As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Beer Steins - SOLD OUT

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Order placed! Pick up with packaging for me.

Thanks for doing this!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • RastRast Keene NHRegistered User regular
    I'm all payed and stuff. Thanks for making this a reality!

Pax East 2015: Hotel [X] Passes [X] PokeCrawl [ ] Pure Joy [X]
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    tsrblke wrote: »
    It's probably too late to do this, but you could have people put their Wepay confirmation number in the form to make them go and pay before they can complete the form. I will confess I almost missed the Wepay link when working on the form because I was doing 3 things at once (like always).

Not a bad idea - we'll see if the reminder works first, but go the suggested route if it's really necessary.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    tsrblke wrote: »
    It's probably too late to do this, but you could have people put their Wepay confirmation number in the form to make them go and pay before they can complete the form. I will confess I almost missed the Wepay link when working on the form because I was doing 3 things at once (like always).

Not a bad idea - we'll see if the reminder works first, but go the suggested route if it's really necessary.

I have a fair bit of experience with google forms and people who don't follow the instructions when filling out said forms. I've learned to be creative in my development to cover all the bases ;). This seemed like the easiest and most logical way to ensure payment without a whole ton of extra work on your end. (Although I confess I've never actually bothered to make a multipage form, so I don't know how much work it'll be to add a question/field. I know the last time I tried to make some changes to one of my forms, the spreadsheet got all borked with sets of open columns where questions used to be. It was easy enough to fix after I closed the form, delete the columns, but it was frustrating as all get out!)

I had considered suggesting a simple "I've paid for my steins using the WePay form." Checkbox, but I'd think that'd be like a "I have read and agree to these terms." box, people would check it without having actually done that. And while 99% of them will go and pay right after that, for roughly the same amount of effort (i.e. adding a question) you can catch the other 1% as well.

Form building, it's a freaken science!

• MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    You are amazing!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for managing this, being a badass and giving me amazing button ideas! :D

• bitterfunbitterfun Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Just picked mine up! Now I'm doing a sexy dance in front of the wife with two steins. What more could you ask for?

• parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    Fuck me. I don't read the forums enough, these look awesome.

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    You are amazing!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for managing this, being a badass and giving me amazing button ideas! :D

Two wives, three steins and dancing at PAX.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    bitterfun wrote: »
    Just picked mine up! Now I'm doing a sexy dance in front of the wife with two steins. What more could you ask for?

What was awesome was that you sent me the email describing the shirt you'd be wearing (with a Venture Bros reference), but I left the house before I got it, so I walked in with no idea who you were. Regardless, we walked in to a crowded bar and I zeroed right in on the only PAXer in the room becuase you had the coolest shirt.

• cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular
    I really thought I was going to make it to Naked City yesterday but it didn't work out... I'd like to get back and pay using the Wepay link, but not sure how to go about doing so... sorry for the trouble, but any direction would be appreciated. I didn't want to simply fill out the form all over again.

• bitterfunbitterfun Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    bitterfun wrote: »

What was awesome was that you sent me the email describing the shirt you'd be wearing (with a Venture Bros reference), but I left the house before I got it, so I walked in with no idea who you were. Regardless, we walked in to a crowded bar and I zeroed right in on the only PAXer in the room becuase you had the coolest shirt.

Better yet, the "IGNORE ME" shirt was my BYOC's group shirt for the first Prime in Seattle. There was a group of 5 of us wandering around with IGNORE ME shirts. Half the people we ran into would make a point of not paying attention to us, the other half knew it was a Venture Bros. reference. It was win win.

• faerielaurelynfaerielaurelyn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    I am most definitely interested!

No, YOU make ME a sandwich!
    Hey all, just a friendly reminder:

If you've ordered steins for pick up don't get an email with the word Confirmation in the title after you place your order, something is amiss and your steins are not reserved. Send me a PM if this is the case.

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    I'm putting down PAX pickup on the google doc form since I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to snag a flight to make it in time for the PPD again. Would I be able to change the pickup location if I get in early enough for either the PPD or pre-PAX game night on Thursday?

I'm putting down PAX pickup on the google doc form since I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to snag a flight to make it in time for the PPD again. Would I be able to change the pickup location if I get in early enough for either the PPD or pre-PAX game night on Thursday?

Sure! There's going to be a few meetups for steins at PAX. Right now only the Pre-Pax Game Night is a sure thing, but other opportunities will be posted closer to PAX.

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Just realized I could delete myself from the PM conversation. My bad for being a grumpy person! So keep on talking that way!

Also, I look forward to seeing y'all at the gaming night to pick up my glass! And not use it because I'm Canadian and 20. >.>

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    I was tempted to whine that you were spamming all of us to tell people to stop spamming all of us, but down that road lies peril.

why are you smelling it?
    Okay, orders are open to everyone as of today. The link to the order form has been posted to the OP.

Also FYI, I've got a ton of stuff going on this week so mail orders may be a little slow to get filled. Sorry about that: I'll get to them as soon as I can.

• Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    I never did get a confirmation # from WePay, just a receipt. I hope that'll be enough.

"Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
    Mystral721 wrote: »
    I never did get a confirmation # from WePay, just a receipt. I hope that'll be enough.

There's no ID number on the receipt?

• TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    I'm not seeing any sort of ID # either.

SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    if you registered for wepay - go into your account then select My Payments in the top right hand corner

then click on the Beer Steins order on the list - it shows you a transaction ID there

there isn't one on the actual emailed / printed receipt that I can see either tho

Edit: should look a bit like this - hmm reposted just the link as I err cba to shrink the image properly ;)

i.imgur.com/JTwwe.png

shadowscout on
  • PapaPinsPapaPins Longview, WARegistered User new member
    Sweet, my brother just ordered (4) steins for our group.
    Can't wait to have it in hand.
    Thanks again LexiconGrrl for organizing.
    Look forward to doing this every year.

• TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    ah . . . I had to use another computer to even see that. the one at my work station has such a piss poor screen resolution that it cuts off 40 of any given webpage. while usually you can just scroll right, wepay's bar at the top of the page does not scroll.

SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    PapaPins wrote: »
    Sweet, my brother just ordered (4) steins for our group.
    Can't wait to have it in hand.
    Thanks again LexiconGrrl for organizing.

I'm not sure this will be an every year thing, but I guess you never know.

• tinedizzletinedizzle Kelso, WARegistered User regular
    just purchased 4 steins, but when I go to my We Pay account it says purchase is pending and wont be completed until July 5th, I got a confirmation E-mail from We Pay. Just want to know if my purchase went through. I also bought 4 boxes and packaging.

• tinedizzletinedizzle Kelso, WARegistered User regular
    tinedizzle wrote: »
    just purchased 4 steins, but when I go to my We Pay account it says purchase is pending and wont be completed until July 5th, I got a confirmation E-mail from We Pay. Just want to know if my purchase went through. I also bought 4 boxes and packaging.
    Just checked again and it is now complete looking forward to getting these Steins when I get to PAX Thanks again LexiconGrrl for putting this together, will see you in 58 days!!!

• teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    Just placed my order, thanks!

Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
    PapaPins wrote: »

Yeah, there are no years printed on the steins, so we might do it more than once, as demand justifies doing more orders, but whether or not it'll be each year is hard to say at this point...

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    @LexiconGrrl Just wanted to touch base with you. I have not received my "Confirmed" email...but I'm guessing it is because I have not paid yet due to the complications I pm'd you about. Just wanted to confirm that my 2 steins are still on hold at this point though right? (Pretty please) 8->

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
    Fenrisfang wrote: »
    @LexiconGrrl Just wanted to touch base with you. I have not received my "Confirmed" email...but I'm guessing it is because I have not paid yet due to the complications I pm'd you about. Just wanted to confirm that my 2 steins are still on hold at this point though right? (Pretty please) 8->

You're good :)

• sociald1077sociald1077 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    1 ordered for shipping!

sociald1077 on
    What did the 0 say to the 8? Nice belt!
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    Mmmm beer.

• Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    parabola wrote: »
    Mmmm beer.
    Heck with beer, mine is destined to be filled with mead. :P

• DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    @LexiconGrrl ordered (sorry about lateness. life's been busy)! Will wepay as soon as I get the link (assuming it's in the confirmation email).
    Thanks a ton for putting all this together.

@steelfire wholeheartedly agree! Steins of mead all around!

5I7JEDi.png
    Just to clarify -

The Google Doc was modified for orders after July 3 to require a WePay confirmation number before the Google Doc could be completed. I understand that the Payment Number isn't easy to find and will try to find a better way to require proof-of-payment on the Google Doc.

I don't actually need the tracking number, as it's easier to track by names (numbers are easy to fat-finger). It's just that so many people were missing the payment link on the Google Doc that it made sense to require some sort of feedback from the payment site.

Basically it drives you to the WePay site so that you don't accidentally order steins without paying for them.

• tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    Lexi,
    I apparently didn't see the payment butto
    Just to clarify -

The Google Doc was modified for orders after July 3 to require a WePay confirmation number before the Google Doc could be completed. I understand that the Payment Number isn't easy to find and will try to find a better way to require proof-of-payment on the Google Doc.

I don't actually need the tracking number, as it's easier to track by names (numbers are easy to fat-finger). It's just that so many people were missing the payment link on the Google Doc that it made sense to require some sort of feedback from the payment site.

Basically it drives you to the WePay site so that you don't accidentally order steins without paying for them.

OK so my suggestion wasn't flawless. Perhaps I didn't think it through well enough. I suppose you could just change the "Wepay number" to "Enter your name here to verify you've paid via WePay already."
    Or a simple "Checking this box verifies that I have paid via Wepay and that failure to pay via WePay will forfeit my Steins."

In any case, I still get my suggestion comission right ;). (J/K of course! Thanks Lexi for doing this.)

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    @LexiconGrrl Just resubmitted my form with payment made! Thanks so much!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • teopehtteopeht Registered User regular
    Do we receive an email confirmation for this that links to a payment site? Should I resubmit?

Ravenclaw fo lyfe.
    If you ordered for shipping, you'll get an invoice via email. If you ordered for pickup, the link is on the second page.

This discussion has been closed.