As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A little something I can't remember about online DS games

BTPBTP Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Games and Technology
I remember enough that the first time you take a new game online with your DS, the game saves the codes and whatever necessary to tie itself with that DS system, and should you ever try to take that game into another DS, you would probably lose all your data and have to start over.

But what exactly triggers this?

Is it simply taking your DS game into a different DS, turning it on, and BAM! Online codes and stuff erased?

Or is it in attempting to go online with your DS game inside a different DS than what it was originally tied to that triggers this?

If I'm not making any sense, here's a hypothetical situation for you: I have Mario Kart DS. Had it since it came out. Taken it online for about 300 races now with my trusty DS Phat. Say I have a friend who wants to play Mario Kart DS with his own DS system, say a DS Lite (to easily show there's a different DS involved). Friend plays my Mario Kart DS inside his DS Lite without ever attempting to take it online, and hands my game back to me after a little while.

Do I need to start over all my online stuff, or will it all still be there?

Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
BTP on

• Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It's usually if you click anything that has the WFC icon next to it that it will reset your codes and such. 99% of the time it will prompt you, too.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    It should still be there. Nothing happens to it until it's accessed.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.