As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mixed Martial Media: The Assassination Of UFC 151 By The Coward Jon Jones

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Discretionary bonuses? How evasive.

Still sucks trying to make a living fighting for only $6 while having to pay training costs and whatnot.

Bas Rutten has a special message:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=818964&l=3308c8da7d&id=146491048754602

Every purchase at the Bas Rutten Store comes with a free DVD.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    wakaranaiwakaranai Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Wow. EA and UFC finally partnering up. EA MMA isn't dead afterall!

Edit: Another surprise: no F bombs from Dana White during his appearance on EA's E3 segment!

wakaranai on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    wakaranai wrote: »

Edit: Another surprise: no F bombs from Dana White!

what now beel

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Options
    beel is all about DFW now

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    And beels heart grew three sizes this day

• Options
    edited June 2012
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

DFW can do things right.

Sometimes.

And beels heart grew three sizes this day
    You mean DFW's heart grew.

Because he hated EA.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Beel's been abducted and replaced with a pod person!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    B:L wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    DFW can do things right.

Sometimes.

Quoted for truth.

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thiago Silva out with an injury.

Wait, shit. You guys already knew that. Umm lets see...it was someone else with a similar name who just announced an injury...
    Thiago Alves out with an injury.

Also a bunch of guys cut by the UFC:

Dongi Yang
    Kamal Shalorus
    Jorge Lopez
    Jeff Curran
    Aaron Rosa
    Efrain Escudero
    Steve Cantwell

unconfirmed cuts:
    Alex Soto
    Eric Wisely
    Mike Massenzio

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I WANT TO SING AND DANCE IN THE STREETS WITH YOU B:L

WE KNEW.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    lol, for real?

They cut Efrain Escudero again?

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    ahahahah

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i wonder why yamamoto isn't cut yet.

part of me would rather see him cut than lose again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wakaranaiwakaranai Registered User regular
    i wonder why yamamoto isn't cut yet.

part of me would rather see him cut than lose again.

If there are any pure strikers in his weight class, that would probably be the best match up for him at this point... Dude hits hard. I dunno if there are any these days though.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I'm surprised that it took so long for Cantwell to be let go. He lost his last 5 fights by UD. That's some TUF winner-esque leniency. Wonder what made him so special?

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Brett Rogers signs with Bellator; feels like he isn't losing in enough organizations: http://www.mmafighting.com/bellator/2012/6/5/3065303/former-strikeforce-heavyweight-brett-rogers-signs-with-bellator

Details about the new EA UFC game, in case you were wondering: http://www.middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8215:its-time-to-go-set-some-abandoned-cars-on-fire-ea-mma-is-back-with-the-ufc-license&catid=34:organizations

Adam Martin (@MMAdamMartin)
    6/4/12 8:05 PM
    Alexander Gustafsson (@AlexTheMauler) has a broken hand and won't be back until October. @SugaRashadEvans and Little Nog are also injured.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    Discretionary bonuses? How evasive.

Still sucks trying to make a living fighting for only $6 while having to pay training costs and whatnot.

Bas Rutten has a special message:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=818964&l=3308c8da7d&id=146491048754602

Every purchase at the Bas Rutten Store comes with a free DVD.

I know if only they had a choice if they wanted to fight for the UFC or not, or to fight at all. It sucks that we're all conscripted into the careers we're in.

8->

Woo new MMA game!

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    holy fuck bj penn will fight anyone

• Options
    i will fight BJ penn

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    Rory will probably ruin BJ penn

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    I can't help but feel like BJ is accepting it cuz Rory's young and hasn't really fully proved himself yet, so he thinks it'll be a nice payday and a way to look like a badass again.

And therefore he'll come in out of shape again and get beat on

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    I am guessing Rory will throw BJ around like a ragdoll once he gasses. If BJ catches Rory in the first round he might just put him away.

• Options
    It's pretty crazy how the previous god of the lightweight division is now essentially serving as a gatekeeper into the top tier

lightweight division is crazy bananas these days

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    The sport is just continuing to evolve and mature. As that continues to happen, fighters will peak younger, have shorter shelf lives, and drop from from top contender to gatekeeper much more quickly.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    Great part 1 of a Dan Hardy doc. Reem style, but more low key.

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    Holy fuck, does BJ have a deathwish?

I hope hes "motivated" for this fight, otherwise its going to look alot like his second fight with GSP, but maybe even worse.

• Options
    [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    The sport is just continuing to evolve and mature. As that continues to happen, fighters will peak younger, have shorter shelf lives, and drop from from top contender to gatekeeper much more quickly.

Uh, I don't know about this. Experience is such a huge aspect of fighting. Some fighters peak young... and some do not. Thats been the case with the UFC since its inception, and I think will continue to be the case. Even with massive growth and huge pressure from below as young, hungry kids fight, older more experienced fighters can still hold their own or dominate.

I just did a quick check, and Ali was 32 when he fought the The Rumble in the Jungle, which was one of the greatest fights of his career. He fought and beat a younger fighter. Obviously this will not always be the case, and in such a physical sport as fighting youth will always carry an advantage. But so does experience, so I think we'll always see a mix of young and old fighters of every skill level, from journey men to contenders to champs and back down to gatekeepers.

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    I didn't hear about this until today. Did any of you guys know?

http://blogs.thescore.com/mma/2012/06/06/tyson-griffin-was-cut-by-ufc-last-november/

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8228:fedor-says-that-m-1-made-up-the-whole-thing-about-him-retiring-hes-not-retiring-anytime-soon&catid=34:organizations

Mike Sawyer (@TOUGHTALKMMA)
    6/6/12 9:16 AM
    Had an interesting conversation with someone VERY close to all the Brock Lesnar stuff. He is fighting THIS YEAR in UFC & not Frank Mir...

• Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    I didn't hear about this until today. Did any of you guys know?

http://blogs.thescore.com/mma/2012/06/06/tyson-griffin-was-cut-by-ufc-last-november/

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8228:fedor-says-that-m-1-made-up-the-whole-thing-about-him-retiring-hes-not-retiring-anytime-soon&catid=34:organizations

Mike Sawyer (@TOUGHTALKMMA)
    6/6/12 9:16 AM
    Had an interesting conversation with someone VERY close to all the Brock Lesnar stuff. He is fighting THIS YEAR in UFC & not Frank Mir...

I wonder if this means we'll see the return of Viking Brock? I would imagine he won't be able to do a lot of WWE stuff if he's training for a real fight. I would really like to see what his WWE contract is worded like, can he take a few months off to train?

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Brock can't not fight Mir. It's just what he does.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    Brock v taker.

I honestly have no idea who they would match him up with if not Mir. No reasons to feed him to Velasquez or Overeem again. Is Big Nog going to be back in action?

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Louie wrote: »
    Brock v taker.

I honestly have no idea who they would match him up with if not Mir. No reasons to feed him to Velasquez or Overeem again. Is Big Nog going to be back in action?

Someone like Roy?

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    He can do jiu jitsu with lavar

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm surprised that it took so long for Cantwell to be let go. He lost his last 5 fights by UD. That's some TUF winner-esque leniency. Wonder what made him so special?
    he broke a muslim dude's arm in front of like 20,000 soldiers. maybe that earned him some space.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Holy fuck, does BJ have a deathwish?

I hope hes "motivated" for this fight, otherwise its going to look alot like his second fight with GSP, but maybe even worse.
    he think he might get ragdolled. god, I hope so.

• Options
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    he broke a muslim dude's arm in front of like 20,000 soldiers. maybe that earned him some space.

Are you sure Razak Al-Hassan is Muslim? I didn't see that mentioned anywhere.