As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I've [CHAT] you for a thousand years, a thousand years

• Options
    Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    Why am I putting up with lag in a single player game? Is this gonna be a thing now?

Also, man, I wanna play some Diablo 3 with people, but I'm using my roommate's battle.net account until he's ready to play, and I'm a little wary about handing it out.

There was something important here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Is this gonna be a thing now?
    Yes. It makes the game better or something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I am in love with Theo Prins' work

cove_by_artbytheo-d4yq0ax.jpg

docking_by_artbytheo-d4v4f9o.jpg

waterway_by_artbytheo-d30mqzd.jpg

Tam on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Daaaaaang those are nice

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Wow!

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    :O oh man, those are incredible. Really like the colors.

And hey, my battle tag is IamBick#1264

• Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    Ah yeah those are so cool, Tam. Thanks for the link.

And my battle tag is f87#1671

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Wow, Kazu Kibuishi has to be one of the nicest, sweetest, most friendliest creators we've ever had as a guest!
    I drew him some Daisy Kutter fanart as a thank you which he got excited about :3

• Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    More like Battle LAG amirite

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    So there was a kind of an exhibition in a church I was visiting.
    It was about Cain and Abel (the title of it was "Where is thy brother").

This was one of the paintings:
    brother.jpg

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    Hmmm.

I let myself start playing Skyrim again this morning and just managed to tear myself away. It's an amazing game but it just keeps going and going and going. Every freaking person I talk to has a quest for me. I finally finished ONE of the major quest lines today. I think I'm pretty close on a few of the others but bugs are starting to piss me off. Sometimes things start lagging really badly in the middle of a major fight and I'm running into an issue where I can't proceed in one of the quests because the dialogue option won't come up to let me take the next step.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    glad you guys like him
    I'm reminded of Imperial Boy's cityscapes
    but more "sophisticated"

really love that last one
    there's something about dense urban environments with a wide range of technological levels and cultures

Tam on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    I hope I get a job soon. I need a new video card... my current one has been shit ever since I got it, but it is past the newegg warranty and manufacturer's too...

I never should have placed hope in my problem being driver based :/

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    I want to start sculpting something new, but I can't decide what. I was thinking of maybe trying to do a dragon but I dunno.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pierceneck: ferocious hippopotamus. With a mohawk?

Mayday: id buy that

Speaking of buying art, i won an auction at this AIGA event, got a sweet skate deck, some of you may have seen it on fb. Anyone know anything about hanging skateboards for display? Ideally vertically, rather than like laying it horizontally on a rack or something.

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    Screw it, I've already done a full single player run with a demon hunter. Now, I have a lvl. 15 monk who needs friends.

Nineteen#1632

People who know my real name, don't be thrown off that I come up as some dude named James.

There was something important here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Maaan, everyone's so high levels. Granted I keep bouncing between three characters because I'm doing the storyline with my brother, so I don't want to get ahead of him.

I've been drawing chameleons the last couple of days. They are quite fun to draw.

• Options
    I was having so much fun on my monk I just kept playing him. In hell difficulty right now, things are way stronger than nightmare. More than the gap between normal and nightmare. @_@

But, I do have a level 20-ish wizard that I like very much.

• Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    Oh man, check it out:

spectrumbooth1.jpg

spectrumbooth2.jpg

(In the first one Donato Giancola is looking at my paintings!)

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    That's awesome!

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    waaaat

That's pretty swank, Ryan. Nice job.

• Options
    Thanks man! I almost sold the big blue painting to a very important person in the industry so that was pretty exciting. A lot of people said some really nice things about my work which was really positive for me in general. It was intimidating hanging my stuff next to these guys but in the end I felt pretty good.

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Seeing stuff like this and ND's/Wasser's project makes me really excited for the success of people in the AC.

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    So... when did you change your name?

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    Siegfried wrote: »
    More like Battle LAG amirite

I don't have any of these prollems. Maybe the first 2 days, but lately once a several hour session.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    rts wrote: »
    Thanks man! I almost sold the big blue painting to a very important person in the industry so that was pretty exciting. A lot of people said some really nice things about my work which was really positive for me in general. It was intimidating hanging my stuff next to these guys but in the end I felt pretty good.

This is awesome! I wish you would post more work. I'm glad you are at least putting yourself out there!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Oh right, this is Cakemikz for anyone who was unsure. You guys can still just call me cake if you want. I just wanted to get rid of the last instance of the aol nickname that I was using well over a decade ago.

Napp - I won one of the name changes in the auction on the forums to support Child's Play.

Iruka - I will try to post more. By going to these conventions now and putting my artwork out there for everyone to see I get a real drive to do more and better work.

rts on
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Ryan ThreadShutter
    Congratulations on your new drive! It's the best thing to happen to an artist, ain't it? (well, except maybe selling your work for outrageous amounts of moola).

• Options
    Cake are you officially on the ball now? Doing the pro artist thing on a permanent basis?

• Options
    No I don't get any freelance work at the moment in art. I do some graphic design work though. Hopefully that will change soon. I think I have sort of found my calling with these big abstract spaceship paintings...they feel much better and more natural to me than the stuff I was trying to do previously. But unfortunately there isn't much of a market for it right now. And the originals are not popular with collectors either. I guess I am just going to try to change that or hope that things shift more in a scifi direction in the near future.

• Options
    Well good luck sir
    Hopefully your time and effort garners you a good career in the future

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    My doctor isn't treating me with anywhere near the hormone dosages recommended for feminizing. WTF.

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    My doctor isn't treating me with anywhere near the hormone dosages recommended for feminizing. WTF.

if theres someone I would trust with that kind of things, its doctors. Have you asked him why? Maybe he is building up momentum?

I hope I have made clear how ignorant I am to the world of hormones and medicine in general.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

Get a second opinion? What's your insurance situation like?
    Has he/she even supervised a transition before. I'd definitely quiz them on what's going on here.

• Options
    FANTOMAS wrote: »

if theres someone I would trust with that kind of things, its doctors.

Until recently I've had a good amount of trust in doctors. My girlfriend's situation has completely changed that, I have never seen as much carelessness in any profession as I have with her doctors over the last six months. Luckily, she finally found a good one a few weeks ago, but I would definitely see if you can get a second opinion via Tynic's suggestion. I would say he's just testing to see how you're doing on them, but you've taken them for a good little while now right?

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Yeah I've seen too many crazy situations to trust any one doctor's input. If it seems odd, I'd double-check, if your insurance can cover it.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I was looking around the art order for some D&D art test info, ended up stumbling across THIS GUY:

7234776146_e1c55a4c43.jpg
    RT Schutter by JonSchindehette

By the way, looks like your gallery was pretty awesome Ryan, congrats! :)

F87 on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Doctors have the worst hand-washing habits across this great land of ours
    let that sink in
    over 150 years since Ignaz Semmelweis and the old boys' club thinks it's too hot shit for common (medical) sense

Tam on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Oh neat, random people I don't know are starting to reblog/like things on my tumblr.

ALSO! Does anyone know how to refresh polymer clay? I have sculpey firm, but it's starting to dry out/get brittle. I got some clay softener, but I don't know if that's going to do what I need.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I finished that thing: http://www.redbubble.com/people/kylebunker/works/8880582-fresh-meat

You can buy it if you want (which would be awesome!) but I mostly just made it for myself.

Kochikens wrote:
This discussion has been closed.