As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Panel Proposals & LFG Requests. SUBMISSION DEADLINE: June 29th

SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX West
Want to bounce your panel idea off of the forum community or look for other interested parties to join your panel of awesomeness?

Then go ahead and post them here!!

Please remember though that the panel decision makers will NOT be reading this thread.

When you are ready to submit your panel idea you can wander over to the PAX panels website.

Please keep this discussion on the topic of Panels or Looking For Group for your panels.

and PLEASE PLEASE do not make a new thread for your panel idea. Your thread is more likely to get buried and never seen that way and it makes the Mod's jobs that much harder.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
zerzhul on

• Options
    IronmausIronmaus Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    If you're a game developer who has released a project to an indifferent public and you don't mind talking about it, please drop me a private message. I'd like to talk to you about telling me your story or appearing in a panel tentatively titled "Embracing the Silence."

I'm putting together the panel to specifically address the question "You released a game and nobody cared, so now what?" Did you go through a cycle of disappointment and blame? Did you try to advertise more? Did you make changes or update the game hoping for a better reaction? Did you pester your friends to help you spread the word? Did you abandon the title and start work on your next big thing? Did you tear up your design documents and swear to never make another thing ever?

Every gamer has at least one idea for "the best game ever." With new software and publishing avenues reducing the barriers to entry, more people are getting a chance to make the games they've always wanted to. I believe there's an interesting story that follows the release of a game to meager sales, general disinterest, and the realization that your pride and joy wasn't embraced as the next Zelda.

I acknowledge up front that this panel could get rough for some panelists. If you're not willing to sit in front of an audience and contend with the idea that your game wasn't marketed well, on the right platform, designed well, executed well, or just plain sucks, I'd still love to hear your story, but you may not be right for the panel. I'm also not looking for people who are going to be defensive dicks. I think there's just as much to be gained from telling an audience about our failures as there is to encouraging them with our stories of how we got the chance in the first place.

Anyway, drop me a line with your interest.

Ironmaus on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    ah, nevermind, will private message =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    IronmausIronmaus Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Thanks VT and the others who have mailed me personally. Feel free to spread this outside the PA forums. If you know a developer who isn't on here but might have a story to tell, feel free to give them my e-mail (on gmail.com): matthewsemoore.

Ironmaus on
  • Options
    DapperDaveDapperDave Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I have a couple ideas for panels I'd like to pitch for PAX Prime. But we want 3 more panelists for each before we apply. If you feel interested and qualified to discuss any of these two topics, let me know in the comments or shoot me a message!

How to Run an Honest Kickstarter Campaign

Even as we enjoy the fruit born of the “Kickstarter Spring,” we can see that there’s a storm brewing on the horizon. Backers are growing increasingly skeptical, and rightfully so. How can they trust strangers with their hard earned cash? Or more importantly, why should they? Even honest developers can fail to see their own unethical decisions when their vision is blinded by dollar signs. Don’t make the same mistakes. Join 5 Kickstarted indies as they discuss the 5 things Kickstarters need to start doing to preserve the public’s trust. From backer rewards to stretch goals, we’ll give our opinions about what’s right and what’s wrong regarding crowdfunding. Remember, just because you can launch a successful Kickstarter, that doesn’t mean you can run an honest one.

Genre-Amalgams: Rubbing Two Genre Fictions Together to Get Sparks

Combine a wild western and a space opera and you get Firefly. Put together historical fiction and fantasy and you get A Game of Thrones. Merge horror and comedy and pull out Shaun of the Dead. Wedding two genres together has created some compelling fiction in recent times that has audiences clamoring for more. In this panel, five genre-benders discuss how certain genre tropes can play off each other to craft some interesting results. If you’re an aspiring writer searching for a novel idea to stand out, this is not one to be missed.

Who am I? Dave from Experimental Gamer

DapperDave on
  • Options
    EleriEleri Registered User regular
    Is there a rough idea of when panels will be approved or not?

Linking Book Nerds Unite!
    MYSTERIUM 2014 Spokane, WA
    www.mysterium.net
    Unwritten: Adventures in the Ages of Myst & Beyond
    www.unwrittenrpg.com
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Eleri wrote: »
    Is there a rough idea of when panels will be approved or not?

I don't think anyone on the forums has that information.

From http://panels.paxsite.com
    The deadline to submit panels or panelists is June 29th 2012. If you have any questions about PAX panels or would like to sponsor a panel focused on your properties or brands, shoot us an email at pax_panels@paxsite.com.

• Options
    EleriEleri Registered User regular
    *nod* that was my next step- I wasn't sure if I was just missing some obvious announcement :)

Linking Book Nerds Unite!
    MYSTERIUM 2014 Spokane, WA
    www.mysterium.net
    Unwritten: Adventures in the Ages of Myst & Beyond
    www.unwrittenrpg.com
This discussion has been closed.