Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: '"Automata: Prelude" - An Automata Fan Film' by Siege

SiegeSiege Registered User
I made a short fan film set 30 minutes before the original "Automata" comic.

What do you guys think?

SIEGE TV | I made the short film Automata: Prelude. Check out the thread and go watch it here!

• AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    this rules so hard

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I think I love you, that's what I think.

Are you the guy that posted photos of your Swangee man costume forever ago? It looks super familiar.

[e] Or I could click your sig, or the original thread. Cool.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
    Automata-Sg.png
  • The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    All I've got is wow. This is pretty incredible.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • SiegeSiege Registered User
    I think I love you, that's what I think.

Are you the guy that posted photos of your Swangee man costume forever ago? It looks super familiar.

[e] Or I could click your sig, or the original thread. Cool.

I'd be the guy that posted them a year or two ago in this thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/130785/automata-fan-film/

I became distracted by real life events (I was offered a job due to my online escapades), so it took me longer than I thought to finish editing than I'd hoped. Nevertheless, I became extremely obsessed with finishing the film this year. I did what I could with the footage available. I'd love to do more, but it'd require it's own funding at this point.

SIEGE TV | I made the short film Automata: Prelude. Check out the thread and go watch it here!
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    This is fucking fantastic.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    hey

this is stellar

3DS - 3239-3347-2159
    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    This is awesome and you should feel awesome.

steam_sig.png
  • HotandnerdyHotandnerdy Registered User
    Pretty freakin' rad!

girl.jpg
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    Thanks guys! Appreciate the kind words.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning Registered User regular
    Holy crap this was sweet!

• PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Amazing quality. Between the music, filmography, sound quality (good and purposefully bad radio), period-specific attention. Utter quality of work.

If I may ask, what locations were used for the storefront scene at the beginning - it looks like a large city, but I was astonished how... "clean" the facade of the building was.

Just wonderful work. This needs some attention / love from Mike and Jerry if they haven't already!

Edit: It always makes me sad that those little side projects are so short lived. They're so busy, I understand why, and PA is, of course, their main venture, it's what makes Child's Play and PAX happen, but man, you can tell from the way they wrote this series that they had pure book's worth of content imagined in their minds, just ready to be poured out onto paper like a fine wine.

Off to the laboratory to clone Mike and Jerry so that they can put out more content. (Or would that backfire and I'd simply get duplicates of the same content? There is a paradox for another day.

Priest on
    Priest wrote: »
    If I may ask, what locations were used for the storefront scene at the beginning - it looks like a large city, but I was astonished how... "clean" the facade of the building was.

Just wonderful work. This needs some attention / love from Mike and Jerry if they haven't already!

This was all filmed in Statesboro, GA. A small college town about 40 minutes away from Savannah, where I was living at the time. It's called the Emma Kelly Theater. At the time, we were shooting guerrilla style without their permission, which limited the kind of shots I could get.

Thank you very much for the kinds words! If you want to support the film, then help me keep the thread in my signature alive and use the hashtag #automataprelude on Twitter. I'd greatly appreciate it.

This will likely not get posted on the front page, but it's nice to know that people have at least seen it and enjoyed it. I plan on doing more (when I can save up the money). They will be vastly superior, as I now work for a production company in Atlanta and have access to all of our equipment, as opposed to 2 lenses and a tripod like I did when I filmed this.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    This is rad. Great work on the mask, too :o

Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room