Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Right Wing Terrorist Watch: Making Martyrs Of Toddlers Edition

AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
Right wing terrorist JT Ready kills family and self (including an 18 month toddler) in an attempt to create martyrs to provoke violence on the Arizona border:

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/05/jt_ready_arizona_massacre_border.php

You know what? I'm tired of these guys being called lone wackos. They are terrorists, plain and simple, and it's time they were referred to as such.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
Spoiler:
«1

Posts

  • HacksawHacksaw J Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    White supremacist.

    Can we please just forcibly eject Arizona from the union? We'd be so much better off without it.

  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    Right wing terrorist JT Ready kills family and self (including an 18 month toddler) in an attempt to create martyrs to provoke violence on the Arizona border:

    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/05/jt_ready_arizona_massacre_border.php

    You know what? I'm tired of these guys being called lone wackos. They are terrorists, plain and simple, and it's time they were referred to as such.

    Didn't that Norwegian mass murderer just say that no one would try to say he was crazy if he was a fundamentalist Muslim terrorist? It is a bit odd that whenever a fundamentalist Muslim suicide bomber pulls this shit they're religious fanatics, but when it's a white guy - "oh he's just crazy!"

  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    White supremacist.

    Can we please just forcibly eject Arizona from the union? We'd be so much better off without it.
    Well, we settled the right of secession fight. Time to take on the right of expulsion!

    Tired of getting reamed by Gamestop? Sign up for Goozex!
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    This type of stuff is why I try not to follow the news too closely these days.

  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    It's a pretty solid fixture of any terrorist attack for some group to brush them off as lone nuts, and some other group to claim they're indicative of a larger movement.

  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Right wing terrorist JT Ready kills family and self (including an 18 month toddler) in an attempt to create martyrs to provoke violence on the Arizona border:

    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/05/jt_ready_arizona_massacre_border.php

    You know what? I'm tired of these guys being called lone wackos. They are terrorists, plain and simple, and it's time they were referred to as such.

    I was expecting a quick report of a tragic shooting at the hands of a douche bag, but the story goes on, and on, and on, and it gets worse the further down I go.

  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Right wing terrorist JT Ready kills family and self (including an 18 month toddler) in an attempt to create martyrs to provoke violence on the Arizona border:

    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/05/jt_ready_arizona_massacre_border.php

    You know what? I'm tired of these guys being called lone wackos. They are terrorists, plain and simple, and it's time they were referred to as such.

    I was expecting a quick report of a tragic shooting at the hands of a douche bag, but the story goes on, and on, and on, and it gets worse the further down I go.

    It's racist assholes all the way down, sadly.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Normally I'd have no problems with joking about how problematic individuals like that guy have a way of taking care of themselves, but I must admit that typing that sentence made me feel kind of bad. Must be getting soft.

    Jesus fuck, Arizona.

  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Right wing terrorist JT Ready kills family and self (including an 18 month toddler) in an attempt to create martyrs to provoke violence on the Arizona border:

    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/05/jt_ready_arizona_massacre_border.php

    You know what? I'm tired of these guys being called lone wackos. They are terrorists, plain and simple, and it's time they were referred to as such.

    Didn't that Norwegian mass murderer just say that no one would try to say he was crazy if he was a fundamentalist Muslim terrorist? It is a bit odd that whenever a fundamentalist Muslim suicide bomber pulls this shit they're religious fanatics, but when it's a white guy - "oh he's just crazy!"

    Non whites are a hive mind.

    White people are individuals.

    QlBGc.jpg
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Mass murder: the only solution to problems that don't actually exist.


    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
  • DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    In the years since then, Ready had a falling out with the Republican Party over his increasingly extremist views and was disavowed by several politicians he once counted on, including Pearce.

    From the article. You know you are batshit insane when the far right batshit insane wing of the republican party wants nothing to do with you.

    If I was kidnapped, woke up in a lab, told they were going to replace my vocal cords with those of Tony Jay, and lock me in a sound booth until the day I die I would look those bastards right in the eye and say "Alright you sons of bitches lets do this. This one is for the children."
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I hope they find the individual who posted the information to facebook after the fact so they can hang conspiracy around his neck.

    steam_sig.png
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I hope they find the individual who posted the information to facebook after the fact so they can hang conspiracy around his neck.

    The impression I got from the article was that he posted that message himself, then proceeded to shoot his family. Or rather, his girlfriend and her family, I guess.


    Boy, Alex Jones's 'analysis' of this murder should be interesting.

    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
  • JokermanJokerman Love is careless in its choosing. Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I hope they find the individual who posted the information to facebook after the fact so they can hang conspiracy around his neck.

    The impression I got from the article was that he posted that message himself, then proceeded to shoot his family. Or rather, his girlfriend and her family, I guess.


    Boy, Alex Jones's 'analysis' of this murder should be interesting.

    if by interesting, you mean terrible and spirit breaking.

    Chanus wrote: »
    the best asians are white people
    My blog about Beer!
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    This dude showed up to support Occupy Phoenix... there's video of him there.

    No idea just how much he affiliated himself with the Occupy movement, but at best it's another example of how lunatics will glom onto any popular movement to get their own lunacy a wider audience.

  • BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    I noticed the bullshit a while ago. A white guy shot up an army base, and all the focus was on his being a muslim. That same day, a catholic shot up... I think another army base, and the focus was on him being hispanic.

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Can we compromise and just call him a Nazi? I mean, he literally was one and I think that that still ranks worse then terrorist to most people.

  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt Damn you, eidetic memory! Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Right wing terrorist JT Ready kills family and self (including an 18 month toddler) in an attempt to create martyrs to provoke violence on the Arizona border:

    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/05/jt_ready_arizona_massacre_border.php

    You know what? I'm tired of these guys being called lone wackos. They are terrorists, plain and simple, and it's time they were referred to as such.

    Didn't that Norwegian mass murderer just say that no one would try to say he was crazy if he was a fundamentalist Muslim terrorist? It is a bit odd that whenever a fundamentalist Muslim suicide bomber pulls this shit they're religious fanatics, but when it's a white guy - "oh he's just crazy!"
    Except in Norway, the maximum criminal sentence is about twenty years. They don't do 'life' over there. Whereas if he's crazy, then they can keep him locked up as long as the state can successfully argue he's still nuts.

    Origin ID: Null_Cypher
    Thomas-Vail.png
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    White supremacist.

    Can we please just forcibly eject Arizona from the union? We'd be so much better off without it.

    I have a better idea, let's just expel the loons from the nation or revoke their right to vote based on them being insane.

    A) There are decent people in Arizona and cutting the state off from the Union will just fuck them over.
    B) Eventually, we're going to hit a point where we've cut the whole of the US off because of a couple of crazy people.
    C) If the crazy problem is really as bad as we think it is, or worse, that just gives the crazies a nation state that can turn around and declare war on us.

    Much better to take steps to marginalize their influence and ability to pose a threat to society.

  • Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    It seems like there's really been a lot of terrorism/mass shootings lately. Is that really a trend, or have they just been getting reported more?

  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Right wing terrorist JT Ready kills family and self (including an 18 month toddler) in an attempt to create martyrs to provoke violence on the Arizona border:

    http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/05/jt_ready_arizona_massacre_border.php

    You know what? I'm tired of these guys being called lone wackos. They are terrorists, plain and simple, and it's time they were referred to as such.

    Didn't that Norwegian mass murderer just say that no one would try to say he was crazy if he was a fundamentalist Muslim terrorist? It is a bit odd that whenever a fundamentalist Muslim suicide bomber pulls this shit they're religious fanatics, but when it's a white guy - "oh he's just crazy!"
    Except in Norway, the maximum criminal sentence is about twenty years. They don't do 'life' over there. Whereas if he's crazy, then they can keep him locked up as long as the state can successfully argue he's still nuts.

    That is wrong, the norwegian state has laws that can keep him locked up indefinitely. Its just that 20 years is the basic maximum sentence, anything over that and the state has to justify keeping him longer if they want to keep him locked up. Which is not going to be hard.

    They called him crazy because he thought there was a non-zero chance that his acts would so inspire the norwegian people to name him regent of the Norwegian state.

    Communicating from the last of the Babylon Stations.
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Pi-r8 wrote: »
    It seems like there's really been a lot of terrorism/mass shootings lately. Is that really a trend, or have they just been getting reported more?

    just getting reported far more and letting people in other areas know about them
    When I moved just before high school one of the kids in the class before mine did some rather unspeakable things a certain summer night and it was news for weeks on end.
    I move and no one has heard of it or knows anything about it
    I really do think the rise of the internet and anyone can be a reporter attitude helps this problem

    A.jpg
  • South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I hope they find the individual who posted the information to facebook after the fact so they can hang conspiracy around his neck.

    The impression I got from the article was that he posted that message himself, then proceeded to shoot his family. Or rather, his girlfriend and her family, I guess.


    Boy, Alex Jones's 'analysis' of this murder should be interesting.

    if by interesting, you mean terrible and spirit breaking.

    Infowars already has an article saying it was either the drug cartels or the federal government.

    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    obama

    wait let me put a question mark to make it journalism

    '?'

    Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    South host wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I hope they find the individual who posted the information to facebook after the fact so they can hang conspiracy around his neck.

    The impression I got from the article was that he posted that message himself, then proceeded to shoot his family. Or rather, his girlfriend and her family, I guess.


    Boy, Alex Jones's 'analysis' of this murder should be interesting.

    if by interesting, you mean terrible and spirit breaking.

    Infowars already has an article saying it was either the drug cartels or the federal government.

    Why choose?

    They're both the same!

  • adytumadytum Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    This dude showed up to support Occupy Phoenix... there's video of him there.

    No idea just how much he affiliated himself with the Occupy movement, but at best it's another example of how lunatics will glom onto any popular movement to get their own lunacy a wider audience.


    Did you watch the video? It's pretty clear how much he affiliated himself with the Occupy movement- not at all. He states that it doesn't matter if he agrees or disagrees with the actual protest, he's there to make a statement to the government about second-amendment rights and cross-border violence.

    etxvv5.jpg
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I watched about 30s of the video. You can tell without asking, because I said "No idea just how much he affiliated himself...". Then I went on to make a point entirely separate from whether or not he had any common cause with OWS.

  • adytumadytum Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I watched about 30s of the video. You can tell without asking, because I said "No idea just how much he affiliated himself...". Then I went on to make a point entirely separate from whether or not he had any common cause with OWS.

    So you were just mudslinging.

    :^:

    etxvv5.jpg
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    South host wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I hope they find the individual who posted the information to facebook after the fact so they can hang conspiracy around his neck.

    The impression I got from the article was that he posted that message himself, then proceeded to shoot his family. Or rather, his girlfriend and her family, I guess.


    Boy, Alex Jones's 'analysis' of this murder should be interesting.

    if by interesting, you mean terrible and spirit breaking.

    Infowars already has an article saying it was either the drug cartels or the federal government.

    Good to see Alex Jones maintaining his standard of journalism and fact-checking.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    He was an anti-immgration nut AND a white supremacist? Shocker. I'd heard the two are completely different and unrelated issues.

  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    adytum wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    I watched about 30s of the video. You can tell without asking, because I said "No idea just how much he affiliated himself...". Then I went on to make a point entirely separate from whether or not he had any common cause with OWS.

    So you were just mudslinging.

    :^:

    No. I can see you're having trouble grasping this idea, so I'll repeat it: it's another example of how lunatics will glom onto any popular movement to get their own lunacy a wider audience. Whether or how much this guy affiliated himself with OWS is beside the point - honestly, if he wasn't at all it just makes my point stronger. Loons will go where the press is focused to promote their own message because that's where the eyeballs are.

    Stop being so defensive.

    spool32 on
  • HacksawHacksaw J Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    He was a Neo Nazi. No reason to defend him, really.

  • adytumadytum Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    adytum wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    I watched about 30s of the video. You can tell without asking, because I said "No idea just how much he affiliated himself...". Then I went on to make a point entirely separate from whether or not he had any common cause with OWS.

    So you were just mudslinging.

    :^:

    No. I can see you're having trouble grasping this idea, so I'll repeat it: it's another example of how lunatics will glom onto any popular movement to get their own lunacy a wider audience. Whether or how much this guy affiliated himself with OWS is beside the point - honestly, if he wasn't at all it just makes my point stronger. Loons will go where the press is focused to promote their own message because that's where the eyeballs are.

    Stop being so defensive.

    Stop projecting. I'm trying to be nothing but polite. You posted a link and a short description implying something that wasn't true.. and was easily verifiable as the pertinent statements were made within the first minute of the video. You had "no idea just how much he affiliated himself with the Occupy movement" because you'd didn't take the time to figure out what the truth of the matter was.

    etxvv5.jpg
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    adytum wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    adytum wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    I watched about 30s of the video. You can tell without asking, because I said "No idea just how much he affiliated himself...". Then I went on to make a point entirely separate from whether or not he had any common cause with OWS.

    So you were just mudslinging.

    :^:

    No. I can see you're having trouble grasping this idea, so I'll repeat it: it's another example of how lunatics will glom onto any popular movement to get their own lunacy a wider audience. Whether or how much this guy affiliated himself with OWS is beside the point - honestly, if he wasn't at all it just makes my point stronger. Loons will go where the press is focused to promote their own message because that's where the eyeballs are.

    Stop being so defensive.

    Stop projecting. I'm trying to be nothing but polite. You posted a link and a short description implying something that wasn't true.. and was easily verifiable as the pertinent statements were made within the first minute of the video. You had "no idea just how much he affiliated himself with the Occupy movement" because you'd didn't take the time to figure out what the truth of the matter was.

    And the reason we're a tad touchy about it is because there are already right wing idiots trying to use that video to claim he wasn't on their side of the fence.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    adytum wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    adytum wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    I watched about 30s of the video. You can tell without asking, because I said "No idea just how much he affiliated himself...". Then I went on to make a point entirely separate from whether or not he had any common cause with OWS.

    So you were just mudslinging.

    :^:

    No. I can see you're having trouble grasping this idea, so I'll repeat it: it's another example of how lunatics will glom onto any popular movement to get their own lunacy a wider audience. Whether or how much this guy affiliated himself with OWS is beside the point - honestly, if he wasn't at all it just makes my point stronger. Loons will go where the press is focused to promote their own message because that's where the eyeballs are.

    Stop being so defensive.

    Stop projecting. I'm trying to be nothing but polite. You posted a link and a short description implying something that wasn't true.. and was easily verifiable as the pertinent statements were made within the first minute of the video. You had "no idea just how much he affiliated himself with the Occupy movement" because you'd didn't take the time to figure out what the truth of the matter was.

    The "truth of the matter" you are referring to has little or nothing to do with the point Spool was making.

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • adytumadytum Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The "truth of the matter" you are referring to has little or nothing to do with the point Spool was making.

    "The truth of the matter" that I referenced does not refer to the 'point' of his post, but to the implication of what was written regarding this person being present at an OWS rally. The 'point' could have been made more clearly and honestly with thirty more seconds of research and a few less weasel words.

    adytum on
    etxvv5.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    Homebrewed terrorism. Aren't these kind of people supposedly super-Christian? Didn't he understand that killing himself is actually a one-way ticket to Hell?

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Homebrewed terrorism. Aren't these kind of people supposedly super-Christian? Didn't he understand that killing himself is actually a one-way ticket to Hell?

    The article says he converted to Mormonism, although I'm not sure there's any useful connection between his religion and his actions.

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    I did not read anything into spool's post. You guys are being silly geese about it.

    eokNV.jpg
  • MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    I dunno, isn't this guy kind of both a terrorist and a lone crazy?

    Like, he wasn't part of some larger methodologically violent organization was he? There's no, "Our agent blah blah," video right?

    "More fish for Kunta!"

    --LeVar Burton
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.