As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rage of Bahamut] Manor of (Dis)illusions F2P CCG. Dragons. Cards. Boobies.

• Options
    Zorak15Zorak15 Registered User regular
    I need Fellows. I am sojakfa
    I am still not terribly sure what I'm doing. I'm level 19, Stamina is at 26, Attack is at 19, and Defense is at 24. I've got 4-5 cards evolved to their final forms and have even started enhancing a few of them.

Welcome! Fellow invite and a little something waiting for you.

steam_sig.png
    Registered member since '04, Lurking since '99!
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Fellows? Fellowship anyone? Order to join?

Name is ArcticArctos (based on my PSN ID) so feel free to add and I'll do my part to help out. :D

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    Zorak15 wrote: »
    I am still not terribly sure what I'm doing. I'm level 19, Stamina is at 26, Attack is at 19, and Defense is at 24. I've got 4-5 cards evolved to their final forms and have even started enhancing a few of them.

Damn, that is an excellent card! Thanks!

Still not really sure what I should be doing, so far I've just been questing and evolving whenever I can.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Name is ArcticArctos (based on my PSN ID) so feel free to add and I'll do my part to help out. :D

Fellow invite sent. Wait till you see what I sent -you-.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Damn, that is an excellent card! Thanks!

Still not really sure what I should be doing, so far I've just been questing and evolving whenever I can.

I can't always send cards like this, but I like to when I can. Check your inbox again. =)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Defense isn't going to be a big deal until later, Shorn. Even then, maxing it out around 100 (around lvl 50) is your best bet.

Go mainly into Stamina and Attack for now. 15 Stam for every 5 Atk until you know what you're doing a bit more.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Also, Enhancing isn't really all that effective until at least rare cards. (High-normal base to fully upgraded rare)

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Okay, this game is starting to click.

But, how the hell do I get rare cards? I have a small army of shit cards, but I need to start evolving my rare cards.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    The best time to get rare cards (and up) is during events such as Holy Wars/Dragon Stuff/etc etc

Not only can you get rares and such from these events, depending on how your order (and you personally) ranks, you'll get even more rewards.

Otherwise, I suggest you save all your Holy Powders and Cure Waters. They are more of an in-game currency than the actually rupee currency.

Generally speaking, 3 cure waters or holy powders will buy you 1 rare.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    The Spectre, what's your ingame name?

• Options
    Same as here.

Also, I found a guy trading rares for 2 Holy Powders each if you still have some. http://rage-of-bahamut.com/index.php?topic=25005.0

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options

Very awesome of you. I had to up ATK PWR a couple just to properly use the card, but at this point, there's no reason NOT to have him as the Leader. Very much appreciated!

Also added CasuallyHardcor and a couple of other people (not sure if they're PA'ers or not, but if they aren't, I figure there's no harm right now.)

For now, all I do is grind and quest and quest and grind. I'm not sure if I should be looking into Battles just yet since I'm still small-fry.

• Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    I've got a couple fellow spots open.
    My ingame name is LostRemix
    if anyone wants to sign up with me referral code it is ybj19918

• Options

Very awesome of you. I had to up ATK PWR a couple just to properly use the card, but at this point, there's no reason NOT to have him as the Leader. Very much appreciated!

Also added CasuallyHardcor and a couple of other people (not sure if they're PA'ers or not, but if they aren't, I figure there's no harm right now.)

For now, all I do is grind and quest and quest and grind. I'm not sure if I should be looking into Battles just yet since I'm still small-fry.

Np, Max enhance that fully evo'd Mime and you should be able to win battles with most people your level. As soon as you have a half-decent set of 5 attack cards I recommend attacking every chance you get.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    This is basically anime mafia wars, it's a shame because I went in expecting some decent card play

• Options
    edited June 2012
    @Peas

What makes it like Mafia Wars?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    TehSpectre, next time you have a free fellow spot, hit me up? I'll try to make room tonight.

Casuallyhardcor -glad you stuck around. =) I'll try to add you next if'n you have room.

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    Liking the game so far. Kinda bummed that theres like no orders to join at my level. I should probally work on filling out my fellows list at some point

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Been playing this. I think I've started to hit the point where there's not much more to do unless you can drop cash or run a million alts to farm tickets for you.

This is exactly like Mafia Wars, but with a slightly more obvious cash shop.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    This is a nice way to waste 20 minutes whenever I'm on the toilet or waiting around doing nothing.

If you're expecting more, then maybe this isn't your thing.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    This is sort of an interesting time waster. You can add me, KristmasKthulhu.

• Options
    This is a nice way to waste 20 minutes whenever I'm on the toilet or waiting around doing nothing.

If you're expecting more, then maybe this isn't your thing.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's a good poop game. The OP kind of sells it as a lot more than it is, though. You also do eventually hit a wall where you realize that there's not much you can do without the cash shop or inordinate amounts of alt spamming.

• Options
    Incorrect! The events will get you upgrades (past the 4 tickets you can get) and work on trading in the Rage of Bahamut forums and you're golden.

I've bought a few card packs, but never got anything really good. All my good trades have been from ingame cards

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Also, the level 33 quest boss is insane

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Sonelan wrote: »
    Liking the game so far. Kinda bummed that theres like no orders to join at my level. I should probally work on filling out my fellows list at some point
    Do it with random for now. You get +5 stats to allocate per fellow.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Alright, so once you've worked your way through most of the rares, how do you get a high rare or super rare? Because no one breaks up high rares/super rares for large packs of rares. And there's no way to get enough HP to just buy a high rare off someone, unless, I suppose, you just got rid of all your rares for HP's.

• Options
    You can generally buy HP for 75-100k rupees. Farm cards and sell them.

You can also sell rares for 2 HP each.

Past that, fully-evolved and Maxxed rares are worth a single clean High Rare - usually.

Past that, a full deck of Evolved & Maxxed high rares (rare to high rare evos) will help you greatly during events which can get you sought-after rares, high rares, and Supporting rares.

The value of hp & cw go up during events as well.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    This is a game where actual cash can give you an advantage, but I am doing just fine without.

I have a few high-rares and will have an S rare once I fully evo my knight Lucelia

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Didn't know anyone sold HP for rup. I will have to try to buy a couple. I really need to get 5 more Hilds before they become completely off the market.

• Options
    Actually, are you sure people sell HP's for 75-100k? I've had people refuse to sell me High Normals for 70k. Several times.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    They might be suffering some form of choice paralysis, where they're not sure exactly how they should spec themselves so they keep everything for fear of tossing something they might actually need later. Alternatively, I have this completionist compulsion to evolve everything to max, so I've got probably 20 or so cards just waiting to be evolved all the way before I can turf them.

I bought one of those legendary CP boxes and got 3 kratos, so that was pretty good. I believe I also somehow have 4 isults and 4 kreimhilds. They're all ones I want to fully enhance and fully evolved, so that'll take some serious time to do.

I think it's funny they're advertising that you're twice as likely to get SRs and SSRs when twice of like 0.01 is still basically 0.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So, ive been wanting to try this game but the android store doesnt even list it for me, and if i click on one of the occasional ads i get for it, it says its not compatable with my GNote. Is there a way i can download this and try it anyway?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Actually, are you sure people sell HP's for 75-100k? I've had people refuse to sell me High Normals for 70k. Several times.
    Unless the person you're trading with doesn't know about how the game economy works! I'd assume at least half the player base doesn't know anything about it.

Check out the RoB trading forum.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    The best is getting people who try and trade you all of your items for a single junk normal, hoping you accidentally hit the accept trade button. I like battling them into submission.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Well if anyone wants another fellow my ingame name is Sonelan. I keep trying to find random ones but it says no one exists no matter what level i put in :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    This is sort of an interesting time waster. You can add me, KristmasKthulhu.

Added you earlier today. Thanks for the 5 points attribute points!

• Options
    Casuallyhardcor - your list was full.
    Sonelan - added you to fellows and sent ya some god cards.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cool thanks Zorak

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sonelan wrote: »
    Well if anyone wants another fellow my ingame name is Sonelan. I keep trying to find random ones but it says no one exists no matter what level i put in :(
    This randomly started happening to me.

Check through your recent battles (if someone has attacked you) and write the names down and search for them manually to see if they have fellows.

OR

Join an order and get them to be your fellows.

OR

Battle dudes and click on their name after the fight (in the battle results phase) and see if they have any spots open for fellows and invite them!

Edit: Also, who is DracoGriffin?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Can someone please help me? I've been reading posts about people who have the Galaxy note and playing this game, but the friggin store wont let me download it on mine. how are people loading it if the store keeps giving the not compatible error?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum