As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MLPFiM: Season 3 November 10th

SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう판다리아Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Social Entropy++
Lilli wrote:
ponycraft2.png

ETWqy.jpg

Season 2 is past and done

tvk5d.jpg

The wedding bells have finally rung.

O1aqX.jpg

Where the villains were new

9i8TP.gif

And Changelings they slew

2qsdH.jpg

And now onto summer reruns.

(Shamelessly stolen from the last thread)

Ground rules continuing in effect:
  • No questionable art/stories/shipping/etc. We do not condone any sexualizing of the characters. Yes, we know The Internet does it. The Internet does that with everything. If people want to prejudge here based on there, that's their issue, but this thread is to be devoid of such content.
  • No linking to full episodes, with the exception of The Hub's website which has an episode or two plus a bunch of clips. The full series (including new episodes as they air) is available on iTunes. DVD releases are scheduled partially released, but only in a single-disc, few episodes at a time format, due to retailers only wanting those as they sell better to parents. Box sets or blu-rays aren't on the horizon at the moment (unless you live in Australia and/or can play R4 DVDs), so iTunes is your official support-the-show-with-dollars purchase spot. If you're not in a country where they offer it there, pester them until they do, I guess. Oh yeah, and season one is now available to stream at Netflix.

Upcoming episodes:
  • Season Three, times and dates TBA

Previous threads:

Other links:

And that's how Equestria was made!

SyzpU.jpg

Guest-posting an OP put together by Lilli. Except I updated a few things and then added this:
YFYKd.png

SabreMau on

• Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    I love that Season 2 poster.

Good OP Lilli.

• LilliLilli Registered User regular
    I guess they ended up closing the thread shortly after I went to bed. Oh well! At least I can post this now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdLhRTfDFo

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Nice OP. Very nice. Time to absorb all the off season antics

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Also, the last thread had 107k views, more than any thread in SE++ going back to page 11 where the animated GIF thread got 123.3k.

The Comic Edits thread is at 106k and will easily pass that, and the Youtube thread probably will too, but it was a well-watched thread nonetheless.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Had I known I was gonna get the last post I would've made it 20% cooler oh do I hate myself for saying that. Solid OP though. Have some of my favorite images.
    mMAps.jpg
    j50nV.jpg
    YgGiJ.jpg
    ye8wp.png
    wfNhi.jpg
    kEhCu.jpg
    Aif8v.jpg
    0POni.jpg

Blendtec on
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Took me a second to realize this wasn't a thread about XCOM. So regarding the DJ, is her name Vinyl Scratch officially, or is that the fan name? I can never get these things straight in my head.

steam_sig.png
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    But this is the traditional royal Pony thread! It is tradition to post pictures, using the royal ponies, and to use

THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR FAVORITES!

the_royal_canterlot_voice__my_little_pony_by_andypriceart-d4yaw30.jpg

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    pmvg0.png

Putting cutie mark decals on things must be a pretty big industry in Equestria.

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    hmm I wonder what thread is abo--

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I wonder how long it will take for pony withdrawal to set in. Hopefully season 2 will make it to Netflix soon.

edited May 2012
    Favorite images is it?

Quantum Tiger on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I like Pinkie's Balloons in the second image.

Well if we're posting some of our favorite images. I'll link this one because it's gigantic Dear Princess Celestia.
    acgti.png
    BjIHh.jpg
    TIYjD.jpg

edited May 2012
    Lilli wrote: »
    Well if we're posting some of our favorite images. I'll link this one because it's gigantic Dear Princess Celestia.

One of my absolute favorites as well! That was drawn just under a year ago wasn't it? I hope somebody does a version, or something similar, for Season 2.

Quantum Tiger on
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Favorite images?
    ibgy312DIkUX1c.png
    iTGCXDHfotVpY.png
    iwhBCgitY9tvg.png
    iKldk5xWy9Y3Z.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    "God I love books" is always going to make me smile, smile, smile, yes it will.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Quantum Tiger posted my absolute most favorite picture ever (Twilight and Rainbow Dash). Nothing will beat that. So here's some inferior pictures. Starting with a linked for huge.

Derp.
    mail__s_in_by_tranquilmind-d3h3otp2.jpg
    you__ve_got_muffin_on_your_nose_by_thedarklordkeisha-d4buw79.jpg
    W0tPI.jpg

And a couple more.
    dvHYo.jpg
    8445120-20Miles_Prower20apple_bloom20artist_chibi-jen20crossover20sonic20tails.jpg

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Probably should mention the first season being on Netflix in the OP.

Other than that, always like seeing this thread. Its a constant source of renewable positive energy.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    At some point in the next week I am going to pick some favourite Season 2 characters and draw them.

edited May 2012
    Personface wrote: »
    I like ponies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-XUNzHpiLw
    Henroid wrote: »
    Quantum Tiger posted my absolute most favorite picture ever (Twilight and Rainbow Dash). Nothing will beat that. So here's some inferior pictures. Starting with a linked for huge.

It's really good, isn't it? The artist does some of the best interpretations of the characters. For example, this is my favorite Spike:
    spike_by_equestria_prevails-d4mnb12.png

Quantum Tiger on
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Favourite pictures from a quick rummage through my several thousand images on Photobucket:
    16f50cbece309b02ef02109b87eb44e8-d3fl79q.jpg

ponypals_by_seniorpony-d3ghftp.png
    f202113e5eff0c557ae6db24427ce930.jpg

wA5Q0.jpg

385920-20big_macintosh20derpy_hooves20dinky_hooves.jpg
    3004420-20Artist_Moe20Dragon20rarity-1.jpg

3322620-20artist_john_joseco20derpy_hooves20dinky.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Favorite Pictures, hmm.
    1310275163804.jpg
    crusader-pony-n1301695186963.png
    Ponymon.png

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Oh, forgot this one:

1869920-20Carrot_Top20derpy_hooves20elosande20I_emptied_your_fridge.png

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!

Right, forgot about that. I think I recall someone saying season 2 would be up there soon but it's not there quite yet.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    SabreMau wrote: »

Right, forgot about that. I think I recall someone saying season 2 would be up there soon but it's not there quite yet.

I'm hoping they get put up sometime this month, because I'm going to be rewatching Breaking Bad to prep for Season 5 and I'm going to need me some charming happiness for some balance.

Damn ponies and their infecting other aspects of my life. I've been replaying Red Dead Redemption and for some reason all I can think is how much more awesome my horse would be if it was wearing a cowboy hat and bantering with Marston.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    That s2 poster has crackle so it is the best poster.

jCyyTSo.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh god dammit

I had no idea what this title was about so I clicked on the thread

SABRE

CYpGAPn.png
    Having people wondering about what this thread is about is a wonderful side effect to Sabre's decision to not include "MLP" in the thread title.

Syphyre wrote: »
    Having people wondering about what this thread is about is a wonderful side effect to Sabre's decision to not include "MLP" in the thread title.

I'm betting that for every forumer who've commented there's been a dozen+ more who's done the same haha.

I did the same thing more than a year ago and here I am today :)

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I came into this thread thinking it was something about DJing

How wrong I was

I could make it Lilli's Electro Indie Pony Music Power Hour, I'm sure that would excite people.

edited May 2012
    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    Speaking of music... Hey Ocean! finally got all their stuff up on Amazon, so you can easily support an awesome band who just so happens to have Rainbowdash / Applejack as their lead singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nhssMi2FtA

edited May 2012
    I've been going through Griffinilla's (the guy that does Friendship is Witchcraft) tumblr recently. He has a lot of music snippets that he posts, and most if it is quite good. He doesn't transfer much of it to youtube or dropbox though. These two did make the transfer to youtube though, and I've been enjoying them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu41CNShsrI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXRv_lUKxMA

Lilli on
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    waitwaitwait I got the perfect response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-IxfCCII_E

jCyyTSo.png
  • ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Speaking of music... Hey Ocean! finally got all their stuff up on Amazon, so you can easily support an awesome band who just so happens to have Rainbowdash / Applejack as their lead singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nhssMi2FtA

I am eternally grateful to the fandom for showing me this band through Ashleigh's affiliation with the show. I have since picked up all Hey Ocean!'s music and I absolutely love their style and energy. Their recent single "Big Blue Wave" is fantastic. They should come down to Seattle and play. We're not that far away.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
This discussion has been closed.