Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: '[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 is COMPLETELY SOLD OUT!' by Cultural Geek Girl

Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
  SenorMathias likes this Post written by Cultural Geek Girl
about two years ago
"Because you love children."
Buraisu wrote: »
tsrblke wrote: »
Buraisu wrote: »
If purchasing PAX tickets starts becoming named based, limited to the purchaser, and one per person; perhaps we can limit people to a single PAX a year to make room for more people. I know there are some people that attend both PAXs but is that fair? They are preventing people from going to a single PAX.

Wow, erg...I'm calling Poe's law because, I honestly can't tell in this thread what's satire and not anymore.
I am a hundred percent serious. What is the point have opening a second PAX if a large portion of people go to both? Isn't the point of opening up more venues so a larger number of people can attend a single PAX event? How is this accomplished if people are allowed to buy tickets for both events? Perhaps the number is lower then I think but even if a single person goes to both sold out events, it IS preventing another person from going to a single PAX event because they are taking up two spots.

The tickets should be restricted to one per person, per year, and with a name engraved on the ticket and require ID. Perhaps even have a slot for the required ID so it can be presented along with the badge or have photo of the person on the badge itself.

I brought in over $600 in Cookie Brigade Child's Play donations last Prime, and over $900 at last East. If you're asking me to go to only one PAX a year, you hate the children.

Why do you hate the children?

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com