Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The 4th Annual Post-PAX Party - REGISTRATION IS LIVE.

ArcoArco Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX West
REGISTRATION FOR THE 4TH ANNUAL POST-PAX PARTY IS LIVE. CLICK HERE AND GIVE ME YOUR MONEY: http://p32012.eventbrite.com/

Hi everybody! Welcome to the official page for the 4th Annual Post-PAX Party. We're gearing up to have another awesome year, so here are all the details you'll need:

A brief rundown:

I've been throwing this party since 2009, and it's become PAX tradition for a lot of people. I'm rather humbled by how well it's been received and how much it's grown every year. We started as 100 people in one room at the Taphouse, and have since grown to 250 people and a whole floor at Jillian's. Over the years we've added more video games, more pool tables, ping pong, darts, and even musical guests. The Protomen played our stage last year. It was incredible.

This year's shaping up to be even better. We're upsizing to 300 people, we're looking to put together an even more awesome musical lineup, and we're going to have some really incredible prizes for the raffle.

So if you're looking for an awesome way to wind down your PAX weekend, or go out with a bang and a hangover the day after, you should join us. Registration is live at the following link:

http://p32012.eventbrite.com/

I'm copy/pasting the FAQ from previous years below, in case anyone has familiar questions:
Q: When is this event taking place?
A: Sunday, September 2nd, from 8:00-11:00+.

Q: Where is this event taking place?
A: Jillian's Billiards of Seattle. 731 Westlake Ave North, Seattle WA. It's about a mile straight north. You can either walk, take a taxi, or hop on a variety of public transit options (73 bus, 28 bus, or 98 street car). Walking will take you about 20-30 minutes.

Q: How long will this event last?
A: Officially, the party lasts three hours. During that time we have the entire first floor to ourselves, plus 6 dedicated pool tables, darts, and ping pong. During this time food and drinks are served for party guests and we can also hook video games up to the various TVs and projectors in the venue (12 screens total!).

After the three hour mark, we lose that stuff. We have to share the darts, ping pong, and pool, we lose the exclusivity, the paid food goes away, and we probably have to unhook most, if not all of the video games. But they aren't going to kick us out, and in years past the party has gone on until the venue closes, which is far into the wee hours of the morning.

Q: Is this event 21+?
A: Nope. All ages, but if you're under 21 please don't drink or try to drink.

Q: How much will this event cost?
A: $40, which includes admission, access to all the fun stuff, some money for the bands, and other funds to cover expenses like fees from PayPal/EventBrite.

Q: Do I need to buy a ticket, or can I just show up?
A: You do need to buy a ticket in advance, and space is limited. The EventBrite registration page is located here.

Q: What kind of food is served?
A: Appetizer-type stuff. Last year it was steak sandwiches, chicken fingers, potstickers, sushi and nigiri, hummus, pita, fruit, vegetables, cheese and crackers. Soda, tea, and coffee are also included in the ticket price, and the food is served for the duration of the party. We'll be choosing individual menu options over again this year.

Q: Is alcohol served?
A: Yup. Jillian's has a full bar and we have full run of the entire second floor.

Q: Is alcohol included in the ticket price?
A: YES! Just like last year (and unlike years prior to that), each ticket includes one drink ticket of a $6 value.

Q: I heard you have video games. What kind?
A: Last year we had two 360s with Rock Band, plus a PS3 with a variety of games. Rock Band has become a tradition at the party and I have no doubt we'll be playing that all night long. In addition there are always party standards: SFIV, MvC3, Castle Crashers, etc. We have a full stage, so maybe Dance Central? Who knows. This year we have a staggering 12 screens at our disposal, including a giant projector. I fully plan on hooking up as many consoles as I can get my hands on to provide you guys with a wide variety of games to play and short lines to wait in. If you're willing to offer up a console and some games for the evening, please get in touch with me via PM.

Q: What's with this raffle thing?
A: All attendees are encouraged to throw down some money for our raffle. Each ticket also comes with one raffle ticket, which will be thrown into a hat along with everyone else's. Before the party I will collect all the raffle donations and go on a crazy spending spree for FABULOUS PRIZES, which will be raffled off at some point during the party. We've given away some crazy stuff, like StarCraft II Collector's Editions, Tauntaun sleeping bags, XBox 360s, etc. I try not to disappoint. In addition to that, Penny Arcade has graciously stepped up and offered to throw us some awesome swag. I can't tell you what it is yet, so you'll just have to attend to find out.

Previous contents of this OP spoilerized below, for posterity:

I've started getting unsolicited e-mails and PMs about my party (wow!), so I thought I'd throw up a thread. It's going to be short right now because it's still very early, but I wanted to answer some very basic questions. Here we go:

Yes, I'm throwing a party. This is one of the highlights of my PAX and I wouldn't give this up for anything.

The party will be Sunday, September 2, at Jillian's in Seattle, from 8-11. /micdrop

I want to get musical guests again, but I need to talk to them. My ideal headliner would be The Protomen, but nothing has been discussed yet. That's happening soon.

There will probably be more people this time. I think it's fair to say that the party last year was legendary, so this year I'd like to kick up attendance. We had 250 last time, so I'm thinking maybe 300? We have lots of space.

That's pretty much all I've got for now. BUT, this is also a place to get info from you guys, so here's what I want to know.

What would make the party better?

<3

Like this, not like the gas station.
Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
Satellite Theater for life!
Moe Fwacky on
«1345678

Posts

  • bkrobinbkrobin Registered User regular
    This year I get to stay in Seattle until Monday so I can go PARTY!!

  • CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    First pax ever, and i want to indulge in everything i possibly can, so SIGN ME UP!

  • TOGSolidTOGSolid I didn't choose the tiki life, the tiki life chose me Inside a bottle of rumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Arcooooooooooooo. You know I'm down for this. I'll be totes down to help out again this year as well with whatever you need. I do fully plan on bringing back my fighting game pit this year since that seemed to be pretty popular.

    I can't think of anything that would make the party better, though it was sort of a last second save on the Rock Band station. If I absolutely have to I'll bring my RB3 stuff down, but flying with all that is gonna be a pain so I'd really rather not.
    EDIT: Actually yeah, I do have a question: Is there a better spot to put the stage at in Jillian's? The floor in the spot from last year was a little too...flexible...in a "oh god I don't want to die" sorta way. The bartender down on floor 1 had noticed it also. >_>

    Now to wait for the Triwizard thread to get going. :D

    TOGSolid on
  • TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    F'in THIS! PPP was awesome last year. Such a great way to end my first PAX. Totally down for going again this year!

  • PastyPasty cutscenesmith Registered User regular
    If I go to PAX this year, I'm all in. And honestly, I don't really have any feedback. Last year's party blew me away.

  • Garet_JaxGaret_Jax SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'm in. I've never actually been to Jillian's, if I have an under 21 person with me can they still get in?

  • LordFizzlebeefLordFizzlebeef Registered User regular
    I had fun last year, I would like to have more fun again this year. My only criticism of last year was I was not really a fan of whoever the opening act was, but other than that it was all great fun.

  • yanthraxyanthrax Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Arcooooooooooooo. You know I'm down for this. I'll be totes down to help out again this year as well with whatever you need. I do fully plan on bringing back my fighting game pit this year since that seemed to be pretty popular.

    I can't think of anything that would make the party better, though it was sort of a last second save on the Rock Band station. If I absolutely have to I'll bring my RB3 stuff down, but flying with all that is gonna be a pain so I'd really rather not.
    EDIT: Actually yeah, I do have a question: Is there a better spot to put the stage at in Jillian's? The floor in the spot from last year was a little too...flexible...in a "oh god I don't want to die" sorta way. The bartender down on floor 1 had noticed it also. >_>

    Now to wait for the Triwizard thread to get going. :D

    This was my exact concern last year, but the way the venue is set up, I don't know if there's a better place. Do they usually hold shows upstairs in that area?

  • HeartpiercedHeartpierced Registered User regular
    I'd love to go! Staying till Monday.

    Remember, you are unique. Just like everyone else.
    Twitter: @heartpierced
    Facebook: Nuclearpowered
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid I didn't choose the tiki life, the tiki life chose me Inside a bottle of rumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    yanthrax wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Arcooooooooooooo. You know I'm down for this. I'll be totes down to help out again this year as well with whatever you need. I do fully plan on bringing back my fighting game pit this year since that seemed to be pretty popular.

    I can't think of anything that would make the party better, though it was sort of a last second save on the Rock Band station. If I absolutely have to I'll bring my RB3 stuff down, but flying with all that is gonna be a pain so I'd really rather not.
    EDIT: Actually yeah, I do have a question: Is there a better spot to put the stage at in Jillian's? The floor in the spot from last year was a little too...flexible...in a "oh god I don't want to die" sorta way. The bartender down on floor 1 had noticed it also. >_>

    Now to wait for the Triwizard thread to get going. :D

    This was my exact concern last year, but the way the venue is set up, I don't know if there's a better place. Do they usually hold shows upstairs in that area?

    Hellifino. Since there appear to be plans to have a band set again this year, I think it would be in our vested interest to check if there are any better spots to set them up cause yeah...any time I can feel the floor flexing underneath me, I get a little worried.

    TOGSolid on
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Sounds fun, I'm in. I have never gone before so I have no input for making it better though.

  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    In like Flynn and hoping to bring my friends along. Didn't make it to Prime last year so excited to see the new PPPD venue =)

  • vgcvgc Registered User regular
    Paaaaar-tay! I'll be there this year to stretch PAX out for as long as possible!

  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Awesome! Last years party was indeed legendary, can't wait to see what you can get going on for this one. And if you're looking for people that have good connections with any bands, let me know, because my Community DVD team has a lot of them. xD

    And let me know if you might want anything else from us, chances are at least a good chunk of our team will be attending this again.

    PAX_Forum_Banner_2016_1_zpsfu3m5314.png
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    Garet_Jax wrote: »
    I'm in. I've never actually been to Jillian's, if I have an under 21 person with me can they still get in?

    Yes. Jillian's is all-ages, they'll just card you at the bar.

    As far as the floor buckling... yeah. I'll check into that. I was a little nervous when that started happening, too. I don't know if they have a better spot, but if they do, we'll find it.

    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    Arco, is there an option to purchase an open bar bracelet from 8-11 at Jillians? I wouldn't argue that such benefits should be part of the regular ticket price but a friend of mine who might attend would prefer such an option.

  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User
    Always a PAX highlight. And gods, the Protomen were were great last year. I have my signed poster up on my wall!

  • Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti Moving shit with the power of Zen. Registered User regular
    Had so much fun last year! YAY!!!!

  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Rius wrote: »
    Arco, is there an option to purchase an open bar bracelet from 8-11 at Jillians? I wouldn't argue that such benefits should be part of the regular ticket price but a friend of mine who might attend would prefer such an option.

    I'll discuss with Jillian's, but I have a feeling this will be prohibitively expensive. Stand by!

    EDIT: Jillian's doesn't really do an "open bar" kind of ticket. To them (and most other places), open bar just means hosted bar, which means that at the end of the night, someone picks up the bar tab. The awesome thing about open bars is that 99% of the time, that's not you. But it's always someone. Being that no one is really "funding" this party, that's not an option. So, no open bar. :)

    Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Arco wrote: »
    EDIT: Jillian's doesn't really do an "open bar" kind of ticket. To them (and most other places), open bar just means hosted bar, which means that at the end of the night, someone picks up the bar tab. The awesome thing about open bars is that 99% of the time, that's not you. But it's always someone. Being that no one is really "funding" this party, that's not an option. So, no open bar. :)

    Have you ever looked into seeing if a company would be interested in sponsoring the party? Could be anything from a company willing to give out a small door prize, to "hosting" the bar. Might be worth looking into if you hadn't already.

  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    Arco wrote: »
    EDIT: Jillian's doesn't really do an "open bar" kind of ticket. To them (and most other places), open bar just means hosted bar, which means that at the end of the night, someone picks up the bar tab. The awesome thing about open bars is that 99% of the time, that's not you. But it's always someone. Being that no one is really "funding" this party, that's not an option. So, no open bar. :)

    Have you ever looked into seeing if a company would be interested in sponsoring the party? Could be anything from a company willing to give out a small door prize, to "hosting" the bar. Might be worth looking into if you hadn't already.

    We actually had a pretty good amount of prizes donated for the raffle last year by companies like Fangamer. I don't really like the idea of having to work with anyone else to get the party sponsored; it takes a certain amount of control away from me (and you guys) and requires more time/effort on my part, which I'm reluctant to give.

    I was also cautioned against siphoning off sponsorships and money from PAX itself when I started planning this thing 4 years ago. I'm not sure if that's the official stance these days, but even if it isn't, I think I'd like to err on that side of things. We don't need sponsorship to make this party happen, so I don't think I'll look for any.

    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Arco wrote: »
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    Arco wrote: »
    EDIT: Jillian's doesn't really do an "open bar" kind of ticket. To them (and most other places), open bar just means hosted bar, which means that at the end of the night, someone picks up the bar tab. The awesome thing about open bars is that 99% of the time, that's not you. But it's always someone. Being that no one is really "funding" this party, that's not an option. So, no open bar. :)

    Have you ever looked into seeing if a company would be interested in sponsoring the party? Could be anything from a company willing to give out a small door prize, to "hosting" the bar. Might be worth looking into if you hadn't already.

    We actually had a pretty good amount of prizes donated for the raffle last year by companies like Fangamer. I don't really like the idea of having to work with anyone else to get the party sponsored; it takes a certain amount of control away from me (and you guys) and requires more time/effort on my part, which I'm reluctant to give.

    I was also cautioned against siphoning off sponsorships and money from PAX itself when I started planning this thing 4 years ago. I'm not sure if that's the official stance these days, but even if it isn't, I think I'd like to err on that side of things. We don't need sponsorship to make this party happen, so I don't think I'll look for any.

    Makes sense.
    I look forward to a great party.

  • Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    Legendary! I can't wait for this year's party!

    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

    http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I've been through it all, from drunken Beatles: Rock Band before the game came out, to the awe and majesty of Protomen last year, and I will be there once more this year.

    Let the anticipation, begin!

    BlackDragon1066.png
  • NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    I am so pysched to hand out more magfest flyers under the guise of giving you an expired raffle ticket.

  • TOGSolidTOGSolid I didn't choose the tiki life, the tiki life chose me Inside a bottle of rumRegistered User regular
    Oh, and someone make sure that I don't forget to bring some extension cords with me this year for console land.

  • TangoTango Registered User
    Awwwwwwww yeah.

  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Hell yeah I'm interested, I don't think I'm leaving until Monday which will be great!

  • CreamsteakCreamsteak Registered User regular
    I will likely attempt to get in on this.

  • MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Definitely gonna have to go to this.

    tLJUH2O.png
    PAX Prime 2016 Status: Bobcat[ X ] Vacation[ X ]
    PAX South 2017 Status: Hotel[ X ] Bobcat[ _ ] Flight[ _ ] Vacation[ _ ]
    3DS: 0946-2465-9686 XBL: Gespo Steam:Malgaras
  • OptimusbryOptimusbry Event Designer Long Beach CARegistered User regular
    PPP was one of my best experiences from last year, cant wait to go again

    Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
    Ravenclaw DE Head of House
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    Woo, this party has become legendary. Also, it happens on my birthday this year. Best birthday party ever.

  • sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    gonna be first time at PAX and this sounds amazing. count me in

  • akjakakjak Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Finally talked husband into staying til Monday, so we're in!

    3DS Friend Code: 3737-9749-7483
    Puzzle&Dragons: 399,873,301
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Registered User regular
    You can count my group in, especially if it's at Jillian's.

    fp4hy8vbapia.jpeg
  • KaneBlaireauKaneBlaireau Registered User regular
    Not sure how I missed this in the past! Will do my best to rectify that this year.

  • bohemianbohemian Registered User
    Myself and 2 buddies are coming down from Vancouver for PAX. Its our first time as well! We'd love to drop by if you'll have us!

  • jthom252jthom252 Registered User regular
    I think I'm staying till Monday this year, so assuming I don't turn into a total zombie by Sunday I'd be down for this :)

  • ArcticLizardArcticLizard Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    This party sounds great, count me in :)

  • polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    Flying back on Monday instead of the train means less concern about being up so early - so I most definitely plan to be in attendance this time!

    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
«1345678
This discussion has been closed.