As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Oh, [chat] is a place on Earth.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Oh hey!

I just realized I could skip the final today and still get a B in the class (it's non-cumulative and he drops the lowest exam because this class is softball as fuck).

So that takes a lot of the burden off my shoulders.

I dunno man, weren't you bitten in the ass by such things before? Wouldn't it be safer to take the test anyway, even if you get a shitty score?

Oh, I'm still taking the test.

I just am incredibly less afraid of failing it.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Why would you write a book called The Mongoliad?

That's like calling it The Retord.

Thanatos wrote: »

As a part Mongolian I find this incredibly offensive.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

*Hastily re-titles creative writing thesis*

Lh96QHG.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I love 4X

But I am the turtliest of turtles after my initial expansion rush.

Every game I play the same: Scout like mad, rush the best spots to build, do just enough to defend borders while I try (and almost always succeed) to tech and economy ahead. Then in the final 10% decide how I want to win.

I know the best way to play Civ IV, for instance, is to tech to iron and take out your nearest neighbour that doesn't have it with a load of axemen. But I almost never do it. Gotta have those settlers and workers, get that ocean/river spot near the luxury resource.

Also I love the first phase the most by far. Once I'm actually managing an entire empire it gets a bit tedious.

If I could, I would design a game that is much like Civ V early turns with raging and teching barbarians, a large map where big parts of the map are not settleable and many 'goody huts' and loot that is more random, and can be bad.
    The Civ IV mod RifE plays a bit like that, except that it has insane balance issues and the AI can't handle the difficulty and fails at economy.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Pony, your concerns about Whedon and the Avengers are misplaced. There characterization is consistant with the previous films. Cap didn't suddenly become a smart ass teenager for instance. Black Widow doesn't pull off any waif-fu execpt was she would in the comic. And she isn't horribly abused to make some weird feminist point.

None of his normal sins are in the film.

this is heartening to hear, thom

i'll probably still pass on seeing it theatrically, but that's good to know

Jacob and I both loved it. And while the trailers didn't do a lot for me, the film was much better.

No emo, lots of organic fight seqences, and a sense of scale. It's worth a look on the big screen.

ehhhhhh

i think i'll still pass

i'm pretty sure the theater here only has it in 3D and i'm done endorsing that garbage

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Pony, your concerns about Whedon and the Avengers are misplaced. There characterization is consistant with the previous films. Cap didn't suddenly become a smart ass teenager for instance. Black Widow doesn't pull off any waif-fu execpt was she would in the comic. And she isn't horribly abused to make some weird feminist point.

Jacob and I both loved it. And while the trailers didn't do a lot for me, the film was much better.

No emo, lots of organic fight seqences, and a sense of scale. It's worth a look on the big screen.

ehhhhhh

i think i'll still pass

i'm pretty sure the theater here only has it in 3D and i'm done endorsing that garbage

I will admit 3D does not add anything to the film. Thank god for the solid script.

Meanwhile, I approve of Tube's latest action in the Awesome Forum.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Oh hey!

I just realized I could skip the final today and still get a B in the class (it's non-cumulative and he drops the lowest exam because this class is softball as fuck).

I dunno man, weren't you bitten in the ass by such things before? Wouldn't it be safer to take the test anyway, even if you get a shitty score?

Seriously. Take the damn test and stop half-assing just because you can. Learn to put the extra effort in now before you are forced to do it at a crucial juncture.

Edit: you learned your lesson. <3<3<3

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    haha, smash mouth's walking on the sun

geeeeez

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

ehhhhhh

i think i'll still pass

Oh god, really?

*doubles the amount of money he'll bring to the theatre*

Goddamn it.

Oh hey!

Seriously. Take the damn test and stop half-assing just because you can. Learn to put the extra effort in now before you are forced to do it at a crucial juncture.

What the fuck

I never said I wasn't taking the test or that I was half-assing it

I'm just glad that I'm not in danger of failing anymore

Oh hey!

Oh, I'm still taking the test.

I just am incredibly less afraid of failing it.

Alrighty then. Good luck anyway!

The Earth needs to continue tilting so that the sun stops rising in my bedroom. The novelty has started to ... wear a bit thin.

Oh hey!

What the fuck

Felt bad. Made an edit. Was worried you were losing motivation. Want you to succeed with flying colors. Was too blunt.

steam_sig.png
    Sarks that Endless Space game looks really cool

Oh hey!

What the fuck

Felt bad. Made an edit. Was worried you were losing motivation. Want you to succeed with flying colors. Was too blunt.

I appreciate it, sorry for getting pissed, just kind of edgy with all the pressure right at the close here.

It's cool man. Thumbs up.

steam_sig.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So I have my music studio back up and running for the MOST part in software.

I'll tackle the hardware shit later - It's just fun to hear my projects again and try to remember where my head was two years ago.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    that arma2 zombie mod looks effing rad

why hasnt anyone made that game until now

919UOwT.png
    Today's PA is pretty great.

i-9t8rbg7-X3.jpg

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    That is Monday's, chu

Toronto meet-up tomorrow!

I am excited. I am also baking cookies.

Do not tell anyone, for they may come out shitty, and then I'll have to destroy them and pretend like I never intended to bake cookies.

i wasn't posting that as a response to winky

i was just reading the last few panels i hadn't seen and that one made me laugh

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    morning chat.

I am awake!

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    4.5 hours of sleep: INSUFFICIENT

TL DR on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    it's kind of weird how dramatically Gabe changed the art style in such a short period of time.

You can online with your friends...

or your enemies.

hahahahahahahahahahahah

2012-05-04-Suitable-Outcome.jpg

Organichu wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahahahah

2012-05-04-Suitable-Outcome.jpg

He actually consulted with the Webcomics thread in SE++ to make that one.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The problem with 4x games is that their scope is appealing but 80% of the actual gameplay and thus time spent with the game is fucking dreadful meaningless tedium. You only rarely get the chance to do something exciting or fun; they are mostly bureaucracy and administration simulations.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Happy Cinco de Mayo, [chat]!

As the old Mexican saying goes, sometimes you gotta Live Más.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpS9A-LPYqk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y6Ut2akPo0

emnmnme on
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    The problem with 4x games is that their scope is appealing but 80% of the actual gameplay and thus time spent with the game is fucking dreadful meaningless tedium. You only rarely get the chance to do something exciting or fun; they are mostly bureaucracy and administration simulations.

Interspersed with lovely bouts of genocide.

at least, that's how I play them.

(and by them I mean pretty much just Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri)

sig.gif
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Happy Cinco de Mayo, [chat]!

As the old Mexican saying goes, sometimes you gotta Live Más.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpS9A-LPYqk
    You know "Cinco" means "five," right, em?

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

OH GOD I have an extra day! YES!

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    man

i wish there was a mac version of arma2

i want to play day z so bad holy crap

i might just have to install bootcamp and all of that so i can play that game

919UOwT.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

OH GOD I have an extra day! YES!

This made me giggle... so much.

<3

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Still not too old to do midnight showing.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    preeetty sure it's quattro de mayo

Two of the gestalt guys had to drop out, so I've recklessly volunteered to DM my very first game to ease the survivors into the Gestalt Mindset.

This discussion has been closed.