As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[StarCraft 2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD!

• fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    Yay. Day 9 is back from vacation.

• KambingKambing Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Swear to god. Hope select bounces out of this in two quick games. Such an anti-fan now because of his TvZ.

EDIT: yeah, he's a fucking scrub. Jesus.

Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Kambing wrote: »
    Swear to god. Hope select bounces out of this in two quick games. Such an anti-fan now because of his TvZ.

EDIT: yeah, he's a fucking scrub. Jesus.

he's got rax on rax on rax

• TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    Select is such a dick xD

• TrunkersTrunkers Registered User regular
    narwhal wrote: »
    Trunkers wrote: »
    redraptor wrote: »
    Starcraft is now a racing MMORPG where the winners eat the losers flesh and political leaderships are decided by the game.

GoOdy is the best player.

Long live world eater go-kart terran GoOdy!!

edit: sorry broke word limit

Something about wantng to subscribe to your newsletter.

TRUNKERS YOU EXIST

As do you! I have benn *whisper* playing diablo *end whisper*. How are you? Are you a European yet?

My MTG Cube Site - -http://riptidelab.com
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    are these announcers aware that without a thor he's about to die

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Vortix...?

Kill.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    hah, double command center behind 2 rax cheese.

what is going on

Not sure what I'm more angry about. Select's shitty play, or Vortix's ineptitude.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
    what a hilariously clumsy ZvT

• tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    That was not at all enjoyable to watch. :/

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
    "Hur hur. Since I don't know to make more than 35 scvs in a game, I'm going to 11/11 every single ZvT."
    "My Terran opponent is contained to two bases? I don't need any kind of drop defense at all."

Horrible games. God. -_-

Kambing wrote: »
    Not sure what I'm more angry about. Select's shitty play, or Vortix's ineptitude.

Maybe that a player as shitty as select made the semis

It'll be a travesty if select gets into the TSL on points. I'm not interested in watching a player cheese all-in in at least a third of his matches.

• crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Vortix. Baller?

crucialityfactor on
    fungalz

• BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    select is a cool dude, i can't hate on him even though he's an incredibly terran terran T.T

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    All terrans are pretty terran though.

• EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Biosys wrote: »
    select is a cool dude, i can't hate on him even though he's an incredibly terran terran T.T

Yup, exactly this. Great singer too!

Actually, my impression of him is still of that Korean dude who MURDERED toss in the MLG Idra won. That run was ridiculous.

iG3kv1d.png
    edited July 2012
    Yup. He's a baller.

edit: Vortix...not Select.

crucialityfactor on
    augh i don't like husky and day9 casting together at all T_T

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    I'm impressed by Vortix's ZvZ. That battle was ridiculously one-sided given the fairly even armies.

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Euphemon wrote: »
    Biosys wrote: »

Yup, exactly this. Great singer too!

Actually, my impression of him is still of that Korean dude who MURDERED toss in the MLG Idra won. That run was ridiculous.

TvP back when the metagame was colossus deathballs and stim timing attacks... Bad times...

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
    8 pool drone pool to cinch the 3-0. Muy boss.

• mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Bah, Golden. You aren't supposed to cancel your hatchery, you should pull your drones down to it and build a spine there instead.

So, that match brought up a question in my mind. What does everyone think it the hardest cheese to hold off? I see the 8 pool/drone pull work out well an awful lot for the cheeser. Is there anything else that is as comparatively effective? 11/11 rax?

And when I say cheese, I don't just mean an all in. I mean something that happens in the first 5ish minutes of the game.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    2rax reactor first + 3-4 scvs.

edited July 2012
    My friend does a 7 pool that I've never beaten with 14/14 or hatch first. It's brutal as fuck

Weirdly enough, I never lose to that shit on the ladder, I'm not sure why his is so rough

15 hatch 15 pool 15 gas 15 ovie 15 queen 17 warren
    Make 7 roaches

If a terran has a gas and doesn't have a marauder, he's dead.

TannerMS on
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    So, that match brought up a question in my mind. What does everyone think it the hardest cheese to hold off? I see the 8 pool/drone pull work out well an awful lot for the cheeser. Is there anything else that is as comparatively effective? 11/11 rax?

And when I say cheese, I don't just mean an all in. I mean something that happens in the first 5ish minutes of the game.

ZvZ wise, 8pool drone pull usually isn't that hard to hold. You have to be really greedy or screw up your defense even as a hatch first. It's 10pool that is basically impossible to hold as hatch first without taking significant damage.

ZvP wise, 6pool econ is interesting in that it's cheesy, but against an FFE, it can do a lot of damage and transition into a midgame with zerg in the lead.

ZvT wise, roach/bane early aggression works pretty often these days because of how terrans are being super greedy to counteract the new queen buffs, so they go builds like 3OC and get busted down.

iG3kv1d.png
  • jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »

that's not really cheese though. It isn't all in, it doesn't put you economically behind if it fails, and it doesn't rely on not being scouted.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »

that's not really cheese though. It isn't all in, it doesn't put you economically behind if it fails, and it doesn't rely on not being scouted.

it only doesn't put you behind if it fails because its a bullshit build. it is literally impossible not to do damage unless the Protoss hasn't expanded

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    TannerMS wrote: »
    My friend does a 7 pool that I've never beaten with 14/14 or hatch first. It's brutal as fuck

Weirdly enough, I never lose to that shit on the ladder, I'm not sure why his is so rough

15 hatch 15 pool 15 gas 15 ovie 15 queen 17 warren
    Make 7 roaches

If a terran has a gas and doesn't have a marauder, he's dead.

I don't usually have much trouble holding any kind of fast pool in ZvZ. I'm curious how exactly your friend executes it.

Exception being the 10 pool drone pull vs 15 hatch.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Smasher wrote: »
    My main challenge now is figuring out the drone/army balance. I know you want to be as greedy with drones as you can get away with; I just have to figure out how to recognize where that point is.

Also, I'm pretty terrible at taking my third base. I get it way too late most of my games, though I've lost a couple thirds due to poor defense/scouting.

You should typically take your third (edit: at the latest) immediately upon saturating your nat, even if you don't plan on mining from it immediately. Two bases worth of mining provides more resources than you can use with two bases worth of larva even with perfect injects unless you're teching incredibly hard or spamming Hydras or something similarly stupid-expensive.

It's okay if you take it as a macro hatch, you just need to push pretty quick after it finishes.

Salvation122 on
    Is there a stream for HSC, or have I missed it for the day?

Looks like it doesn't start until Thursday.

Looks like it doesn't start until Thursday.

I'm dumb. Have the next two days off so I keep thinking it's Friday.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

it only doesn't put you behind if it fails because its a bullshit build. it is literally impossible not to do damage unless the Protoss hasn't expanded

I don't think this is the case or it would happen all the time

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    Variable wrote: »

I don't think this is the case or it would happen all the time

ask yilias

• mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    If 2rax is as good as you are saying, then why do pro Terran go gasless expand almost all the time?

• shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    mEEksa wrote: »
    If 2rax is as good as you are saying, then why do pro Terran go gasless expand almost all the time?

They want to have a strong late-game army because that's where T really shines vs P.