As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TERA] This thread under questioning by child protection services. Check the new one.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I don't think the chat channel is up at the moment. Or at least I don't think anyone is on that would normally maintain it at this time of the day.

On an unrelated note:

Is anyone else kind of bummed that the jailing system was removed? I can see room for abuse with that but I still think they should have kept the idea for the bounty system.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    I am bummed anytime features are removed.

Anything has the potential to make things more interesting, and given the amount of time I am likely to spend in game over the next year, ya can't go wrong with more interesting.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    On the flipside they really need to sort out basic stuff, like their billing system before they think about adding anymore things to the game.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    JediNight wrote: »
    That's why I meant that Mystic leveling is suffering, as Priest DPS is better. Obviously DPS will kill much faster, but even as Lancer I don't feel like leveling is THAT slow as long as I maintain a level edge over the monsters and keep my equipment well upgraded. At least until L54 -- suddenly Elenea quadruples all mob health, so I've went with trying to group at that point as much as possible.

It's easy to level by constantly running SM and CR, but I've found the dungeons after that to be not nearly as efficient for equipment/XP gain -- as the multiple repeatable quests really dry up after that.
    For my priest, by level 33, his strongest damaging move is his Auto Attack with his glyph for 25% damage bonus (still using an enchanted gold L27 weapon, and no other Glyphs give bonus damage). He has some strong PBAOE moves, but 2/3 of them have a cast time that is easily interrupted. So I could see having a thrall, auto attack, and some AOE moves on the Mystic making levelling even easier than it is for a Priest.

For Dungeons though, the Priest has 2 indirect heals/regen that draw almost zero aggro and dont require the DPS to watch their own health bars, and the Priest self mana regen ability also gives mana to the rest of the party. Mystic has great healing, but also wants people to take advantage of their Skittles, which I see so many bad Mystics completely forget to drop for fights and bad DPS forget to pickup.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    My rise to cap has been halted by the fact that I probably won't be playing again until Monday. I have SO MUCH homework/papers/quizes/exams and I have a mandatory trip from thursday - sunday. I will be in the forest while you all are enjoying your internet. Kill a BAM for me. /sob

Brown_bear_rearing.jpg

IRL BAM fight! Dodge the charge...

X22wmuF.jpg
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    My entire life as a mystic: Drop motes, heal stuff, use titanic wraith, mana infusion, repeat.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
    Lepwave wrote: »
    My entire life as a mystic: Drop motes, heal stuff, use titanic wraith, mana infusion, repeat.

Group life as a Priest is:
    Drop circle of healing so it gets the tank and the melee DPS
    Drop circle of regeneration to get the archers and sorcs
    Use focused healing if someone hits 50%
    Keep spamming my mana regen in between

steam_sig.png
  • ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I did the first BAM quests in Arcadia last night for the Nagas and Kumas. Lots of fun. Almost solo'd a Naga first try on my Slayer at lvl 22. Missed two dodges in a row though, and splat.

Found couple groups of decent people to do them, with no healers and mostly no tanks even.

I did not know about glyphs till lvl 24 when a group member was talking about them, heh.

Excision on
    steam_sig.png
    yeah they really need to drop that quest into your log automatically. That's like a core feature, I don't know why they'd leave it to you to have to stumble upon it.

EU news twitter just dropped the official line about the QoA part 2 patch. EME/Bluehole usually don't start dropping information like that unless it's due to be deployed "soon" I'm thinking it'll be out in Korea at the very least in a month or two.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Well, you get a quest to go talk to Mr Big Boss the moment you ding the appropriate level and the guy next to him is the guy that gives you the glyph quest. Pretty much the same thing, no?

well huh. I must be remembering wrong then. IGNORE ME

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Well, you get a quest to go talk to Mr Big Boss the moment you ding the appropriate level and the guy next to him is the guy that gives you the glyph quest. Pretty much the same thing, no?

Yes and no.

Because it's way too easy to have lots of quests left when you hit that level, look at the quest telling you to report to Velika and say "Oh, right, but I should probably finish all this Lumbertown shit before I go running back to the capital."

And then you're level 25 and have run BoL 3 times and you finally are done with quests there and it's like "lolz you could have had glyphs this whole time."

If they can stick a quest about enchanting directly into my log, they damn well can do it for something like glyphs, which are far more important.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    If you're a first time player your reaction would be "glyphs? Whatever, I'll just finish Lumbertown first" anyway.

Glal wrote: »

Yes and no.

Because it's way too easy to have lots of quests left when you hit that level, look at the quest telling you to report to Velika and say "Oh, right, but I should probably finish all this Lumbertown shit before I go running back to the capital."

And then you're level 25 and have run BoL 3 times and you finally are done with quests there and it's like "lolz you could have had glyphs this whole time."

If they can stick a quest about enchanting directly into my log, they damn well can do it for something like glyphs, which are far more important.

This was pretty much me exactly except I have not run BoL yet.

Where is BoL and what level range is it for? I'm 24, I hope I have not out leveled it.

steam_sig.png
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    BoL starts at 20 and it's usually not worth running it by 25. Next dungeon is SM

Keep in mind if you follow the questlines you'll get to quests that take place inside these dungeons, including repeatable quests

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    I have been following the quest lines and I have not seen it yet. But I am down in the southern area of Arcadia where the big Kuma and Naga mobs are....is it in this area?

steam_sig.png
    edited June 2012
    Excision wrote: »
    I have been following the quest lines and I have not seen it yet. But I am down in the southern area of Arcadia where the big Kuma and Naga mobs are....is it in this area?

If you are at the Kuma and Naga's then you missed it, since those are in Celestial Hills.

The lead up to Bastion of Lok is from Valley of the Titans, which sends you back to the Vanguard Outpost in Oblivion Woods, that leads you to the Basilisk BAM quest and the Bastion of Lok quests.

The very first BAM quest is the one outside Bastion of Lok for Basiliks.

EDIT: The first 27+ levels or so can be done in Arcadia doing: Fey Forest > Oblivion Woods > Valley of Titans > Oblivion Woods > Bastion of Lok > Tuwangi Mire > Celestial Hills

Double EDIT: By the end most of the mobs will be grey to you and you wont be getting that much XP, but its worth it if only to see all the area's and quests at least once.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    Ahh. See I took the quest to go down to Celestial Hills before I did the 2nd part of Oblivion Woods, I had them both at the same time and just happened to head to the hills first. I also have not been to Tuwangi Mire yet.

Better go back.

steam_sig.png
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Yeah this has confused me in the past as well, because you get to a certain point where the zone quests (yellow) seem to lead you on south, but the story quest (red) has you run north just to talk to someone. It's important to always follow story quests first, as they lead you correctly around the map. Doing primarily the zone quests caused me to have to re-do areas when I went back to catch up on the stories, as well as miss nice gear upgrades (or at least get them way later than I could have).

• grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    You can skip Tuwangi Mire. Unless you need the "Nearly Bilingual" title.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
    grouch993 wrote: »
    You can skip Tuwangi Mire. Unless you need the "Nearly Bilingual" title.

Or you like to be 2-3lvls above the content.

Which I love.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    Yeah this has confused me in the past as well, because you get to a certain point where the zone quests (yellow) seem to lead you on south, but the story quest (red) has you run north just to talk to someone. It's important to always follow story quests first, as they lead you correctly around the map. Doing primarily the zone quests caused me to have to re-do areas when I went back to catch up on the stories, as well as miss nice gear upgrades (or at least get them way later than I could have).

The way I have done it thus far is to always do whatever quest is the lowest level in my quest log. Generally that will be the story quest, then all the area quests for that story, then the next story quest etc.

steam_sig.png
    Grouped up with Aristor from BMC on my Archer. Super cool dude. :^:

You have good peeps Destian.

Steam
  • TheRealDestianTheRealDestian Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Grouped up with Aristor from BMC on my Archer. Super cool dude. :^:

You have good peeps Destian.

Glad you had fun with him. :)

We've had a few people who turned out less than ideal, but I've been happy overall.

Also, changed the end of this video a bit to be less showy on the "we kept that promise" bit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2xnxvebh7M

TheRealDestian on
    edited June 2012
    JediNight wrote: »
    That's why I meant that Mystic leveling is suffering, as Priest DPS is better. Obviously DPS will kill much faster, but even as Lancer I don't feel like leveling is THAT slow as long as I maintain a level edge over the monsters and keep my equipment well upgraded. At least until L54 -- suddenly Elenea quadruples all mob health, so I've went with trying to group at that point as much as possible.

It's easy to level by constantly running SM and CR, but I've found the dungeons after that to be not nearly as efficient for equipment/XP gain -- as the multiple repeatable quests really dry up after that.
    For my priest, by level 33, his strongest damaging move is his Auto Attack with his glyph for 25% damage bonus (still using an enchanted gold L27 weapon, and no other Glyphs give bonus damage). He has some strong PBAOE moves, but 2/3 of them have a cast time that is easily interrupted. So I could see having a thrall, auto attack, and some AOE moves on the Mystic making levelling even easier than it is for a Priest.

For Dungeons though, the Priest has 2 indirect heals/regen that draw almost zero aggro and dont require the DPS to watch their own health bars, and the Priest self mana regen ability also gives mana to the rest of the party. Mystic has great healing, but also wants people to take advantage of their Skittles, which I see so many bad Mystics completely forget to drop for fights and bad DPS forget to pickup.

Priest is one of the better levelers. I usually try to get in close with the enemy and use the hard hitting, short range AoE's like Final Reprisal and Shocking Implosion. Gather up multiple mobs and burn them down this way and heal through any damage you take. I've seen some priests stand at range and try to kill one enemy at a time and I don't get it. You're basically a shotgun, the closer you are to the enemy the more damage you do

Just sidestep to the side of mobs to avoid getting interrupted/knocked down and be sure to chain the combos so they cast faster

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    I feel trolled. At L54 I enter Elenea and everything has 4x the health and does 4x the damage. At L58 I skip out on the Habere area after doing my story quests and head to Val Tikai (Pathfinder Outpost).

Wtf is this shit? The quests are handing out free epix left and right for piddly 6-10 mob kill quests, of which these golds are way better than even +6 enchanted gear from Labyrinth or Ebon Tower. All the mobs have shit for health and don't even scratch my healthbar. They aren't even really doing any evasive maneuvers either...

XP gains are massively ramped up too. While Habere area would net me 35-50k per mob. The half-health mobs here give 65k, and the regular ones give 105k. Same level mobs as Habere...

The zone is beautiful, but the questing seems phoned-in.

Ah yes.

I remember Jedi, I just got there myself. Enjoy it, all the mobs from lvl 58-60 are just like that. It feels like being in the 30's-40's again when you could ACTUALLY kills stuff without losing half your healthbar.

Steam
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    If that's the case, I may skip the rest of Elenea entirely. I've finished all the BAM and story quests aside from the golems. That place was really burning me out.

• grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    The fun part is some quests have you kill 10 mobs and reward 1.2 million experience. Then you get another quest for a lot less experience that is more difficult. But you need to complete those quests to be certain you don't miss something that feeds into your dailies.

The welfare earrings and rings with crystal slots also confused me, they were gear level 111, but I didn't know if there would be better or if the gear level would increase if you slotted a crystal into them. The answer was no, they don't get better, and yes you can get better slotted jewelry.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Well, like others, Diablo 3 has loosened its grip on me and I hope to return to Tera this weekend. Hopefully you guys haven't kicked me!

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    edited June 2012
    Video is out of the new skills
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p1uVnKztpM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCMl0dVKk8k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL8c6unb7aY

The lancer shield slam looks fast with a short cooldown

The warrior parry in function seems to be more of an "oh shit here it comes" thing than a stand fast. It eats a lot of stamina on hit so it looks like the warrior is going to have to stay pretty mobile afterall.

Beezel on
  • Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Those videos barely tell you anything about warrior blocking except that they have less stamina than lancers. Dodge eats a ton. Without anything to show a lancer blocking the same thing its pretty meaningless. They were both changed.

Hunter_Killers on
    4efe575fea51ec35.png
    Seems to me the block can block significant damage just like the lancers, but eats up so much stamina compared to the lancer block that they can't block as much. Also that lancer knockdown is great, it'll really spice up the rotation for leveling lancers

vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • Comrade1809Comrade1809 Registered User regular
    Well, like others, Diablo 3 has loosened its grip on me and I hope to return to Tera this weekend. Hopefully you guys haven't kicked me!
    I just put in for a refund for the game. The 10 year old nostalgia has worn off and the game is actually a lot more boring than I remember D2 being. I don't know why but in D2, I would be happy to run the game through every difficulty and then farm a boss for years on end. In D3, that same feeling disappears and so does the replay factor. I do not think at all that it's worth the 60 dollar price tag on it.

EVE: TrueAnger

“The trouble with Communism is the Communists, just as the trouble with Christianity is the Christians.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

“This Snow Crash thing--is it a virus, a drug, or a religion?”
    Juanita shrugs. “What's the difference?”
    ― Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Wait... you didn't like the game so you're asking for a refund? I sincerely doubt you'll be getting that money back.

For content: I just can't seem to break through the doldrums of the 40's. I don't know why, because I love the combat, but when I log in I can only stay logged in for a couple hours before I feel compelled to switch over to something else.

Tera always brings me back eventually though.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
    I already got my refund. Blizzard has a 30 day no questions asked refund policy if you buy directly through them. I had the game for 3 weeks, and realized I didn't like it and returned it. Call in to get a refund instead of opening up a ticket. The ticket can take weeks. I called in at 8 in the morning on Monday when the call center opened, and got my refund processed later that day around 11:30am.

“The trouble with Communism is the Communists, just as the trouble with Christianity is the Christians.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

• hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Huh. That's... generous of them.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
    That policy has been in effect for a very long time. I don't see a reason not to use it if someone is not pleased with a game.

― H.L. Mencken

Pushed button for @Zzulu who brings us Mom

Did some bank cleaning of a lot of the below tier 9 blues we had. in the armor tab. Going to hit the weapons tab next.
    I'm keeping the golds in there for now so give it a week and think if you want anything before I stick them up for auction.

This discussion has been closed.