As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I've [CHAT] you for a thousand years, a thousand years

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Hey Wass… save some food for the rest of us.

• Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    A stranger bought me coffee today because I showed him where our college's art supply store was located.

It makes me want to put a donation button on my various websites to see if I can scrounge up the occasional coffee money. "If you like my work, buy me a coffee because without it I'm not very productive anyways."

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
  • Options
    NibCrom wrote: »
    That… is a big steak.

I also had with it:
    - Two large pieces of complimentary bread
    - Two giant empanadas
    - The entire side of sweet potato fries
    - A molten lava cake

It was my birthday and probably my most gluttonous moment. I... did not have much fun later.

I feel like now people will have the wrong picture of me :P
    I don't usually eat like that.

ARe you goku?

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    I was gonna go with Luffy

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    It seems a lot (if not most) of "goofy" anime heroes tend to munch the fuck down.

• Options
    Godfather wrote: »
    I was gonna go with Luffy
    So Goku and Luffy walk into a buffet and a black foodhole forms.

• Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    god, sorry if have been in a dick mood around the forums today. Nothing worse than the internet where you can re-read your own post ten minutes later and realize what an ass you sound like.

I am in some sort of funk and I won't post again until I get rid of it.

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Flay wrote: »
    Coming soon, Silmarillion: The Movie

Jesus Christ, that thing would be longer than the entire fucking Ring Cycle

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Siegfried wrote: »
    A stranger bought me coffee today because I showed him where our college's art supply store was located.

It makes me want to put a donation button on my various websites to see if I can scrounge up the occasional coffee money. "If you like my work, buy me a coffee because without it I'm not very productive anyways."

well i mean
    DAAP is, in fact, a pastel-coated wilderness where lost visiting parents wander for weeks on end surviving off of discarded iced coffees and the m&m ice cream cookiesandwiches in the vending machine while fending off the paper-mache bears and sleeping on all of the benches.
    I hate it when there aren't any open benches
    unless you meant plaza?

as far as coffee-money-donate-buttons, Dorothy has been doing that awesomely for years.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hey is the page 2 of the AC full of this random guys threads?
    page2PA.jpg
    Or is it some weird glitch on my end?

• Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    Same here, it's weird. And sexy.

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Yeah if it's a glitch it's happening to more than two of us.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Snoop Dogg Lion

apparently

• Options
    Snoop Dogg Lion

apparently

Yup he's a rasta now. Sick of the rap game, Snoop is going strictly reggae from here on out.

Which, honestly, suits him much better. He's such a chill dude, and so much of rap culture, especially at the mainstream level he's at, is about being a hardguy.

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    Huh. I thought ND was just making some really cryptic joke I didn't understand.

In other news, I remain the worst at successfully distinguishing celebrities.
    When I was a small child, some misunderstand led me to believe -for years- that Eric Clapton and Phil Collins were the same person.
    More recently, I had Karl Urban confused for Benjamin Bratt in LOTR.
    And just now, the new Skyfall trailer had me- just for a moment!- confusing bad guy Javier Bardem for a shaved Tim Curry in a blond wig. (Maybe that's just wishful thinking?)

You'd think as an artist I'd be able to pick up on incredibly significant subtleties like that pretty quickly, but I guess white dudes look all the same to me. One day I'm going to look in a mirror and wonder why Ed Harris is staring at me like that.

• Options
    I didnt think this was a thing that was gonna happen. The D O double G was my rock. An unmovable temporal construct with which all of reality compared.

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Names I don't recognize except for phil collins who is actually a gorilla in that Cadbury commercial

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    Snoop Dogg Lion

apparently

Yup he's a rasta now. Sick of the rap game, Snoop is going strictly reggae from here on out.

Which, honestly, suits him much better. He's such a chill dude, and so much of rap culture, especially at the mainstream level he's at, is about being a hardguy.

Wait what? What?!?

But that ain't nothin' but a g thang! D:

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

When I was a small child, some misunderstand led me to believe -for years- that Eric Clapton and Phil Collins were the same person.
    And just now, the new Skyfall trailer had me- just for a moment!- confusing bad guy Javier Bardem for a shaved Tim Curry in a blond wig. (Maybe that's just wishful thinking?)

You'd think as an artist I'd be able to pick up on incredibly significant subtleties like that pretty quickly, but I guess white dudes look all the same to me. One day I'm going to look in a mirror and wonder why Ed Harris is staring at me like that.

maybe you're face-blind? Weird for an artist, though.

• Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    Sometimes an eye for facial subtleties can work against you if you're trying to recognize a celebrity you don't know or care about so much. You detect aspects of a more familiar celebrity who they kind of resemble, and then might even use your imagination to morph them or ignore discrepancies.

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    hmmm, empanadas, I might have that for lunch... maybe arabian ones.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    Hey fellas, this is gonna sound a bit silly, but ever since i've been building with these elaborite Technic sets i've really been intrigued on how machines and vehicles work. I do believe I have an interest in learning some mechanical engineering!

But, you know, i'm not gonna go to school for it because it's just an interest for now. Anyone else interested in this kind of thing?

• Options
    what is an "elaborite Technic sets" ?

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular

If it's any consolation:
    my day job is tech consultant for an art supply company so basically, when a client comes in and wants to know about sculpting they come to me.

So one day this tall guy with white hair and great teeth in a nice jacket comes in and wants to know about figure sculpting in plastilene, and I go through all the details, like, here, try the clays out, this is the type of armature you might use if you don't want to make your own, here are some tools you should try, etc.

And the whole time I am thinking to myself, man.... I wonder if this guy knows he sounds *exactly* like Ted Danson...

The punchline is of course it was Ted Danson
    (he is really really nice!)

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Iruka wrote: »
    Hey is the page 2 of the AC full of this random guys threads?
    page2PA.jpg
    Or is it some weird glitch on my end?

Those threads were probably moved here from some other area of the forum. They're all closed now so that nobody is tempted to post in them.

• Options
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    what is an "elaborite Technic sets" ?

LEGO-Technic-Supercar-2.jpg

• Options
    Ohhhhhh! you mean Lego, I used to love those.

• Options
    Hey guys this exists now:

moetoy.jpg

• Options
    Is that one of Mr. Firman's characters?

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'd go as fat as to say that it is THE Mr. Firman's character.

EDIT: yep, leaving that typo right there.

Mayday on
  • Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    What's a cool name for a blog?

Something digital art related plus RPG-ish. Pixel Arena? Dodge Flip? Frank's Blog? I'm terrible with naming things like this! D:

Also, should I put my unfinished Zbrush sculpts in my portfolio to be reviewed?

F87 on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Frank's Blog is so generic that I love it.

• Options
    Seems that Tony Sly is dead. He was the lead in No Use For A Name in case you don't know who he is. Way too young.

http://www.fatwreck.com/news/detail/498

• Options
    Grifter wrote: »
    Is that one of Mr. Firman's characters?

Why yes it is.

• Options
    Seems that Tony Sly is dead. He was the lead in No Use For A Name in case you don't know who he is. Way too young.

Yeah man I saw that earlier. I saw him play an acoustic set once, a darn shame he's gone.

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options

Yeah man I saw that earlier. I saw him play an acoustic set once, a darn shame he's gone.

Yeah, I saw NUFAN play about ten years ago at The Phoenix here. A couple of years ago, I went to see him and Joey Capes from Lagwagon while they were on their acoustic tour together. Both were awesome shows. Can't believe he's dead at 41. Have to wonder what it was that killed him.

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Frank's Blog is so generic that I love it.
    Frank's webpage
    "Get off my lawn"

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.