As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling Thread] We all dig crazy chicks

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Speaking of Shane did his abomination of a reunion show ever get that iPPV release? Hope the people who bought it got their refunds.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I guess if Flair can still do it

why not Foley

but I'm not expecting a 10 minute match

man flair can't "still do it" what the hell

what the hell

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Pwnan that crack about FCW rookies wasn't fair. Even the worst has more wrestling talent than fucking New Jack.

Shit, Andy Leavine has more talent than that piece of garbage.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    New Jack has a surprising amount of wrestling ability, which is to say not much but more than zero, it's just most of the time he never used it .

And honestly, when you're in the same company as Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, Tajiri, Taz, RVD and Lance Storm at their athletic peak it's probably a good idea to play to something other than your lack of pure wrestling ability.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    New Jack was OK

His talent is deservedly overshadowed by the fact that the dude's a psychopath on a normal day

• Options
    ECW kinda messed up their legacy with their mostly awful last few years of existence. Some of it was beyond their control but Heyman completely screwing up Mike Awesome's title reign was the end for me.

Although I guess Awesome being misused in ECW gave him the record of being screwed over in all three major wrestling promotions. That's quite a feat.

• Options
    Actually Andy Leavine is probably the best comparison skill-wise to New Jack.

Andy Leavine is like Newjack without the charisma or interesting use of weapons.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I'll concede New Jack was a good promo guy.

• Options
    Enough of this depressing talk about old farts. Let's talk about the future and how the future is now but let's not talk about The Future is Now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8oKGGt9Xd0

And if bashing Lince Dorado isn't enough to sell you on FCW, hey, Jim Ross and Regal on commentary!

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Why the fuck haven't they called up Richie Steamboat yet. If they think he's bland or something why don't they just release him? Does his dad hold that much stroke?

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Didnt New Jack admit to sucking and only being able to use weapons?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I don't know, they seem to be all over the idea of "____ generation superstars" to the point that it has given us the beginning of the start of genesis of McGillicutty (starting now) without even cashing in on his family legacy. Richie's actually quite talented too, good on the mic and compelling in the ring.

Maybe they have a thing against guys who look kind of like an Asian version of Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Didnt New Jack admit to sucking and only being able to use weapons?

He'll be the first to admit all he does is hit people with weapons. It is what makes him his money after all.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    On the subject of second generation superstars I'd like to point out I was a Cody Rhodes fan back when all of you were backing Ted DiBiase Jr.

I may have just been lurking at the time. But still. Ted DiBiase Jr.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I'd like to see Richie hype up his legacy on TV and then act all douchy and snobish when he finally starts wrestling because he's Ricky's son and he "deserves" to be handed everything on a silver platter.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Richie hype up his legacy on TV and then act all douchy and snobish when he finally starts wrestling because he's Ricky's son and he "deserves" to be handed everything on a silver platter.

you mean like...legacy?

• Options

you mean like...legacy?

It's still a good idea that could easily be reused.

• Options
    Eh, I think WWE has enough heels as is and Richie could probably do better to come in and play off the good will that his father has being sort of one of those quintessential guys who was really over with a lot of the crowd but was never really given the proper main event push he deserved.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    At least Ricky won the NWA title before it became completely worthless. Kinda sad though that the NFL football player they hyped at the event was a "noted Ric Flair fan" according to the commentary team.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    The Dragon will always be one of my all time favorites. Everything that ever could be said/seen about his career is, I feel, encapsulated in 2 matches:

1.) Wrestlemania III vs. "Macho Man", a tour-de-force of story telling, and simply one of the best matches ever

and

2.) Beach Blast 1992 vs. Rick Rude in a 30-minute Iron Man match. Another epic story telling clinic, and the single greatest match I ever saw Rude in.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Ricky has had absolute classics with Flair, Savage, Luger, Funk, Austin, just to name a few. The guy was a wrestling machine and I'm sad he didn't come back at least part time after his Mania 25 and Backlash performances.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Hahaha oh man, Cesaro laughing in Steamboat's face as he twists his head around...

rL9hM.jpg

There's a free hidden highlight for you Nirya.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Punk just sang Take Me Out to the Ballgame at the Cubs game, and in the post song interview with the Cubs' broadcasters he unveiled the name for a new move: The Whirling Twirlitzer.

He does not, however, know what the move is, yet, but whenever he figures it out, it has a cool name all ready to go.

• Options
    SD spoilers
    Smackdown starts with a video promo recapping last night and the fatal four way announcement.

Sheamus and Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio and Chris Jericho: No Contest

Sheamus out to the ring. Followed by Randy Orton. Now here comes Chris Jericho. Now Ricardo to announce Del Rio. No car tonight as the arena is too small to allow. Great way to get the arena amped. Same tag match from last night to start the evening. Orton and Y2J start. Orton tags Sheamus' bad arm. Sheamus returns the hard tag to Orton. Del Rio gets in and takes control. Sheamus to the outside and Ricardo and Y2J attack outside the ring. Things break down and the red rings the bell for a no contest. Refs spill out from the back to split everyone. Orton and Sheamus dispatch their guy and have a state down.

AJ def. Kaitlyn

AJ out to the ring to a decent pop. Kaitlin out next to little/no reaction. Aj starts on fire. Punches flying. And just like that, it's over. AJ wins. Continues attacking after the match. Out comes Daniel Bryan. Bryan says he's impressed with AJ. He is talking her up. He says he's ready to move past it all. Bryan says he's looking forward to moving on to Kaitlyn. AJ looks like she will smack him then leaves. There is a major "Yes" chant breaks out.

Daniel Bryan def. The Big Show

Big Show starts with the "vintage" chops. He continues to dominate early on. Bryan has Show in the Yes Lock and John Laurinaitis stops the match saying Show taps out. Daniel Bryan is your winner.

Johnny makes Show apologize again. Laurinaitis calls him a 40 year old 400 lb freak and leaves Show in ring.

Ryback def. Heath Slater

A typical squash match, with Ryback winning in under two minutes.

Announcement of Sheamus vs. Jericho for later

Teddy Long out to a nice pop to be special guest ref.

Antonio Cesaro def. Alex Riley

Antonio Cesaro is in control from the start with a lot of mat wrestling. Riley went for the Spinebuster and Cesaro reverses it to his finisher and the 3 count. After the match, Aksana says Teddy was just her friend and Cesaro is her lover.

Randy Orton def. Alberto Del Rio via DQ

Back and forth to start off the match. Del Rio gets upper hand. Del Rio works on Ortons left arm. Ricardo gets involved from the outside. Orton regains control and hits the normal spots. Hanging DDT from the corner. Crowd erupts for an RKO. Ricardo off the top rope and eats an RKO. The match is over, as Randy wins by DQ. Del Rio locks in the Cross Armbreaker after match. Good match overall.

R-Truth def. Jack Swagger

R-Truth with a 15 second build up to a leg drop. Swagger gains control. Truth builds momentum and hits the Lie Detector. The action spills outside, as Kofi takes out Dolph. Kingston then hits a Trouble in Paradise on Swagger who was in the ropes. Swagger gets hit with R-Truths finisher and the 1,2,3.
    WWE advertises John Cena and Johnny face to face on Monday.

Darren Young and Titus O'Neil def. Santino Marella and Zack Ryder

Santino starts out with some comedy. Titus takes over. There are a lot of tags with Young and O'Neil. Zack Ryder gets the hot tag and hits the Broski Boot. The action spills outside. Titus and Young hit their finisher for the win on Ryder. Young and O'Neil cut a promo after match.

Damien Sandow is interviewed by Striker. He cuts a promo on being a savior. Says he is the bright beam of enlightenment...... You're Welcome.

Brodus Clay def. Hunico

Quick match with Clay getting beaten down before the bell by Hunico and Camacho. Clay hits his usual moves for the victory.

Chris Jericho vs. Sheamus ends in No Contest

Jericho works the arm from the get go. The fighting goes to the outside. Jericho takes over with a drop kick from the middle rope. Jericho misses a lionsault and Sheamus takes over. Lots of reversals and finally Jericho locks in the Walls of Jericho. Sheamus gets to the ropes to break the hold. Sheamus sends Y2J over the ropes and Del Rio comes out and throws Y2J in the steps and applies the arm breaker to Sheamus. Orton comes out for the save. Orton and Sheamus argue. Jericho hits Del Rio with Codebreaker. Orton follows with an RKO to Del Rio, followed by a Brogue kick to Del Rio. Sheamus and Orton stare down.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Very lengthy Smackdown spoilers:
    Smackdown starts with a video promo recapping last night and the fatal four way announcement.

Sheamus and Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio and Chris Jericho: No Contest

Sheamus out to the ring. Followed by Randy Orton. Now here comes Chris Jericho. Now Ricardo to announce Del Rio. No car tonight as the arena is too small to allow. Great way to get the arena amped. Same tag match from last night to start the evening. Orton and Y2J start. Orton tags Sheamus' bad arm. Sheamus returns the hard tag to Orton. Del Rio gets in and takes control. Sheamus to the outside and Ricardo and Y2J attack outside the ring. Things break down and the red rings the bell for a no contest. Refs spill out from the back to split everyone. Orton and Sheamus dispatch their guy and have a state down.

AJ def. Kaitlyn

AJ out to the ring to a decent pop. Kaitlin out next to little/no reaction. Aj starts on fire. Punches flying. And just like that, it's over. AJ wins. Continues attacking after the match. Out comes Daniel Bryan. Bryan says he's impressed with AJ. He is talking her up. He says he's ready to move past it all. Bryan says he's looking forward to moving on to Kaitlyn. AJ looks like she will smack him then leaves. There is a major "Yes" chant breaks out.

Daniel Bryan def. The Big Show

Big Show starts with the "vintage" chops. He continues to dominate early on. Bryan has Show in the Yes Lock and John Laurinaitis stops the match saying Show taps out. Daniel Bryan is your winner.

Johnny makes Show apologize again. Laurinaitis calls him a 40 year old 400 lb freak and leaves Show in ring.

Ryback def. Heath Slater

A typical squash match, with Ryback winning in under two minutes.

Announcement of Sheamus vs. Jericho for later

Teddy Long out to a nice pop to be special guest ref.

Antonio Cesaro is in control from the start with a lot of mat wrestling. Riley went for the Spinebuster and Cesaro reverses it to his finisher and the 3 count. After the match, Aksana says Teddy was just her friend and Cesaro is her lover.

Randy Orton def. Alberto Del Rio via DQ

Back and forth to start off the match. Del Rio gets upper hand. Del Rio works on Ortons left arm. Ricardo gets involved from the outside. Orton regains control and hits the normal spots. Hanging DDT from the corner. Crowd erupts for an RKO. Ricardo off the top rope and eats an RKO. The match is over, as Randy wins by DQ. Del Rio locks in the Cross Armbreaker after match. Good match overall.

R-Truth def. Jack Swagger

R-Truth with a 15 second build up to a leg drop. Swagger gains control. Truth builds momentum and hits the Lie Detector. The action spills outside, as Kofi takes out Dolph. Kingston then hits a Trouble in Paradise on Swagger who was in the ropes. Swagger gets hit with R-Truths finisher and the 1,2,3.

WWE advertises John Cena and Johnny face to face on Monday.

Darren Young and Titus O'Neil def. Santino Marella and Zack Ryder

Santino starts out with some comedy. Titus takes over. There are a lot of tags with Young and O'Neil. Zack Ryder gets the hot tag and hits the Broski Boot. The action spills outside. Titus and Young hit their finisher for the win on Ryder. Young and O'Neil cut a promo after match.

Damien Sandow is interviewed by Striker. He cuts a promo on being a savior. Says he is the bright beam of enlightenment...... You're Welcome.

Brodus Clay def. Hunico

Quick match with Clay getting beaten down before the bell by Hunico and Camacho. Clay hits his usual moves for the victory.

Chris Jericho vs. Sheamus ends in No Contest

Jericho works the arm from the get go. The fighting goes to the outside. Jericho takes over with a drop kick from the middle rope. Jericho misses a lionsault and Sheamus takes over. Lots of reversals and finally Jericho locks in the Walls of Jericho. Sheamus gets to the ropes to break the hold. Sheamus sends Y2J over the ropes and Del Rio comes out and throws Y2J in the steps and applies the arm breaker to Sheamus. Orton comes out for the save. Orton and Sheamus argue. Jericho hits Del Rio with Codebreaker. Orton follows with an RKO to Del Rio, followed by a Brogue kick to Del Rio. Sheamus and Orton stare down. This should be the end of SmackDown.

For the love of shit that's 10 MATCHES for one show. Only thing that really bothered me was a severe lack of Cody Rhodes. He better make the PPV.

Dammit Sweeney.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    SD spoilers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aofoBrFNdg

Meanwhile in ROH,
    See CM Punk vs Bryan Danielson

For Free Tomorrow!!

Tomorrow night right here at ROHWrestling.com we offering, absolutely free to everybody, a showing of the CM Punk/Bryan Danielson bout from “Reborn: Stage 1” that took place on April 23, 2004 as well as clash between The Briscoe Family & The House of Truth taped in Baltimore that featured the return to action of Papa Briscoe! These matches will be available from 6pm - 8pm FREE for anyone to watch!

To view click here between 6pm - 8pm tomorrow evening (Wednesday, May 9th, 2012)

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    well that's a pretty full show

• Options
    Asa0AMDCMAABR8o.jpg

• Options
    Oh man that Punk/Bryan match happened right after the horrific Rob Feinstein controversy that almost killed ROH for good.

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    Punk did a good job on the stretch. Much better than a lot of the jamokes they get in there.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    I certainly would have had Brock win, as most people seem to think was the better idea. I just took exception to the people that thought that one loss killed Brock, and they’ve completely destroyed his heat, and what’s the point? There was a lot of people wanting to think that they had just completely ruined the whole potential of Brock Lesnar. So, I pitched an alternative booking strategy with, “Okay, he lost, it’s not the end of the world.” Comparing it to his UFC run, in that he was a big draw for UFC and he tapped out in 90 seconds in his first match, I’m a firm believer that one loss or one match doesn’t make or break anyone. It certainly can help, but it’s not the be-all and end-all. So I pitched an alternative booking strategy for Brock, which they’re obviously going a different way after watching Monday, but it’s an interesting read. I’ll be curious to see where they do go, because I really liked the approach that I had, although I’m curious that they seem to be sitting him for several months. I’m curious how many dates they have on Brock. Maybe there is something to fewer and far-between being good, but I would think if say you only had him for 15 dates, that you’d want 12 of those to be pay-per-view matches that could draw you money. It seems odd to have him on four or five TVs in a row and then skip several PPVs, but that’s just me I guess.

I think it comes down to whether they have a good booking plan or not. Steve Austin and The Rock in the heyday were week-to-week characters, and it certainly didn’t hurt their drawing power. I think it comes down to if you know what you’re doing and have a really good plan, you can keep a guy important and special and have him on every show. I’m not even necessarily pitching that, but to me, with the price tag that’s with him, you would think you would want him drawing money on as many PPVs as possible. Having him do a TV appearance where he just signs a contract, as opposed to wrestling on a PPV, it’s an interesting decision as far as how you maximize his profits. If they don’t have a lot of great ideas to keep him fresh on TV, then perhaps sending him away for a month or so, and then bringing him back for SummerSlam, and then bringing him back for (Royal) Rumble, maybe that is the best approach. He’s really only drawing you money when he’s on PPV, so you would think you’d want him on a few of those to make up for that paycheck.

• Options
    Lance Storm is the voice of reason in a sea of madness. Seriously I'd probably get the ROH PPV on Saturday just for his match.

• Options
    superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    Lance Storm is BOOORRRRIIIIINNNNGGG.

Kidding aside, he really does have a good point. If Brock had won, they'd almost have to blow their load right now on an angle. Still don't think it makes sense having Brock lose clean to Cena after the buildup, but we'll see how it goes.

IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    So now Ryback is beating up the Smackdown jobbers instead of dudes they pull of the street now?

I think he should team up with Yoshi Tatsu and feud with Tensai and Sakamato

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    New Jack taught me how to do a drop kick in the most amazing way possible, for this I will fight to the death against any who decry his wrestling talent!*

Also Richie Steamboat is much better off in FCW right now, it's a safe environment where he can keep on honing his craft without much worry. Plus I'm pretty sure they teased a heel turn with him a little while back and I'd like to see some pay off for that.
    I think in the main roster he might have some trouble really standing out and might get lost in the shuffle at this stage.
    *New Jack is pretty terrible.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Really, I don't think Lesnar would bring out his old mouthpiece once, and just to say "Fuck y'all, I'm out."

Then again, I didn't know who Heyman was until tonight, so I can't say I really know the man.

Holy crap, a new wrestling fan? How does that even happen?
    superjoe wrote: »
    Lance Storm is BOOORRRRIIIIINNNNGGG.
    I hate you so, so much.

Anyway, Raw sucked but Smackdown sounds awesome (sans Ryback piss break).

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    New Jack taught me how to do a drop kick in the most amazing way possible, for this I will fight to the death against any who decry his wrestling talent!*

Also Richie Steamboat is much better off in FCW right now, it's a safe environment where he can keep on honing his craft without much worry. Plus I'm pretty sure they teased a heel turn with him a little while back and I'd like to see some pay off for that.
    I think in the main roster he might have some trouble really standing out and might get lost in the shuffle at this stage.
    *New Jack is pretty terrible.

Yeah, you can't just leave that one hanging. I've seen Jack use a gold club to hit a plastic Godzilla at another guy's genitals. I've seen him weaponize a NES. I have to know what he did involving a dropkick that amazed you.

So terrible. Shit I'm a bit surprised he knows what a dropkick is.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Well nothing about the dropkick was amazing, it was just the impeccable teaching method he used.
    That is to say he did one dropkick and informed us we would be imitating it, then said anybody who repeated it wrong would get punched in the face.
    To his eternal credit, nobody in that room fucked up their dropkick.

Also armdrags, he taught fucking armdrags man. I was so surprised at some of the stuff he knew, not even joking.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Well nothing about the dropkick was amazing, it was just the impeccable teaching method he used.
    That is to say he did one dropkick and informed us we would be imitating it, then said anybody who repeated it wrong would get punched in the face.
    To his eternal credit, nobody in that room fucked up their dropkick.

Also armdrags, he taught fucking armdrags man. I was so surprised at some of the stuff he knew, not even joking.

Ugh, youtube doesn't have a video clip of Gob motivating Buster by punching him in the stomach.

Imagine I am posting a video clip of that followed by a ?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
This discussion has been closed.