As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BF3] All Premiums has the Aftermaths - Crossbows and gunvans, ho!

19495969798100»

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Mumble is still available, I was there last night but I played all by myself :( Had a ton of fun though, this game is still great to play.

There's also the PURE Reddit server, that has it's own TS3 that puts you in squad-specific channels automatically. It's cool, except when you're not on the same team or squad as other PA dudes.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    The best was when we had the 360 Dome on Close Quarters. If there was someone on the other team being a jerk and we were on split across the teams, we would all get on them. We... We weren't very mature back then.

PUT MY BALLS IN YOUR MOUTH. It would get so bad that I wouldn't even pay attention to anything other then finding that one guy. Or having our whole squad run up and teabag as soon as one of us got them. Totally Mature.

I haven't played this in forever and you've actually been on XBL lately...We must remedy this.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Nothing outside the Warfighter stuff. Wait for E3.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    That seemed to be a problem with BC2 in general. If one team had a good chopper pilot and the other didn't, you might as well quit right away.

@desc, is this your first Battlefield game? If it is, try to stick with your squad, mark any enemies you see, stay in cover, and focus on supporting the better players (revive, throw down healing/ammo, provide covering fire), letting them take point. Since BF maps are more open with fewer defined paths, moving from cover to cover is a lot more important as compared to COD or Quake.

@fearsomepirate I played battlefield 1942 a decade ago and other than Mass Effect, that was the end of my Quake-Jedi Knight era first personing career. I haven't played any of the subsequent BFs.

So far that's what I've been doing mostly -- I got the defibrillator so I try to sprint from place to place with a group and res people when they go down (also it's 100 points!). I noticed right away you get credit for suppression fire kill assists which is cool.

I got frustrated last night because we played on a "real war" server with no group cohesion and I got killed a dozen times per kill. Also I'm just not that good.

Some YouTube video kept stressing Spotting so I mash the Q button whenever I see something. Poppin little orange icons on dudes erryday.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    That seemed to be a problem with BC2 in general. If one team had a good chopper pilot and the other didn't, you might as well quit right away.

@desc, is this your first Battlefield game? If it is, try to stick with your squad, mark any enemies you see, stay in cover, and focus on supporting the better players (revive, throw down healing/ammo, provide covering fire), letting them take point. Since BF maps are more open with fewer defined paths, moving from cover to cover is a lot more important as compared to COD or Quake.

@fearsomepirate I played battlefield 1942 a decade ago and other than Mass Effect, that was the end of my Quake-Jedi Knight era first personing career. I haven't played any of the subsequent BFs.

So far that's what I've been doing mostly -- I got the defibrillator so I try to sprint from place to place with a group and res people when they go down (also it's 100 points!). I noticed right away you get credit for suppression fire kill assists which is cool.

I got frustrated last night because we played on a "real war" server with no group cohesion and I got killed a dozen times per kill. Also I'm just not that good.

Some YouTube video kept stressing Spotting so I mash the Q buttonwhenever I something. Poppin little orange icons on dudes erryday.

Sounds like my experience. Enjoyable, frustrating, and fun on many levels.

Quick tip, mash Q even if you don't see something, you'll start seeing things you didn't before.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Some YouTube video kept stressing Spotting so I mash the Q buttonwhenever I something. Poppin little orange icons on dudes erryday.

Sounds like my experience. Enjoyable, frustrating, and fun on many levels.

Quick tip, mash Q even if you don't see something, you'll start seeing things you didn't before.

Oh yeah! I actually started doing that a a bit last night because I ran to a wall and sort of peeked out

And then I was like WAS THAT A GLINT FROM A SCOPE FOR A SPLIT SECOND OR WAS IT NOTHING

And then I hit "q" and my guy was all "enemy sniper spotted" and the little orange thin popped up

And I avatarfaced

• Options
    fearsomepiratefearsomepirate I ate a pickle once. Registered User regular
    I have adopted a strategy in every game I play now called "Quitting if my team is fucking terrible." If I join a BF game and all the CPs are red, I stay just long enough to figure out if it's just a transient state or if my team is brain-damaged. If it's the latter, I quit. If just being careful and sticking with your squad mates isn't enough to keep you from getting a 0.1 KDR for the match, then your team is probably horrible. I don't stick around to have a miserable time.

For example, last night I joined on a game with 4 out 4 CPs controlled by the enemy. There was a tank parked by the entrance of our base just annihilating everyone. Now I'm actually a relatively good FPSer on the console, so I hopped in a tank, lined up a shot, hit the enemy once, then skedaddled on a long flanking route where I could maintain zero visibility between me and him, popped out from behind a building, and kicked his ass before he realized where I was. Our base was near D, so of course the enemy were spawning there...so I beat it to B, capped it, waited to ambush the tank that inevitably came from their base, and then capped C. I did all this with no one helping me except a gunner in my tank.

Okay, so with two CPs capped, my team should start spawning outside of the base to start giving the enemy hell, right? Wrong. They kept spawning in the base, and despite my most valiant efforts, a lone tanker trying to defend two CPs is no match for a squad of engineers. And even with four or five fewer guys attacking our base (big deal when teams are limited to 12), no one on my team managed to get out.

And that's when I decided it was time to quit.

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood...nobody.
    PSN ID: fearsomepirate
  • Options
    That's when I wish we had commander again, you could just draw on the map: "GO HERE!" "AVOID THIS AREA!" "FLANK HERE!"

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    That's when I wish we had commander again, you could just draw on the map: "GO HERE!" "AVOID THIS AREA!" "FLANK HERE!"

And watch it be summarily ignored by the majority. :)

Drawing upon gw2 commander experience.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Yeah, it was also largely ignored in BF2.

But with how BF3 points are setup, it really seems it could work if you reward players for following these orders. Assignments that could be "Follow 5,000 commander orders" :D

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Anyone know of anywhere you can buy a cheapish BF3 key to plug into Origin?

All the ones I've found are for the addons.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options

But with how BF3 points are setup, it really seems it could work if you reward players for following these orders. Assignments that could be "Follow 5,000 commander orders" :D
    The host could also have an option like with how he can auto-kick players who are idle after a number of seconds, except to kick players who do fuck all to follow the orders after a number of seconds. Like if you get orders to defend/assault a flag, you have 120 seconds to either shoot, tag, or suppress someone or something that's near the flag, get your ass over near the flag, lock onto/tag/shoot at something that's shooting at friendlies near the flag, or shoot something that's been tagged by someone near the flag.

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular

The host could also have an option like with how he can auto-kick players who are idle after a number of seconds, except to kick players who do fuck all to follow the orders after a number of seconds. Like if you get orders to defend/assault a flag, you have 120 seconds to either shoot, tag, or suppress someone or something that's near the flag, get your ass over near the flag, lock onto/tag/shoot at something that's shooting at friendlies near the flag, or shoot something that's been tagged by someone near the flag.

I have a feeling that server would never fill up.

• Options
    Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    The best was when we had the 360 Dome on Close Quarters. If there was someone on the other team being a jerk and we were on split across the teams, we would all get on them. We... We weren't very mature back then.

PUT MY BALLS IN YOUR MOUTH. It would get so bad that I wouldn't even pay attention to anything other then finding that one guy. Or having our whole squad run up and teabag as soon as one of us got them. Totally Mature.

I haven't played this in forever and you've actually been on XBL lately...We must remedy this.

Hells yeah, dude! The other day I was single handedly stomping people on scavenger, got my 10 kills without dying for the Rambo tag, and I have knifed so many people. So, so many people. Unfortunately, I only just got to level 95 Col. Five more levels until I become the shitbucket.

XBL - TeenageHead
  • Options
    Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »

Hells yeah, dude! The other day I was single handedly stomping people on scavenger, got my 10 kills without dying for the Rambo tag, and I have knifed so many people. So, so many people. Unfortunately, I only just got to level 95 Col. Five more levels until I become the shitbucket.

Don't worry. You will always be a shitbucket to me. <3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    minirhyder wrote: »

Well, the six of us who don't want to snipe from the base or practice doing tricks in the jets would be able to find each other.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular

Well, the six of us who don't want to snipe from the base or practice doing tricks in the jets would be able to find each other.

Probably because there would only be 6 people on that server.

• Options
    Cobalt60 wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

• Options
    Looks nice. But I think everybody looks forward to play the new maps in Conquest. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK5f7az5dIY

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    We're getting close to 100 pages, who will create the new thread?

I saw the End game trailer on my tiny phone screen so I couldn't pick out much detail. The dirtbikes and AA Humvees tells me they're going to be large maps.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    There doesn't seem to be very many Australians playing BF3 any more. This makes me sad. :(

• Options
    Just wait for the DLC to hit.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    New thread up.

getchu sum

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

It isn't my fault you have a terrible idea.