As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh, [chat] is a place on Earth.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Spiderman isn't a mutant.

yeah

he had that whole radioactive spider thing

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    okay here's what you need to know about the marvel universe

I'd fuck Chris Evans as Captain America until his legs fell off, and I'd mount a giant hamster bottle on the wall to make sure I didn't dehydrate him into a dessicated husk from all the fluids he'd be losing

I guess I'd make kisses with Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man

that is all

And yet apparently you wouldn't go anywhere near Samuel L. Jackson. Racist.

maybe i think he's TOO GOOD for me and i'm intimidated, you fucking ableist

More believable if you didn't have a big "White Power" sign on the wall behind you.

i am dedicating at least four pages of my sketcbook to images of you on fire

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    There's a few mutants who also have superpowers or upgrades from other shit, which makes things even more confusing.

Wolverine is a mutant, whose natural superpowers include enhanced senses, his healing factor, and claws made of bone that come out of his hands. However, he's had his skeleton laced with adamantium via technology and had a bunch of fucked up knowledge and combat skills programmed in there as part of Weapon X, so he's also kind of a cyborg? Kinda.

And then you have guys that, despite being longtime associated foes of the X-Men, are not (in the original, mainstream comic continuity) mutants but gained their powers through other means.

Juggernaut, for example, is not a mutant. He gets his powers from a magical gemstone that is linked to a cosmic entity. Mr. Sinister is also not a mutant, he's a mutate who was turned into what he is by Apocalypse, who is also a mutant but more importantly has been augmented to nearly godlike power via technology he discovered in ancient Egypt left behind by cosmic beings who had fucked around on Earth thousands of years ago.

And then you have a whole class of hero whose powerset is "Learned hand to hand combat from Captain America".

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

I'd fuck Chris Evans as Captain America until his legs fell off, and I'd mount a giant hamster bottle on the wall to make sure I didn't dehydrate him into a dessicated husk from all the fluids he'd be losing

that is all

Favouring Captain America over Iron Man is why men complain that women are illogical, unfathomable creatures.

bros get chicks
    brains get money

nobody happy

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    now my shirt has bleach stains and my hands smell like bleach.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    It's simple. Mutant is a proper noun in Marvel.

Spiderman has mutated genes.

Spiderman is not a Mutant.

Spider-Man is a mutant. Spider-Man is not a Mutant.

nope

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I like MC Chris's theme songs for the various Smodcasts

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

that is all

Favouring Captain America over Iron Man is why men complain that women are illogical, unfathomable creatures.

I'd much rather shag RDJ than Chris Evans. Jackson is pretty hot also.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    This Twilight Struggle game is really neat but man it is a lot to take in at once.

One player plays the USSR one player plays the USA and you play through the Cold War. The game is VERY rooted in history. The gameplay is mostly driven by a deck of 110 cards. The catch is that each of these 110 cards is unique and based in historical events (the soviets can play De Gaulle Leads France for example, to gain influence in France and remove the effects of NATO from France). Which is super neat! But also holy god so much to take in at once.

Have you ever played 1960: The Making Of The President?

No. I hear it is similar though. Yeah?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Redneck Iron Man would play Skynard instead of AC/DC

He would be a poor, deep-southern mechanic.

He would build a suit out of car parts and broken washing machines in order to fight social injustice.

He would paint a big confederate flag on it.

He would be known as "Iron Mang".

Where on his mechanical suit would he hang the Truck Nutz?

• Options
    They should do a Steampunk Marvel Arch kinda like Zombies only steampunk.

Iron Man all steamy with gears

Spiderman has big old geary webshooters

Thor has a Hammer with a giant gear on it

Professor X has goggles with gears glued on and a steam-powered hoverwheelchair.

All their powers come from manipulating aether.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bogart wrote: »

Ngggghhhhhh Arghhhgghghgghhg brain shutting down from horror.

Come on, it couldn't be any worse the Ruins.

I think Warren Ellis has disowned Ruins.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So is Daredevil a mutant? (I don't really know his origin)

Ludious on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

pony would buy every issue i bet

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Redneck Iron Man would play Skynard instead of AC/DC

He would be a poor, deep-southern mechanic.

He would build a suit out of car parts and broken washing machines in order to fight social injustice.

He would paint a big confederate flag on it.

He would be known as "Iron Mang".

*spits coffee everywhere*

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

His origin is being really blind.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

that is all

More believable if you didn't have a big "White Power" sign on the wall behind you.

Will there be two pages of me sinking baskets before hand?

Alternate not old person joke:

But I don't own a guitar...

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Remember when [chat] complained about how nerdy the discussion of space ship sizes in Star Trek was?

Yeah.

Comics are acceptable nerd bait here. Count how many people have comic av/sig combos.

Tempted to go back to my colossus and Kitty sig. But might instead make one with the Hulk or Cyclops being a dick.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    In undergrad I wrote a redneck parody of Dr Who called Doctor What for our annual radio play.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

nope

mutate, like spider-man and the hulk

daredevil got sprayed with fucked up chemicals when he was a kid due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time

it blinded him, but also gave him superhuman senses

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Based mostly on how my dad mocked me when I watched Dr Who in high school.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

that is all

Will there be two pages of me sinking baskets before hand?

Alternate not old person joke:

But I don't own a guitar...

what the fuck is this shit, reader's digest?

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    tbh a lot of super heroes are pretty dumb or have really terrible powers

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    There's a few mutants who also have superpowers or upgrades from other shit, which makes things even more confusing.

Wolverine is a mutant, whose natural superpowers include enhanced senses, his healing factor, and claws made of bone that come out of his hands. However, he's had his skeleton laced with adamantium via technology and had a bunch of fucked up knowledge and combat skills programmed in there as part of Weapon X, so he's also kind of a cyborg? Kinda.

And then you have guys that, despite being longtime associated foes of the X-Men, are not (in the original, mainstream comic continuity) mutants but gained their powers through other means.

Juggernaut, for example, is not a mutant. He gets his powers from a magical gemstone that is linked to a cosmic entity. Mr. Sinister is also not a mutant, he's a mutate who was turned into what he is by Apocalypse, who is also a mutant but more importantly has been augmented to nearly godlike power via technology he discovered in ancient Egypt left behind by cosmic beings who had fucked around on Earth thousands of years ago.

And then you have a whole class of hero whose powerset is "Learned hand to hand combat from Captain America".

Hawkeye is the best non powered hero. He is just so cool. His powers are a bow and arrow and a cocky fucking grin and he is right there slugging it out side by side with Thor and whoever.

• Options

Nah he's just a blind guy

apparently that's a superpower

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    So do they make like Daredevil audio books?

• Options
    They added a Spectator feature to League of Legends.

It's kind of terrifying because people can watch you without you knowing.

I have totally gotten whispers about whiffed ults and fuckups. D:

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    tbh a lot of super heroes are pretty dumb or have really terrible powers

Is this where we get to talk about The Tick?

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Remember when [chat] complained about how nerdy the discussion of space ship sizes in Star Trek was?

Yeah.

Comics are acceptable nerd bait here. Count how many people have comic av/sig combos.

Tempted to go back to my colossus and Kitty sig. But might instead make one with the Hulk or Cyclops being a dick.

If Star Trek isn't acceptable nerd bait here you're all worse than Hitler.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    @desc: that's fantastic. The V.A.S.T. synthesis engine is so fucking powerful. I've fooled around with it before and it's just mindblowing how extensive and deep the possibilities are. You could spend years programming it and still have plenty of room to explore.

They are, in a word, vast.

So it was an electronic music class taught by a late 90s Mac computer type of guy

So everyone in the lab was either trying to write moody hip hop bangers or else they were part of this all in black industrial boy clique

We shared the cassette deck between three keyboards so as you switched channels it would go from "boom bap Boombap *gangster slide whistle*" to black lipstick pumping club industrial and then over to my channel which was clanking noises that I had pitched down an octave and rumbling bass noises

I never met a sound I wasn't ready to pitch down and low pass filter then

• Options

Blind but got hit by some toxic waste I think.

My dad would know. He is a big daredevil fan.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    What if black spiderman gets sickle cell anemia

and it attacks his mutate genes

and get the beetus

and has to carry snacks and juice boxes with him under his tights

• Options

Hawkeye is the best non powered hero. He is just so cool. His powers are a bow and arrow and a cocky fucking grin and he is right there slugging it out side by side with Thor and whoever.

I'm assuming that you're counting "lots of money" as a superpower here.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I feel like I did last year

when I had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »

Nah he's just a blind guy

apparently that's a superpower

the stuff that blinded him gave him superpowers

it was some weird chemical that i don't think ever came up again

that was how things went in the 70's in comics

people got powers literally by freak accidents

• Options
    They added a Spectator feature to League of Legends.

It's kind of terrifying because people can watch you without you knowing.

I have totally gotten whispers about whiffed ults and fuckups. D:

No Cass you just have it in schizophrenic mode.

• Options
    Lots of money is the best superpower

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

That's Batman's super power.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Yeah.

If Star Trek isn't acceptable nerd bait here you're all worse than Hitler.

Star Trek is fine. But discussing ship sizes is a bit beyond most.

I own Jackal's ships of the fleet 1-3. So much geeky info.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »

That's Batman's super power.

Right, and Ironman's.

This discussion has been closed.