (like, say, a ghost might be) and can win with the SK (like, say, the SK could). Yeeeaaahhh....

!facetious

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    facetious, you should have claimed the bus driver must have helped you. It's believable and you would have seen the next day.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I didnt use my ghost post yet, So I just wanted to say:
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Jdarksun is voting for me because of a grudge.

AkimboLegs is coatailing because he is a mafioso.

And lets all go to the Attic lets all go to the attic, lets all go to the attic and get ourselves a snack! :whistle:
    Figgy wrote: »
    AkimboLegs, the Mastermind. Killed by the Soldier.

I

FUCKING

TOLD

YOU

SO!

o0o0o0o0o pip pip and all that!

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    oooooooOOOOOOooooooo

It was an honor being your network head. Good luck guys!

OOOOOooooooooOOOOO

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    Okay look, we all know I'm the SK but I got RIDICULOUSLY unlucky. :P

I honestly have no idea what happened with Cayrus's kill. I literally did not even know he had attacked me, and that lack of knowledge made the plan I formulated completely ineffectual and indeed only made it more obvious to concerned parties that was the SK. You see, when Langly voted for me yesterday, it "confirmed" my (genuine) suspicions that he was mafia - it was clear to me by his vote that he at least suspected I was the SK, and I thought that only the mafia would have that knowledge. So I contacted him with a pretty obvious gambit to try to get the mafia to ignore me for the time being.

When I found out that he was in the village network and wondered why Cayrus's kill hadn't worked, I was completely astonished. And completely fucked. I basically confirmed myself to him by contacting him at all, even though I tried valiantly to spin it. I'd thought that if the mafia knew I was the SK, at least I could work with that somehow - they might want to either ignore me and/or get my help to take out village specials, OR I might be able to somehoe maneuver my way into the network to get some kind of guard. Or even, the network might use me as the "disposable" end of a busdrive, and then the mafia's kill on me would deflect onto one of them. Point being, I had options. But when I found out that BOTH sides had tried to kill me and wondered why I'd survived, I knew that a large chunk of the remaining voters 'knew' I was the SK, in addition to probably being a target of at least one of their kills (which I'm still amazed wasn't the case, but anyway). At this point, now that the roleblock has my name I'm completely out of the game, so whatever. You might actually be better off shifting the vote and going after a mafia, but since I have zero chance of actually winning it's moot to me.

Oh well. C'est la mort. (Get it?)

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    So at least the ghost is honest, right? That's good.

And I guess we haven't been to the Children's Room yet. Maybe there's an achievement for exploring all of the rooms.

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Facetious I thought you were just a nice old man. Instead you're a creepy beneficiary!

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular

Sportz are you truly the Prettiest Princess?
    Or was Tayrun lying through his rotten teeth?
    One can only wonder. About the princess thing,
    the rotting teeth can be seen clear as day.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    B:L wrote: »

Sportz are you truly the Prettiest Princess?
    Or was Tayrun lying through his rotten teeth?
    One can only wonder. About the princess thing,
    the rotting teeth can be seen clear as day.

My brother had the finest medicinal care in all the land. And halitosis.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    Facetious

And I say we go back to the attic

• Options
    Does anyone have a list with all the players that are still alive?

• Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    It is the clear the current wagon is full of steam but I think The_Anonymous is bad.

• Options
    I'm not sure, dear peasants and lesser beings, but it seems wiser to remain settled in the Dining Room. I fear that the villians in our story would be filthy enough to booby trap a stuff animal!

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    Might not be back for vote close, so I'll throw in my vote for the Children's Room in case of shenanigans