As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 4th Annual Post-PAX Party - REGISTRATION IS LIVE.

• AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    How about having Jonny Nero open again for whoever is the main musical performer? I know he enjoyed it and it would be fun to see him perform again :)

Seconded! ;D

Thirded! Jonny Nero has some incredible energy up on stage and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him perform twice last year.

East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I am down with this. You could always use some United States Navy Sailors to spice up a party with some alcoholism.

FTFY :D

(Merchant Marines ftw)
    Oh yea, I went there

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • SaldekSaldek Registered User regular
    You could always use some United States Navy Sailors to spice up a party with some awesomness.

Lolz. I didn't think that sentence could exist.

(-another merchant mariner AKA a real sailor :D )

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Saldek
    DS Friend Code - 5300-9697-9935
  • edg2000edg2000 Registered User regular
    and what is that supposed to mean? Granted im a former US sailor... even though i stayed on land the whole time fixing aircraft...

I seriously cannot wait for this.

Enforcer Years: P10 P11 P15 W16 W17
    7 PAX veteran
    edited June 2012
    Exactly! I've yet to met many Navy guys who actually sail.... Which then requires some teasing when they claim to be able to party like sailors....

Now can it hurry up and be August already?

Saldek on
  • Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    TICKETS. NOW. While I have money. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    TICKETS. NOW. While I have money. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

I agree with this sentiment.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • ToasterDylanToasterDylan Registered User regular
    Totally down to go again this year. Had a blast last time, played a bunch of Rock Band with some great folks.

Seein' the freakin' Protomen was just icing on the delicious PAX-ending cake.

• ArcoArco Registered User regular
    Hey all! Just wanted to give you an update:

Initial conversations with Jillian's are good, we're definitely on and ready to move forward. I'll be setting up the ticket sales and everything in the next week.

Band conversations are a little slower. The Protomen are gearing up for a tour and they've recently had a CRAZY time, teaming up with Tenacious D and all. Getting ahold of them has been difficult, but I'm trying.

Progress continues!

Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    Does anyone have the price from last year so I can potentially gauge the price for this year?
    I would love to do this but I need my money set aside now.

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
    BombClancy wrote: »
    Does anyone have the price from last year so I can potentially gauge the price for this year?

If you click on Arco's Post-PAX Party link it'll take you to last year's thread; it lists the ticket price as $40.

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Arco wrote: »
    The Protomen are gearing up for a tour and they've recently had a CRAZY time, teaming up with Tenacious D and all. Getting ahold of them has been difficult, but I'm trying.

If you need more connections let me know. We have them. xD
    But, they are performing at PAX and the following Monday, so it might not be so easy to get them in there, but we gotta try!

Anyway we just want to help out in any way we can. Either way, most of us will be there to capture the craziness on film again.

NSw0gum.png
  • afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    Even if the Protomen don't play, they need to be there... those guys where great to BS with.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
    afeil117 wrote: »
    Even if the Protomen don't play, they need to be there... those guys where great to BS with.

I'd totes pay for their tickets if they wanted to come just to hang out. :3

wWuzwvJ.png
  • BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    Saldek wrote: »
    BombClancy wrote: »

If you click on Arco's Post-PAX Party link it'll take you to last year's thread; it lists the ticket price as $40.

Thanks for the heads up^ I didn't see it in the signature line nor did I think that a thread from last year would still be available!
    p.s. Yay for photos!

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Dude, I am more than willing to pitch in to party with those guys.

Also, yes Bomb, the pics from last year win... and make me so ready for this year I cannot define it. I would say that the last two PPP's have been my favorite part of the whole PAX experience.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Dude, I am more than willing to pitch in to party with those guys.

Yar, they're fun to drink with. I did Jaegerbombs with em last year and shot the shit with Murphy for a while. Good times. :D

wWuzwvJ.png
    I totally ran around like a whore getting all of them to sign my copy of the record... I think I got everyone, but those guys are like Lynyrd Skynyrd... there are a million of them.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
    So, good news and bad news.

Bad news is that The Protomen are out this year. They're going to be on the end of a long tour and they're already playing Friday (PAX) and Monday (El Corazon), so they've politely declined our invitation. They said they might come and hang out, though.

Good news is that Coldbrew has graciously offered to help wrangle us a musical line-up, so we're working on that right now. Not sure who's going to be there yet, but I'll make announcements when we have final info.

Ticket sales are still getting set up. I have to do all the math, set up the EventBrite page, etc. It's a bit of work and unfortunately I'm quite busy these days, but it'll happen. SOON.

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    I've actually been really enjoying contacting a bunch of bands and performers, it's been fun.

I just got one, if not two confirmed. The third I'm still waiting to hear back from, but they are interested!

Yeah it's a bummer not having the Protomen performing, but they're doing other shows so it's no big deal. This is still going to be an awesome show and event though, I can't wait!

NSw0gum.png
  • Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    This'll be my first PAX, so I think me and the girlfriend will have to hit this up for sure!

This'll be my first PAX, so I think me and the girlfriend will have to hit this up for sure!

Trust me my friend... come once, and you will come every year from now on... this is my favorite part of the whole weekend. No better way to wrap up PAX.

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular

It's basically amazing. Last year was my first year, and I went to this...A fabulous way to end what was already an awesome time. I think you'll have a blast.

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    will be there :D

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • AractorAractor Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    My second PAX, and the first PAX I'll be able to stay for closing ceremonies...I can't wait to hit up the post-PAX party, sounds like it's going to be sweet. :D

Aractor on
    Attended: Prime 2011, Prime 2012, Prime 13, Prime 2014
    Enforced: West 2015, West 2016
    76561197962492129.png
    edited July 2012
    Uh... oh... what's this? A registration link? I'll just leave this here...

http://p32012.eventbrite.com/

Some details:

Ticket price is $40. Same as last year's Prototicket price, so the money for the bands is folded in here.

We haven't nailed down the musical lineup yet, but Jonnny Nero Action Hero is confirmed. Coldbrew, the MAGFest crew, and myself are working hard to get some other talent lined up, and I have no doubt we'll succeed.

Raffle donations are separate as always, but PLEASE contribute! Last year we had over $850 in raffle donations, and it was really cool giving away awesome stuff like a Tauntaun sleeping bag.

I've been in contact with Penny Arcade, and they're going to kick us some great bonus swag to raffle off again this year. Last year we had a few PAX tournament medals, which was a great touch.

*runs off to edit the main page and watch his PayPal get locked AGAIN*

Arco on
    First ticket purchased before I could even finish editing the OP. <3

• kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    I am so excited for this! I'm waiting on a couple other people to let me know if they are going so we can buy all the tickets at once for convenience. On that note, how many tickets total are there?

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
    300 tickets total, and the EventBrite page displays a running tally of how many are left. We do tend to sell out rather quickly, so watch it carefully!

• skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    In like Flynn

why are you smelling it?
    Awesome! My team will be getting their tickets very soon, I'll probably buy mine here in a few minutes.

Are some of you waiting to hear the final band lineup before getting a ticket? Arco mentioned that Jonny Nero would be returning. We have another performer confirmed (maybe some of you have seen him as part of a band on the PAX main stage before?), and we're still working on the headliner. I'll make a post as soon as we get it figured out!

NSw0gum.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Fuckin' bought'd. BACK FOR ROUND THREE, Arco =)

• nianianianianiania Registered User regular
    Ticket Status: BOUGHT.

See you fools at the party.

2014 Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament
    Hufflepuff: Death Eaters / Head of House
    20 tickets gone in a few short hours!

• Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    Ticket acquired! Your party rocked my world last year, can't wait for this year!

• MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    Aaaaahhhahahahaaaaaa.... muuuaaaahahahaahah.... MUUUUAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Ummm... I'm really excited.
    (Also let me know what I can do to help)

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I bought 4, me and my friends will be there.

IhtGIyi.png
    Looking forward to this!!

• CapeguyCapeguy New WestminsterRegistered User regular
    HELL YES! Tickets acquired i cannot wait for this.

edited July 2012
    Ticket get + Donation! I also PM'd you @Arco a couple weeks ago about me bringing back my fighting games. :D

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
This discussion has been closed.