As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tabletop Gaming] or how Melding rolls 20 on Intimidation

WietWiet Mao MaoRegistered User regular
edited May 2012 in Social Entropy++
I hear some you nerds like dungeons?

d1Cyw.jpg

Maybe even, God forbid, dragons?

5zEDd.jpg

I'm more of a giant robot type meself.

hTu6d.jpg

Lets talk all about hurling dice across tables and cursing at the outcome.

XStly.jpg
Wiet on

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    praise god for niv-mizzet and ravnica returning

• Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    Guys being a barbarian is the best.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Barbarians lack style

Real heroes play fighter

Gumpy on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    All hail Infinity and its catgirl medics

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Barbarians lack style

Real heroes play fighter
    Our group has a fighter too. He has more powers than Silver Age Superman and is constantly in a state of childlike wonder at all the shit he can do.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Speaking of barbarians, you know what was a good game?

heroquest.jpg

HeroQuest, man.

Legba on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Legba wrote: »

heroquest.jpg

HeroQuest, man.

hot damn that looks neat.

I saw a thing recently that was "i'm going to draw a bunch of heroquest shit, but in space"

which gave me the dumb idea i'm still sorting writing up a rough for.

your original picture was neater man.

heroquestfileblog.jpg

Melding on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    it looks like that barbarian is shitting lightning

I can't unsee it

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    So I might be running a Battletech campaign for a bunch of people I know and I'm currently looking for ways to spring ambushes. I need to make sure a bunch of practically superhuman soldiers in giant robots get scared shitless of desert nomads (who also have giant robots).

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »

I can't unsee it

you say that like that isn't awesome.
    Wiet wrote: »
    So I might be running a Battletech campaign for a bunch of people I know and I'm currently looking for ways to spring ambushes. I need to make sure a bunch of practically superhuman soldiers in giant robots get scared shitless of desert nomads (who also have giant robots).

make the nomad mechs cannibals.

• Options

I can't unsee it

Looks like a wizard high-five to me

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Goddammit I was working on an OP for the past couple hours of work and was just waiting until I got home to proofread and post it.

God. Damn. It.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »

heroquest.jpg

HeroQuest, man.

hot damn that looks neat.

I saw a thing recently that was "i'm going to draw a bunch of heroquest shit, but in space"

which gave me the dumb idea i'm still sorting writing up a rough for.

your original picture was neater man.

heroquestfileblog.jpg

Ah yeah, but then I was like "oh hey maybe I should feature this awesome barbarian art."

But yeah, both HeroQuest and it's bastard cousin/sequel, Warhammer Quest were pretty great.

• Options
    Blame Melding I got forced into making this thing.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Anyone ever play that old Mutant Chronicles boardgame

It was fun

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

I can't unsee it

you say that like that isn't awesome.

make the nomad mechs cannibals.

The nomads themselves don't eat people, their mechs consume other mechs

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    MELDING

I'M CALLING YOU OUT

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Doom makes a surprisingly good boardgame.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular

Thunder LRMs.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    MELDING

I'M CALLING YOU OUT

Hi.

• Options
    MELDING

I'M CALLING YOU OUT

Hi.

I called dibs, you goose.

• Options
    Although to be fair my real computer seems to have decided it is no longer interested in being connected to the internet.

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Doom makes a surprisingly good boardgame.

I've heard good things about the system! I completely passed it over because of the tie-in, but hopefully I'll get to play it at some point.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    MELDING

I'M CALLING YOU OUT

Hi.

I called dibs, you goose.

Technically, you didn't.

You thought you should.

Also, Wiet did this of his own free will, he was claiming about not having a thread to talk about battletech in and i was like "then fucking make it you baby" while flexing really hard and looking cool. and then this happened.

Plus you could probably ask wiet to put up your OP and he's a nice guy, so it will probably work out?

Melding on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Another great game is RoboRally

340px-Roborally.jpg

Where you get a card of hands to program your robot with to try and win the race. Twist? You have to program about five movements and attacks at the begining of every round, and you don't know how other players' movements are going to fuck with your plans. Plus the race is held through a factory full of conveyor belts, deadly lasers and bottomless pits. Deaths are frequent and general fuckery doubly so.

Legba on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Let me tell you folks about a board game called Twilight Imperium.

It's like MoO the boardgame.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options

so you play as cows?

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

heroquest.jpg

HeroQuest, man.

Played this game exactly one time.

Still day dream about how awesome it was.

• Options

so you play as cows?

No.

MoO is an abbreviation for Masters of Orion.

• Options
    I wanna play hero quest.

Or maybe Descent: Journeys into the dark

Or some kinda game like that.

• Options

so you play as cows?

No.

MoO is an abbreviation for Masters of Orion.

i see.

So you play as constellations? Cause that sounds more awesome.

Leo just killed the big dipper! my god!

• Options
    I wanna play hero quest.

I was this close to buying Descent, because it looks badass. But there's a new edition coming out this year, so I'm holding out for that.

• Options
    I wanna play hero quest.

I was this close to buying Descent, because it looks badass. But there's a new edition coming out this year, so I'm holding out for that.
    oh really?

I'll have to look at ordering that.

• Options
    edited May 2012

Thunder LRMs.

Might work but what sort of nomad would be putting minefields all over the terrain they'd be travelling through?

I'm gonna go and tell the story behind this mission because Battletech lore is super cool.

When the Clans are first established in one of the first things they do is mount a big joint campaign on the five worlds they were forced to abandon. On the planet Babylon, Clan Sea Fox is tasked to root out desert nomads. Who have pristine mechs, know how to use them and also are familiar with the terrain. Clan Sea Fox on the other hand has to struggle with not knowing where the hell they're going, not knowing where all the bloody nomads are, and constant equipment failure because of all the sand. The nomads used hit and run tactics so well that there started to be legends surrounding one mech in particular, and the so called Callandra Witch.

The legend of the Callandra Witch starts when the desert nomads began retaliatory attacks upon the Sea Foxes. As the story goes, Khan Karen Nagasawa was preparing her troops for an attack upon a mountain city when she saw a figure in the distance. The dancing nomadic witch, replete with ceremonial desert garb, mystic jewelry made from animal—and human—bones, was shaking a staff capped by a skull and clearly bringing a hex of sorts down upon the Foxes. Suddenly, the figure disappeared in a swirling cloud of dust, only to be replaced by a battered Thunderbolt mech decorated with human skulls and bones, which led a couple of other mechs into the attack. They disabled two Clan ’Mechs, dragging one back into the desert before the rest of the Sea Fox warriors could come to their assistance; all four ’Mechs disappeared into another dust devil, with the image of the witch briefly visible before also disappearing. It apparently traumatised the clans so badly the legend still lives on in the present time in-universe, with the indestructible Thunderbolt still out there ruining Clanners and running off into the sands.

I want to recreate this and basically make them fear for their lives, because probably up untill then they'd be tearing through enemies like a knife through butter because they're elite of the elite.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    My OP, may it rest in peace.
    Might I present, the world of

Terra Sonore

New around these parts? Here is a brief history of Terra Sonore, as penned by Donalbain Mcleaighn.
    The modern age begins with the King, and his formation of the nation of Roquinarol. Roquinarol dominated the temperate plains and forests of the continent of Getare, stretching from the arid deserts of the West to the misty blue mountain home of the dwarves and the orcish lands of ice and snow of the North. Following the loss of the King, there was no immediate successor to the kingdom of Roquinarol, and a succession crisis ensued. The Beetle Empire, as governed by the premier adventurers Giorgio Harristoni, Ringus Starr, John Lennox, and Paulson Cartney, ended up on top of this succession crisis, due in part to assistance received from the Eladrin rulers of the world of the Fae. The world of Fae quickly established a foothold in this new world as well, taking over the whole of the continent Baisse to serve as their empire Glamdrys, ruled by the elven Stardust King.
    The Beetle Empire had no longevity, however, and soon split amongst its four coregents. Ringus established the United Sovereign States of Ringus on the Eastern front, building a great wall to keep out the orcish hordes, John and his new bride, the Eladrin Yokono established the empire of Lennox, Paulson the kingdom of Carney, and Giorgio the kingdom of Harristonia. Amidst this political turmoil, the heroic age continued, and new groups of adventurers and explorers seemed to be appearing every day. A tower of wizardry was built in Cartney, and a group of adventurers built a massive dirigible out of lead to properly explore the limits of the world.
    It was in these explorations that two other major land masses were discovered. A gnomish kingdom existed to the far North, a large island which they called Rofonos, and a relatively unpopulated tropical archipelago which the explorers named Droomki lay directly south of the Kingdom of Cartney. When news of this island reached the elves of Glamdrys, the Stardust King had a contingent of his people sent forth to form the colony of Discos on these islands, subjugating the local thri-kreen people in the process. Meanwhile, the Orckind hordes grew stronger and stronger, and began a near constant assault upon the wall of the USSR, severely taxing the resources of Tsar Starr.
    Turmoil brewed in the other human kingdoms as well. Giorgi Harristonia found himself dealing with rebellion, and soon was forced to step down while his people re-established his kingdom as a free republic. Emperor John died, leaving the reins of Lennox to Empress Yokono, a change much protested by her primarily human populace. In Cartney, an evil warlock known as Mickey Laren opened up a portal to Hell, and before he could be stopped a number of demons managed to creep through and hide themselves amongst the human populace. Soon the Kingdom of Cartney was finding itself host to scores of new part demon children, often cast out by their parents and left to roam the forest or city streets on their own. Considered savages and degenerates (and occasionally for good reason, in the case of the cannibalistic Ramone family), these new “tieflings” lived separate lives, in small little gangs, up until being united by a legendary bard known today as the Strummer.
    The Strummer attempted to call together the different offshoots of the tiefling race, all of their gangs and families, to unite and take Cartney by force. The Cartney royal dynasty, however, was not so easily bested, and soon pushed back this unified force to the sea. The remaining tieflings ended up stealing a number of boats and set course for the colony of Discos, resulting in an extremely brief clash of forces before the entire archipelago was theirs.
    In the second half of the third century, new races began to emerge from the area, races nobody, not even the intrepid (and tragically, now lost) explorers of the Leaden Dirigible had sighted. Massive men like stone walked down from the mountains, and a race of dragons that walked like men was discovered in the Western desert. These people mostly kept to themselves, but soon adventurers from their lands were wandering into the four human lands freely. Interbreeding of races became increasingly common as time progressed, particularly between orcs and humans and elves and humans. From one of these such couplings arose one of the greatest adventuring heroes known to the world, Frederick von Mercure, the half elf son of a modest human merchant and a powerful elven queen. Until his tragic death, Mercure travelled the world with a party of like minded adventurers, welcomed in any nation or locale as one of their own.
    During the fourth century, even greater racial diversity began to arise, with half dwarf half human crossbreeds forming their own villages, primarily centered around their religious and cultural leader Cobaine. Creatures from the elemental worlds began to magically reproduce with humans, and the genasi were born amongst men, each with glimmers of their true nature under a mostly human exterior. By the fifth century the dragonborn had become more and more prevalent in the human lands, and the goblins, classically slaves to the Glamdrys Empire, began escaping the borders of the empire, proving themselves skilled inventors with the creation of their sentient war machines, the warforged. Strange creatures made of a harsh black stone like substance have been spotted in a metallic floating island.
    The year is now 473 Anno Regis. Terra Sonore is a land of chaos and political intrigue, full of political assassins, cults to demons and worse, ancient wizards’ conflicts, and, most importantly, adventurers. Will this be the day that you take the stand to carve out a name for yourself, a destiny amongst the stars, or will it be the day the spark within you, your soul, your ego, your music, dies?

Here's a list of nations and regions (fairly in progress):
    The Free Republic of Harristonia
    A human republic led by a prime minister (currently Engelbert Humperdinck). Major locations include:

The Kingdom of Cartney
    A human kingdom led by the descendents of Paulson Cartney. Major locations include:
    The United Sovereign States of Ringus
    A human dictatorship governed by Tsar Ringus Starr. Major locations include:

The Empire of Lennox
    A primarily human empire ruled by Empress Yokono. Major locations include:

The Empire of Glamdrys
    A Fae Empire ruled by the Stardust King. Major locations include:

The Unbound Knot
    A series of primarily tiefling occupied islands functioning largely in a state of anarchy. Major locations include:

The Misty Blue Mountains:
    A mountain range ringing the northern borders of Getare. Contains the dwarven kingdoms. Major locations include:

The Western Desert
    A region

The Confederacy of Elven Detractors

The Land of Ice and Snow

The Floating City of the Razor Lo
    Major
    The Island of Rofonos

And how about some important figuess from the past and present (perpetually in progress):

Advanced Combat Defense Corp- a notoriously brutal army of mercenaries, offers to do dirty deeds for dirt cheap.
    Aero Smithy- one of the highest end weapons manufacturers.
    Alan Parsons Project- a pair of eladrin mysticists searching for religious truths and meaning.
    Alistair Cooper- half-orc vampire bard, owns his own private castle famed for the brutal and public ways he tortures his foes.
    Madamoiselle Palmer- fire genasi travelling bard and notorious thief.
    Andrew Wilkes Krier- tiefling political advisor for hire.
    Awkwua- team of goblin cartographers and explorers.
    Arctic Monks- a monastery of genasi seeking to reconcile their adversarial elemental natures. Stationed in the far north, near the peak of one of the gnomish mountains.
    The Fifty Two Bees- a network of assassins, led by a half elf master known only by his initials- FS.
    The Beetle Empire- direct successors to the original king and origin of the four divided human kingdoms.
    Folding Benjamin- half elven master criminal, second story man, and contortionist.
    Major William Idol- Elven warlord raised by the tieflings of Inoculos, defected from an Inoculos pirate brigade and now works alone.
    billy joel
    Baron Johann- ruler of one of the entrances to the underdark, the drow city Jo'Vi.
    The Black Keys- Dwarven druid and half elven monk adventuring duo.
    The Devotees of the Black Sabbath- Orcish warlock coven and death cult.
    Blue Oyster Cult- half-orc cult devoted to the study of the faerie world.
    The Blur- half elven rapid response mercenary team. Headed by Damian, who pilots a rudimentary mechanical suit of armor designed to mimic the abilities of dragons.
    The Bloodhound Gang- a famously crude and uncultured mixed race group of bounty hunters.
    Bruce of the Dawning Spring- Human ranger rumored to steal from the rich travellers who pass through his forest to give to the poor of the surrounding areas. Most likely a myth.
    The Elephant Cagers- alleged poacher team of half elves, fire genasi, and apparently a strange half dwarf/half human crossbreed.
    CAKE- a travelling circus. Notably features the world's strongest goliath, an earth genasi tamer of wild animals, and a water genasi magician.
    Joe Strummer- tiefling bard and general of the tiefling contingent during their brief clash eith the elven occupied colony of Discos.
    CCR- a gang of halflings who travel by riverboat up and down the river separating the border between Cartney and Lennox.
    The Cure- an urban death cult that formed in Lennox, headed by half elf invoker who has a nearly godlike status amongst his followers, referred to only as Our Dark Smith.
    The Daft Punks- cogenerals for the Warforged Liberation Front.
    The Dandy Warriors- professional freelance wilden and half elven secret agents and spies.
    The Hillside Thickets- a cult that worships creatures from beyond the stars. The leaders are known as the Darkest.
    The Dead Ks- a black ops corp used back in the Clash. Rumored to still be active.
    The Decemberists- a plains travelling gypsy caravan, composed of an eclectic composition of various races.
    DEVO- a small guild of half elven tinkers attempting to meld magic, technology, and thd flesh.
    Divinyls- a human adventuring party. Presumed dead.
    Don McLean- halfling bard.
    The Doors- an adventuring party of wilden and humans.
    The Dresden Dolls- fire genasi bard and tiefling barbarian.
    Richard Alynn- a one armed drow ranger with a famously poorly trained leopard animal companion.
    The Eagles- a volunteer/self monitoring rangers guild protecting the plains of Roquinerol free of national borders.
    The Metal Raptors- half orc and half elf lawman duo, contracted by the king of Cartney to patrol his desert borders and protect against a perceived dragonborn threat.
    The Electric Six- a gang of tiefling weather mages. Known to operate certain toll sectors of the ocean, demanding a fee for a prevailing wind.
    Elvis C'Stellio- a half elven poet who has worked in several royal courts.
    Elrich of Clapton- a dwarven bandit and highwayman.
    Sir John, champion of Elton, captain of the elite honor guard of the Stardust King.
    Fight Like Apes- a group of savage fire genasi terrorists. Motives unclear.
    Fine Young Cannibals- a human adventuring party who famously got trapped in a dungeon and were forced into consuming one another.
    Florence- a strange air genasi who supposedly holds the sole access to a mysterious and powerful machine.
    Archduke Franz Ferdinand- a poor fire genasi who, through a mishap of mistaken identity, was crowned an archduke of Lennox.
    Francis Nikoli- an earth genasi religious scholar and historian.
    The Fratellis- a family of fire genasi thieves.
    The Seekers of Genesis- a group of mysticists, primarily eladrin and gnomes, looking to discover the origins of and meaning of life.
    The Gogol Bordello- a notorious house of ill repute run by the Gogol family, it is rumored to provide certain unusual services. While technically in Harristonia, the family defends itself violently enough to prevent anyone from the government from causing problems.
    The GORILLA Project- Damian Allbyrne's powered armor research and implementation group.
    Guess Who- an unnamed group of halfling ecoterrorists and saboteurs. Leaves no name or calling card, but operates with such distinctive style that their attacks are unmistakeable.
    The Throne of the Bow and the Rose- the ruling family of the free haven city of Paradise, just beyond the wall of USSR.
    Harvey Danger- Fire genasi travelling ronin figure.
    The Hot Rats- changeling gang of art thieves.
    Ida Maria- fire genasi warlock with a connection to the world of fae. Primarily operates as a freelance adventurer.
    The White Star- a fabled privateer ship, reputedly captained by a ghost. Its allegiance is unknown, and the pirates who claim to have survived its assaults describe it as a black ship with red sails with a large white star on them.
    The Iron Maidens- an all female orcish siege team.
    Jack of the White- half elf shaman and freelance adventurer.
    The Jedwards- a pair of goblin warlocks seemingly both named Jedward, in service to the Stardust King. Speculation abounds that their studies of what lies beyond the stars had driven them mad.
    Jet-? ??
    The Jethro Theatre- an art opera in Lennox run by Ian Anders, an eladrin.
    Madame Jett- a tiefling warden who runs what is purported to be a nature preserve on her own private island in Discos. Rumor is she uses the preserve to hunt humanoids captured by her roving band of Blackhearts.
    Johnson Cash- a minotaur travelling demon hunter. Gone missing, presumed dead.
    Ian the Curt- tiefling spy in charge of operation Joy Division during the Clash. Integrated himself with half elves in Discos and instigated revolutionary measures.
    Brother Justin- a young cleric and missionary working on assignment in the western deserts.
    Chief Qai'saar- fire genasi chief of police in the capitol of Lennox
    Kan Ye- dragonborn warlock prince of the western desert. Part of the current succession crisis.
    Kegpha- a young human sorceress leading an assault against the tower of wizardry in Cartney.
    The Flower Killers- a devout primal tribe of water genasi known to offer their services as mercenaries.
    The Kills- a mysterious magical assassin duo composed of fire genasi invoker VV and water genasi swordmage Hotel.
    Kynx- an old human druidic circle. Presumed inactive.
    The Crimson King- a major king back in the world of Faerie, this eladrin rarely visits the world of man.
    Archmage Gaga- a highly trained human wizard from a noble family, and the current master of the wizard's tower in Cartney.
    The Leaden Dirigible- an airship originally crewed by dwarven paladin Robert Plant, his halfling rogue page, James, half orc artificer, John Paul Jones, and human wizard John Bonham. Current whereabouts and crew unknown.
    The Campesinos Sanitarium- a private insane asylum run by the Campesinos family in northern Harristonia. Euphemistically nicknamed The Camp.
    The Seekers of Undying Winter- a group of water genasi that believe the key to unlocking their true potential will be reached by becoming one with the ice.
    The Lost Masters of the Fantastical Arts of Obscurity- a pair of dragonborn harlequin style jesters and mysticists. Primarily serve as travelling entertainers, and rumored to be a front for something more sinister.
    Lou Reed- disgraced elven general, exiled from Glamdrys for revealing certain secrets of the world of Faerie.

Or talk about your not rock and roll based roleplaying game shit, whatever.

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular

340px-Roborally.jpg

Where you get a card of hands to program your robot with to try and win the race. Twist? You have to program about five movements and attacks at the begining of every round, and you don't know how other players' movements are going to fuck with your plans. Plus the race is held through a factory full of conveyor belts, deadly lasers and bottomless pits. Deaths are frequent and general fuckery doubly so.

I remember seeing a box set for this at a Toys R Us many many years ago

I can't remember what I ended up getting instead but damn did it intrigue me

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Edcrab wrote: »

340px-Roborally.jpg

I remember seeing a box set for this at a Toys R Us many many years ago

I can't remember what I ended up getting instead but damn did it intrigue me

It's still in print! I had so many good times with this game. It's really big on the "fuck with the other players" aspect, while at the same time you really don't know how their movements are going to line up with your plans. Having someone accidentally knock you one square off from your intended path - or turn you 90 degrees, or whatever - and knowing that your bot is now on a programmed path right into a bottomless pit happens like... every new hand. It's a great beer and pretzels game.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular

Thunder LRMs.

Might work but what sort of nomad would be putting minefields all over the terrain they'd be travelling through?

I'm gonna go and tell the story behind this mission because Battletech lore is super cool.

When the Clans are first established in one of the first things they do is mount a big joint campaign on the five worlds they were forced to abandon. On the planet Circe, Clan Sea Fox is tasked to root out desert nomads. Who have pristine mechs, know how to use them and also are familiar with the terrain. Clan Sea Fox on the other hand has to struggle with not knowing where the hell they're going, not knowing where all the bloody nomads are, and constant equipment failure because of all the sand. The nomads used hit and run tactics so well that there started to be legends surrounding one mech in particular, and the so called Callandra Witch.

The legend of the Callandra Witch starts when the desert nomads began retaliatory attacks upon the Sea Foxes. As the story goes, Khan Karen Nagasawa was preparing her troops for an attack upon a mountain city when she saw a figure in the distance. The dancing nomadic witch, replete with ceremonial desert garb, mystic jewelry made from animal—and human—bones, was shaking a staff capped by a skull and clearly bringing a hex of sorts down upon the Foxes. Suddenly, the figure disappeared in a swirling cloud of dust, only to be replaced by a battered Thunderbolt mech decorated with human skulls and bones, which led a couple of other mechs into the attack. They disabled two Clan ’Mechs, dragging one back into the desert before the rest of the Sea Fox warriors could come to their assistance; all four ’Mechs disappeared into another dust devil, with the image of the witch briefly visible before also disappearing. It apparently traumatised the clans so badly the legend still lives on in the present time in-universe, with the indestructible Thunderbolt still out there ruining Clanners and running off into the sands.

I want to recreate this and basically make them fear for their lives, because probably up untill then they'd be tearing through enemies like a knife through butter because they're elite of the elite.

Throw in some weather/visibility rules, hidden setup, ghost targets, maybe use a variation on the double-blind rules?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I wanna play hero quest.

I had a copy of Hero Quest I was going to run in SE as a choose your own adventure type game where there were four players and anyone could shout out instructions at any time and whichever of them I found to be the most hilarious/least well advised I would play out in the game board.

Unfortunately I lost it during my last move. Finals coincided with my move-out date and all hell broke loose.

This discussion has been closed.