As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mr. Rogers' Neighbor[chat]

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    it would have been an honor to be his neighbor.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Romero and Michael Keaton started out working for Mr. Roger. He even went to see Dawn of the Dead and thought it was a lot of fun.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Also if anybody feels like posting the Fox News "Mr Rogers is Evil" video in here, please put it in spoilers so I don't have to see any part of it.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    How fucking dare you accuse me of posting a shopped photo.

Double fingers for you.

mr-rodgers-middle-finger-mister-rogers-flips-bird-150x150.jpg

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I dare anybody to watch all of those videos and not tear up during the last one.

Don't bother posting about how you didn't feel anything watching the last video because I won't believe you.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Is anyone in the world actually offended by the middle finger? It's not even like the word shit, which at least has a literal meaning that is somewhat vulgar. It's just a random gesture.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    My kids will be watching Mr. Rogers man was amazing. I mean if I ever spawn.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Is anyone in the world actually offended by the middle finger? It's not even like the word shit, which at least has a literal meaning that is somewhat vulgar. It's just a random gesture.

The middle finger represents the penis.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    If Mr.Rogers had been just a tiny bit nicer we would have nailed him to a cross.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    He was doing a counting game in case no one said it. He was not flipping people off.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Xanax ain't made me trip balls since that first time, but damn if it is not the most pleasant thing on the planet and great to fall asleep to.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So it looks like I have put together a team to pull a heist with. Now something for them to steal.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Xanax ain't made me trip balls since that first time, but damn if it is not the most pleasant thing on the planet and great to fall asleep to.

when i take percocet i go 'how is everybody in the world not addicted'

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Nintendo needs to PR better, I don't exactly blame Reggie because fact us he is just a face, Nintendo Japan calls all the shots.

Seriously though this is terrible PR
    IGN: One of the things that is on the minds of active core gamers is 'console parity'. If I'm going to get a Wii U, it's going to need to have what's on PS3 or Xbox 360, minus first party. But when I look at what you guys have announced currently, I'm not seeing Resident Evil 6, GTA V is a big one, Tomb Raider, some of these major, major third-party offerings. Are you at all concerned that Wii U doesn't necessarily have those games? Is it just a matter of maybe that third parties - we were talking about western developers maybe waiting for that installed base - is that something you're noticing, that western developers are pulling back a little bit?

Fils-Aime: Well, certainly the typical western developer does wait for the installed base. Unless they are so passionate that they make a big bet, like Ubisoft has made a big bet. Obviously Warner Bros. has made a bet.

Beyond that, I wouldn't take the fact that things haven't been announced yet as a signal that it's not happening. But, you know... My job is to launch the system and to drive its installed base, and we're going to do that very effectively. And then hopefully that will create the opportunity for third parties to jump on board.

I guess he forgets all the 3rd party stuff Wii, PS3 and 360 had at launch

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

Do you mean seeing it represented in media, or a personal middle finger?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So it looks like I have put together a team to pull a heist with. Now something for them to steal.

The Ark of the Covenant.

• Options
    I just told my dog that she cannot bury bread crust in my bed.

I may have said something about "the line" and how it must be "drawn here and no further."

I think I have crossed over into the Unfuckable Zone.

• Options

I just need one big score before I can leave the game for good.

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »

The Ark of the Covenant.

The most valuable diamond in the world.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

Either.

Do they still blur out middle fingers?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

The Ark of the Covenant.

Nope. That just leads to face melting.

I just need one big score before I can leave the game for good.

Pffffttt...like that's gonna happen.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Nintendo needs to PR better, I don't exactly blame Reggie because fact us he is just a face, Nintendo Japan calls all the shots.

Seriously though this is terrible PR
    IGN: One of the things that is on the minds of active core gamers is 'console parity'. If I'm going to get a Wii U, it's going to need to have what's on PS3 or Xbox 360, minus first party. But when I look at what you guys have announced currently, I'm not seeing Resident Evil 6, GTA V is a big one, Tomb Raider, some of these major, major third-party offerings. Are you at all concerned that Wii U doesn't necessarily have those games? Is it just a matter of maybe that third parties - we were talking about western developers maybe waiting for that installed base - is that something you're noticing, that western developers are pulling back a little bit?

Fils-Aime: Well, certainly the typical western developer does wait for the installed base. Unless they are so passionate that they make a big bet, like Ubisoft has made a big bet. Obviously Warner Bros. has made a bet.

Beyond that, I wouldn't take the fact that things haven't been announced yet as a signal that it's not happening. But, you know... My job is to launch the system and to drive its installed base, and we're going to do that very effectively. And then hopefully that will create the opportunity for third parties to jump on board.

I guess he forgets all the 3rd party stuff Wii, PS3 and 360 had at launch

Well, this is still PR, no matter how shitty it seems. He isn't going to start drawing attention to negatives.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    kong, tosh is so so so fucking funny

• Options
    I don't think I care for justice. I care for improving society using the justice system as a tool, but actually punishing people for the sake of a concept of fairness or moral righteousness is meh.

• Options

Either.

Do they still blur out middle fingers?

I'm sure they do in American terrestrial. I gave some lady the finger today. I was waiting to take a left on a green and didn't think I could make it, so I waited for traffic to thin. She honked at me. When she did a second time, I made use of my rolled down windows.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    BR, you have been reading X-Men vs. Avengers right? I swear I haven't seen Logan blown up this many times in years. It is oddly theraputic.

Also they extended it to a full 12 issuses! I am so excited. I need to go in and get some of the normal series stuff to fill in holes though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

The Ark of the Covenant.

I know a fence. He specializes in Mona Lisas, but I think he could find a buyer for that as well.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Urgh, these boots are awful.

I have no idea how one shops for comfortable steel toed boots.

• Options

Undisclosed "Industrial secrets" from a pharmaceutical company.

Zombie drugs? Cure for death? Super soldier steroids? Proof political skulduggery perpetrated by the President?

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    He was doing a counting game in case no one said it. He was not flipping people off.

He was being subversive teaching kids vulgar acts in the guise of counting games. He was the ninjaest culture warrior.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options

Undisclosed "Industrial secrets" from a pharmaceutical company.

Zombie drugs? Cure for death? Super soldier steroids? Proof political skulduggery perpetrated by the President?

I suspect proof of fraud will be the McGuffin.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    BR, you have been reading X-Men vs. Avengers right? I swear I haven't seen Logan blown up this many times in years. It is oddly theraputic.

Also they extended it to a full 12 issuses! I am so excited. I need to go in and get some of the normal series stuff to fill in holes though.

To it's credit, AvX has made me pick up titles I normally do not bother to look at.

Not that I plan to keep them after the event ends.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Yes I have, it is pretty fun to see ol logan get it.

Not thrilled about the Phoenix Force though.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    kong, tosh is so so so fucking funny

We are getting married next month. I'm just waiting for a few more hair clippings to come in from ebay.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

The Ark of the Covenant.

I know a fence. He specializes in Mona Lisas, but I think he could find a buyer for that as well.

I also want the girl.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

To it's credit, AvX has made me pick up titles I normally do not bother to look at.

Not that I plan to keep them after the event ends.

I think I am going to start picking up Wolverine and the X-Men regularly now. Might start picking up Uncanny after this as well. I have been mostly just grabbing Astonishing for the last few years.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

You need to bring someone to kick so you know that they feel right when you use them for their intended purpose.

• Options
    edited June 2012

The Ark of the Covenant.

I also want the girl.

If she's played by Julia Roberts, you can have her.

If she's played by Catherine Zeta Jones, you can have my middle finger.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options

I have steel toed dressy shoes. More comfortable. And boots you need the right size and wear them in a bit.

This discussion has been closed.