As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] That's SOOOO Draven!

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    sorry but painhouses got preempted for me by NBC showing 3 episodes of community last night

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    Darius sounds like Garen on steroids. The power creep is so plainly evident.
    His ult is more like Cho's because of the true damage+a Varus explosion kicker on top of it. That's ridiculous. I feel a little bit of J4 in him also.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i was going to call his ult feast bladesurge expunge

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Sounds like a Day 1 for me anyway, which I haven't done for awhile.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Sounds like someone I will ban every game just to grief.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    I wonder how Teemo will do against Darius. Just because I like any excuse to play Teemo.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Mazlo wrote: »
    - Hemorrhage (Passive): Darius aims his attacks strategically, causing his to target bleed. This effect stacks up to five times.
    - Decimate: Darius swings his axe in a lethal circle. Enemies struck by its blade take more damage than those struck by its shaft.
    - Crippling Strike: Darius's next attack severs a crucial artery. As the target bleeds out, their movement and attack speeds are slowed. Crippling Strike's cooldown is lower the more bloodied its target.
    - Apprehend: Darius hones his axe, granting him passive armor penetration. When activated, Darius sweeps up his enemies with his axe's hook and pulls them to him.
    - Noxian Guillotine (Ultimate): Darius leaps to an enemy champion and strikes a lethal blow, dealing true damage. This damage is increased for each stack of Hemorrhage on the target. If Noxian Guillotine is a killing blow, its cooldown is refreshed.
    Burnage wrote: »
    So Darius is a tanky bruiser with three gap closers?

That's like nightmare material for anybody ranged without an escape mechanic.

I only see one gap closer: his ultimate. I also like the trade off on his ultimate: if he uses it early to get in range then it deals less damage than it would later in the fight (since the target has no stacks of Hemorrhage if Darius uses it to open.)

His E also has a short range pull/spin but I'd like to think that its range will be the same as Garen's spin. Not to mention Darius also has his another spin (Q) ... two spins on one champ!

His passive grants bonus movement speed, his W slows, his E pulls enemies towards him (although, granted, the effectiveness of that will depend on its range), and his R is obvious.

Basically, if he gets the jump on someone like Varus, they're not getting away.

• Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    So, in fact, you have attested to my statistic that I am apparently the only one who can't play D3. =P

I cannot play D3 too.

Can your computer physically NOT handle the game specs? Or are you just saying you physically do not own the game. Because I HAVE D3. I just can't run it on this POS laptop.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    @Burnage his passive doesn't give movement speed and i don't think you can count a slow that basically requires you to already have been right next to them as a "gap closer" because it won't help you close a gap if the gap already exists

unintentional on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    His reveal says it does;
    At the heart of Darius’ kit is his passive ability: Hemorrhage. Darius’ basic attacks and damaging abilities all cause the target to bleed for additional damage over time. This effect can stack up to five times, also giving Darius some bonus Movement Speed for each enemy champion currently afflicted and granting his other abilities additional effects.

It's not a great gap closer or anything, but it's still added mobility.

• Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    - Hemorrhage (Passive): Darius aims his attacks strategically, causing his to target bleed. This effect stacks up to five times.
    - Decimate: Darius swings his axe in a lethal circle. Enemies struck by its blade take more damage than those struck by its shaft.
    - Crippling Strike: Darius's next attack severs a crucial artery. As the target bleeds out, their movement and attack speeds are slowed. Crippling Strike's cooldown is lower the more bloodied its target.
    - Apprehend: Darius hones his axe, granting him passive armor penetration. When activated, Darius sweeps up his enemies with his axe's hook and pulls them to him.
    - Noxian Guillotine (Ultimate): Darius leaps to an enemy champion and strikes a lethal blow, dealing true damage. This damage is increased for each stack of Hemorrhage on the target. If Noxian Guillotine is a killing blow, its cooldown is refreshed.

I only see one gap closer: his ultimate. I also like the trade off on his ultimate: if he uses it early to get in range then it deals less damage than it would later in the fight (since the target has no stacks of Hemorrhage if Darius uses it to open.)

His E also has a short range pull/spin but I'd like to think that its range will be the same as Garen's spin. Not to mention Darius also has his another spin (Q) ... two spins on one champ!

His passive grants bonus movement speed, his W slows, his E pulls enemies towards him (although, granted, the effectiveness of that will depend on its range), and his R is obvious.

Sounds like a great jungler. For sure, if I learn to jungle this Dyrusarius, I'll have to start legitimately taking smite/flash....I fucking hate flash. It really is a worthless spell. You only take flash because you don't want to learn the other guy took flash, and you can't get away/catch up. Why not create a Blink Dagger like they had in DotA. That was really all I ever needed. :\
    But yeah. Flash in from the bush for a gank, throw down my E (and pray to God I don't miss), W (or aa if W has decent range to allow), pepper in some Q, and when they start to get out of range, gut-check to see if you think R is a good thing to use.
    Also, seems like a good example of "is the enemy flash down? When was the last time they used it?"

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    my teammates have been downright awful lately. so have my opponents. blind pick dominion is kind of a joke

His reveal says it does;
    At the heart of Darius’ kit is his passive ability: Hemorrhage. Darius’ basic attacks and damaging abilities all cause the target to bleed for additional damage over time. This effect can stack up to five times, also giving Darius some bonus Movement Speed for each enemy champion currently afflicted and granting his other abilities additional effects.

It's not a great gap closer or anything, but it's still added mobility.

Which also means, (not that it will ideally happen this way) if there are 2 or 3 tanky melee enemies in a team fight, you can slice each of them for plenty of move speed to run at the squishies behind them.

flash useless hahahaha

being able to do stuff like flash galio ult people is boarderline op

Jars wrote: »
    my teammates have been downright awful lately. so have my opponents. blind pick dominion is kind of a joke

Really, Jars? You manage to carry your team for 1 painhouse with dunkmaster Yi, which you claim was your first time ever, and now you bitch about not being able to replicate against total strangers who know fuck-all about organizing?
    Man up! Get rid of your adult diapers, and learn to make it rain lemonade!

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    So, in fact, you have attested to my statistic that I am apparently the only one who can't play D3. =P

I cannot play D3 too.

Can your computer physically NOT handle the game specs? Or are you just saying you physically do not own the game. Because I HAVE D3. I just can't run it on this POS laptop.

I can't play it because D2 was the dullest game I ever played.

Maybe as dull as playing Sona. Maybe. Anyway I've noticed recently I seem to get hard randomed into a champion when there are still 12-15 seconds left on the timer, what's up with that?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Flash is amazing for most every champ. Olaf and a few others are the only ones I don't take it on. For most, it lets you escape crazy odds, or set up plays you couldn't otherwise get

Maybe as dull as playing Sona. Maybe. Anyway I've noticed recently I seem to get hard randomed into a champion when there are still 12-15 seconds left on the timer, what's up with that?

That happens to me sometimes if I don't hit play now immediately. It's like the time I let tick off is gone but doesn't tell me in the overall countdown.

• sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular

I cannot play D3 too.

I cannot run it on the desktop. MAYBE could squeeze it into the laptop, but I'm poor ATM too.

Walkerdog on MTGO

Sounds like a great jungler. For sure, if I learn to jungle this Dyrusarius, I'll have to start legitimately taking smite/flash....I fucking hate flash. It really is a worthless spell. You only take flash because you don't want to learn the other guy took flash, and you can't get away/catch up. Why not create a Blink Dagger like they had in DotA. That was really all I ever needed. :\
    But yeah. Flash in from the bush for a gank, throw down my E (and pray to God I don't miss), W (or aa if W has decent range to allow), pepper in some Q, and when they start to get out of range, gut-check to see if you think R is a good thing to use.
    Also, seems like a good example of "is the enemy flash down? When was the last time they used it?"

I played a lot of HoN and blink dagger is just miserable. Everyone now gets a gap-closer, etc, enjoy dying infy all squishies/nontoughs/nontanks.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    *second yi game

Jars wrote: »
    *second yi game

Yeah. Fuck you. :P

F my life. I'm on a roll smoking fools with Tristana, and now I have a Xin Zhao support who is being forced there because he locked in 4th pick after we had already determined he was the support.

• PhantPhant Registered User regular

I cannot play D3 too.

I cannot run it on the desktop. MAYBE could squeeze it into the laptop, but I'm poor ATM too.

Hargaad's compy BARELY works for Lol as it is, he is a incredible optimist for spending the monies on D3 because the BEST case scenario there is that it won't play.
    The worst case scenario is that his laptop explodes like a bag of jiffypop on the sun

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

Day 1 for the guy that looks like Legionnaire?

I'm shocked. :winky:

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    Phant wrote: »

I cannot play D3 too.

Hargaad's compy BARELY works for Lol as it is, he is a incredible optimist for spending the monies on D3 because the BEST case scenario there is that it won't play.
    The worst case scenario is that his laptop explodes like a bag of jiffypop on the sun

I guess I missed all the buzz surrounding D3.
    Listen up, you fat fuck! You leave the hamsters out of this! They give me top-of-the-line toastery goodness!
    I'm glad that guy doesn't play LoL...he'd probably go into a diabetic coma after playing Lulu, because she's just tooooooooo sweet.

• SciJoSciJo Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Why not create a Blink Dagger like they had in DotA. That was really all I ever needed. :\

I played a lot of HoN and blink dagger is just miserable. Everyone now gets a gap-closer, etc, enjoy dying infy all squishies/nontoughs/nontanks.

I must say I was pretty perplexed by that comment too.

Anyway, I've become rather apathetic about the whole "OP Flash" thing. It just doesn't bother me that much anymore for some reason.

SciJo on
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    As of late ive found ghost much better than flash on any melee bruiser. People flash away from me and i catch them in 2 seconds anyway, and because i have much higher ms i can hit them a lot more. If i took flash and someone flashed away flashing after them wont probably net me a kill.

Ghost on riven, olaf, trynd, udyr etc is boss.

Draygo on
    Yeah, on bruisers ghost is often the better choice, though I usually still take flash on irelia and udyr, because bladesurge and bear form cover the gap closing anyway

I mean, blink dagger seems like this super-fun super-cool nostalgic item... and then you realize that people who want to win pick up heros like Ali, get blink as their 2nd item, and spend all game blink-butting you into their whole team, or blinking into your whole team, knocking them up, and letting their teammates maul you. Y'know how flash-ali is kind of annoying, but hey, the CD on flash kind-of keeps it from being too insane? Imagine if we knock that CD to like 45-60 seconds. /weep. Other "fun" that could occur: blink-blitz, blink-sion, blink malph, blink nunu-ult, mumu-blink, cho-blink, galio-blink, and so forth. Flash is used by squishies to play defensively and very occasionally as a sweet gap-closer. Blink dagger is the opposite of this and makes it absolutely wretched to play any sort of squishy.

On the plus side, the games would end ~ 25 min as even turtling woudl get hammered pretty good by the team that's ahead, so it's not all bad. 0 comebacks errday.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    @Glal Bilgerat Rumble is on sale today through Monday, FYI. Though you might like to know since you've been waiting for it!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

Day 1 for the guy that looks like Legionnaire?

I'm shocked. :winky:

@Spectrum sucks at Day 1.

see: Diablo 3 :winky:

OrokosPA.png
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    I've still been playing LoL, even with D3. But, honestly, I do not want to play against any Darius, ever, period. I already hate garen enough.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    @Glal Bilgerat Rumble is on sale today through Monday, FYI. Though you might like to know since you've been waiting for it!

I know I havn't been waiting for it.

...because I bought it almost immediately after buying Rumble way-back-when.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Cheers, got and got. <3

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    Guess what happens when two people pick AD carry and play champion chicken until the very last second of picks?

You get no AD carry.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    Guess what happens when two people pick AD carry and play champion chicken until the very last second of picks?

You get no AD carry.

That nevers happens and is 100% false.

You always get 2 AD carries :/

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    Hargaad, I think the only reasonable course of action is to give me your copy of D3

qFN53.png
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I just wanted to say.

Skarner ults win games.

So glad I stuck with him when I day-oned him and he was... not that great. (Mostly just his mana useage.)

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    people filtering 1 at a time to fight you as jax is the best. jax would be so boring if I didn't have CTS

This discussion has been closed.