Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Mixed Martial Media: The Assassination Of UFC 151 By The Coward Jon Jones

• B:LB:L Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Poor, poor Frank

Poor, poor @Organichu

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    that is not hendo, that is bendo

Good call. Fixed it.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    NAGA was such a mess, I don't think I'll ever compete at one of their tournaments after how poorly run the last one I was at was. They overbooked it horribly, the score keepers were eating lunch while scoring matches, the refs were over tired and not stepping in when people were tapping, I'll stick with IBJJF, US Grappling and C3.

Yeah...I saw some of the same stuff when I was still doing competitions. They overbook terribly and it really makes the day drag.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    B:L wrote: »
    Poor, poor Frank

Poor, poor @Organichu

first his west linn champion failed, then treetrunk hero injured himself and now frank is leaving
    its like the worst chu-ly ever

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    NAGA was such a mess, I don't think I'll ever compete at one of their tournaments after how poorly run the last one I was at was. They overbooked it horribly, the score keepers were eating lunch while scoring matches, the refs were over tired and not stepping in when people were tapping, I'll stick with IBJJF, US Grappling and C3.

Yeah...I saw some of the same stuff when I was still doing competitions. They overbook terribly and it really makes the day drag.

It's ridiculous, they overbook like crazy and the refs and score keepers get over tired. That's just total shit when that ref is responsible for keeping the guy from snapping things when you're tapping, if the ref is overtired in another sport, oops, he misses a bump that might have gotten a foul, or a foot out of bounds, they miss something with this it could mean surgery for you. All the other tournaments seem to have a pretty early cut off, NAGA just takes as many as they can get.

Xbox live gamer tag--- Poltergeist909
    I AM BULKY BULKOLISIS.

352247-1.png

-Pedro Sauer BJJ mad scientist-
    -10th planet BJJ Freakshow Ronin-
    Finally, the debate is settled once and for all

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

that was such an enjoyable 4 minutes.

steam_sig.png
  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012

I watched his pro wrestling match against one guy and he lost he couldn't beat four guys.

Bob Sapp's pro wrestling matches are the weirdest because he actually wins and can take shots.

Magell on
    Roy Nelson throws down the gauntlet.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I read gauntlet as goblet, and I thought you were saying Roy Nelson turned down food.

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    both nelson's tweet and preacher's post are fantastic

well played sirs

dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Poor, poor Frank

Poor, poor @Organichu

first his west linn champion failed, then treetrunk hero injured himself and now frank is leaving
    its like the worst chu-ly ever

At least in chu-ly, they figured out that you can just watch Hugo in 3D to fix stereoblindness

http://www.slashfilm.com/mans-stereoblindness-cured-watching-hugo-3d/#more-132121

@Organichu

Rory McDonald is all kinds of ready to put a hurting on BJ Penn. And I think he will.

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8614:s&catid=34:organizations

• Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Rory McDonald is all kinds of ready to put a hurting on BJ Penn. And I think he will.

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8614:s&catid=34:organizations

I'd love to see BJ get one last win but I'm certainly not liking his chances.

Xbox live gamer tag--- Poltergeist909
    I AM BULKY BULKOLISIS.

352247-1.png

-Pedro Sauer BJJ mad scientist-
    -10th planet BJJ Freakshow Ronin-
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    Rory is a scary serial killer with dead eyes. He is going to eat BJ's spleen on Live TV and then wonder why people are screaming and running for the exits.

But seriously, he will ragdoll BJ and probably score a GNP TKO.

Feels like Penn has a round to knock him out, guy looks in bad shape even for him.

• Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    Feels like Penn has a round to knock him out, guy looks in bad shape even for him.

cabbage.jpg

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    did someone say bj penn?
    obligatory:
    Spoiler:

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    BJ Penn retired and got fat(ter) and now he's somehow supposed to make a halfhearted comeback by beating one of the best contenders (and wrestlers!) in the division?

He's only got 2 stoppages in the last 4 years. This is important because unless he TKO's/Submits Rory early, Rory will outwork him in the 2nd and 3rd round, especially if Rory takes BJ down and wrestles all over him á la GSP

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    Spoiler:
    Neli wrote: »
    BJ Penn retired and got fat(ter) and now he's somehow supposed to make a halfhearted comeback by beating one of the best contenders (and wrestlers!) in the division?

He's only got 2 stoppages in the last 4 years. This is important because unless he TKO's/Submits Rory early, Rory will outwork him in the 2nd and 3rd round, especially if Rory takes BJ down and wrestles all over him á la GSP

I like how you don't mention anything about Rory outworking BJ in the 1st round.

Nick Diaz will continue to fight.

The guy he's seeking to be his next opponent?
    Spoiler:

I'd watch both those dudes fight anyone.

Spoiler:

I'd watch that. Nick is only 2 inches shorter than Anderson. If he packed on a little muscle, the size difference wouldn't be that crazy.

That would be the best standup fight ever.

edited July 2012

Spoiler:

I'd watch that. Nick is only 2 inches shorter than Anderson. If he packed on a little muscle, the size difference wouldn't be that crazy.

Nick Diaz has no footwork. Anderson Silva has really incredible footwork.

It would be Diaz/Condit times a million.

and here's a picture of bas rutten getting naked in his hotel
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=902338&l=fcb6d2c3d7&id=146491048754602

B:L on
    Midshipman
  • BecomingBecoming Registered User regular

I'm not ashamed to say I clicked that link.

Kana
  • MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular

Spoiler:

Nick Diaz has no footwork. Anderson Silva has really incredible footwork.

It would be Diaz/Condit times a million.

Except that it would end with Diaz being beaten into a pulp. I'd buy that ppv for sure.

midshipman.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Becoming wrote: »

I realized what I was doing mid click and made absolutely no attempt to stop myself.

steam_sig.png
    ChillyWilly
    I clicked it, too. I don't care. Bas is in great shape for a man his age.

• ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    Diaz gets punched in the jaw a lot when he faces decent strikers. Against Anderson Silva you can't afford that, though. He's too good at pulling the trigger when someone is hurt and would most likely finish Diaz if Diaz showed up with his hands down and jaw in the air as he usually does

t5qfc9.jpg
  • [Tycho?][Tycho?] Registered User regular
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Diaz gets punched in the jaw a lot when he faces decent strikers. Against Anderson Silva you can't afford that, though. He's too good at pulling the trigger when someone is hurt and would most likely finish Diaz if Diaz showed up with his hands down and jaw in the air as he usually does

I'm inclined to agree, but I think Diaz would make a fight out of it. I'd pay to see that one.

ragesig.jpg

• DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Carwin is going to fuck him up.

gusinrepose.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    picture%204.png

oh shi-

Spec_Banner.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    I got Diaz by ko with karate kicks

Spec_Banner.png
    Almost time for Invicta FC, I'm pretty psyched.

www.invictafc.com

And the site is currently over capacity and I can't watch. I am sad.

The stream is working now and I caught Morales vs. Raquel and Morales has some good takedowns, but it became obvious when she was going to go for them when she had no standup to set them up and Raquel started stuffing all of them.

Nicdoli Rivera Calanoc vs. Chavez is exciting. Every round started with them throwing big punches. I don't know how Chavez survived some of those brutal shots. Chavez was going for some awesome subs off her back and almost caught Calanoc a bunch of times, but Calanoc kept getting out. She even turned out of a rear naked choke which was awesome. Calanoc also ate some brutal up kicks. Great fight.

Also, I love King Mo on commentary. He is delightful in that role.

• HuntingNoobHuntingNoob Registered User regular
    Becoming wrote: »

Me neither.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion Registered User regular
    For those who wonder why I dislike Ariel Helwani so much, shit like this is why.

BattleTag: Antaeus#1352 | Xbox Live: Nubmonger

-A digital receiver in an analog world.