As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BF3] All Premiums has the Aftermaths - Crossbows and gunvans, ho!

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    I'm so confused every time you post anything, Tibbly.

Good

• Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    So I stuck Bad Company 2 in yesterday just for kicks. I really miss the land mines. I had more kills in one round with land mines in BC2 yesterday than I had in BF3 in over 3 months. It was just so nice hiding them in the shade on some roadn and not having to worry about tanks with night vision.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Mines were the absolute best in BC2, you can still hide them in BF3 but it's much harder.

My absolute favorite spot was as defender on Isla Inocentes. As soon as the match started, I would run to the road on the coast, where the Bradley would come down as soon as the 2nd stage started and hide mines there.

It was pretty much guaranteed to net me two bradleys once the 2nd section started.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    If the thermal scope didnt show landmines theyd actually be useful. While its super nice seeing them as a tank driver, mines are practically useless for me as an engineer. C4 on the other hand...

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Almost no one uses the thermal scope on their tanks, though. It's easy enough to spot them. I usually roll cans, Smoke and Reactive. With all the Javelin use these days, you would be suicidal to use thermals.

• Options
    I run thermals, javelins arent a huge problem, but they are the most effective tool engineers have.

• Options
    emp123 wrote: »
    I run thermals, javelins arent a huge problem, but they are the most effective tool engineers have.

And they are weak as piss.

I really hope AK brings a far more effective anti-vehicle weapon for engies. Like a CG that can be freefire/guided or locked using a soflam.

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    I run smoke on big maps and thermal on small maps.
    Hasn't failed me yet!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Javelins are more effective than they have ever been. The lock on time used to be quite atrocious. Most people tend to complain about Javs being over powered. If anything buff RPGs. Not damage wise, but fix their splash and speed them up.

also anyone up for games tonight? I see a few peeps online. I just got home from work and don't want to do any of my work around the house.

Shogun on
  • Options
    Fuck changing my toolset to match the map type!

• Options
    Shogun wrote: »
    Javelins are more effective than they have ever been. The lock on time used to be quite atrocious. Most people tend to complain about Javs being over powered. If anything buff RPGs. Not damage wise, but fix their splash and speed them up.

also anyone up for games tonight? I see a few peeps online. I just got home from work and don't want to do any of my work around the house.

If people are on I'll get on.

• Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Javelins can bring an LAV to dsiabled in 1 hit. A MB can sometime take 1 hit and not be disabled but other times it will be.

EIther way it takes 2 javelin hits to kill a tank. Or one with the all seeing eye.

• Options
    Oedipus_RexOedipus_Rex We aren't.. related right?Registered User regular
    Finally got my new pc so I can play this, would love to play with some PA peeps to show me the ropes. Orgin name OedipusRex22

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Battlelog name is more important than Origin handle for BF3, feel free to add me on there: SleepingLesson

Hope you like Hooahs!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    I totally read Hooah as hoohaa and then I realized there are no vaginas on Battlelog.

My Battlelog username is TheClap08

• Options
    Oedipus_RexOedipus_Rex We aren't.. related right?Registered User regular
    Cool sent request out to @emp123 and @Twoheadedboy

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AF-IXAF-IX (LGKAOS) Whiteman AFBRegistered User regular
    Finally got my new pc so I can play this, would love to play with some PA peeps to show me the ropes. Orgin name OedipusRex22

Don't bother checking on the PA Angry Dome server anymore...if there isn't 49+ people within 5 minutes of us joining...everyone leaves to another server.
    Waste of money & effort in keeping The Dome going.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    AF-IX wrote: »

Don't bother checking on the PA Angry Dome server anymore...if there isn't 49+ people within 5 minutes of us joining...everyone leaves to another server.
    Waste of money & effort in keeping The Dome going.

There's just not enough people to justify it.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    CamuiCamui Sogekidan Registered User regular
    Close it down, save the cash, and open back for for the next expansion.

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    How about bringing it down to 32 players? Even though it has the adaptive player count, it still shows up as 64 man in the server browser, which most people won't join unless it has 60+ players in it..

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    Good games earlier with the 360 dudes. Though I did get banned from a random CQ server I joined (we think it was just to make room for the guy to join since he showed up right after I got kicked). Asked for a reason and got "U MAD BRO?" as a response. Some people, man.

XBL - TeenageHead
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Camui wrote: »
    Close it down, save the cash, and open back for for the next expansion.

Which is next month, and we're already paid for this month.

• Options
    Move it to Dallas I say, and it will cater to everyone around the country, and not just people on the East Coast.

• Options
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Move it to Dallas I say, and it will cater to everyone around the country, and not just people on the East Coast.

Technically speaking Kansas is a spot where it will cater to everyone, Lebanon Kansas to be exact would be the center of the US.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Livestream tomorrow of AK. It will be better than last time.

2 minutes of AK then move to Linkin Park.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Don't forget about the great EU folks that play with us. Pab and Klika come to mind. We picked Virginia because it would ensure that anyone in the world will at least get a playable ping to the server.

• Options
    But they have awesome internets, will their ping vary much from VA to TX?

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    To be fair, I sadly never play with you guys because everytime I do want to play, no one is online cause of TIMEZONES (tm)

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    iRevert wrote: »
    Satsumomo wrote: »

Technically speaking Kansas is a spot where it will cater to everyone, Lebanon Kansas to be exact would be the center of the US.

Yeah, but with Kansas you have to worry about tornados and witches and flying monkeys and stuff.

• Options
    Are there even datacenters in Kansas?

• Options
    heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    i doubt there are any data centers in kansas but google is starting their fiber network in kansas city...

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Options
    @Klyka GAF is hard right now. Link.
    "That doesn't mean there might not be a Bad Company game again in the future."

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Good games earlier with the 360 dudes. Though I did get banned from a random CQ server I joined (we think it was just to make room for the guy to join since he showed up right after I got kicked). Asked for a reason and got "U MAD BRO?" as a response. Some people, man.

Just assume you got banned because you are Mr. Badass Killington of BF3 Place.

Why you bein so mad bro?

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    I really hope BF4 is being made for the single player.

Just realllllyyyy can't see what else they can do that's different enough from bf3. Set it in world war 2 again would be neat.

Or you know, 2143.

• Options
    They could improve the campaign. I liked the "24" feel to it and Dima's mission but other than that the missions felt like a horde mode for a single player.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    wakkawa wrote: »

Just realllllyyyy can't see what else they can do that's different enough from bf3. Set it in world war 2 again would be neat.

Or you know, 2143.

This has to be it. They gotta mix it up. Another "Modern Warfare" game would be a bad idea imo

• Options
    Mulletude wrote: »

Or you know, 2143.

This has to be it. They gotta mix it up. Another "Modern Warfare" game would be a bad idea imo

Well if that article is right then another modern warfare game.

And since warfighter looks exactly like bf3 I have no idea why anyone thinks another modern warefare game is needed.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I also think a new WW2 game using this tech would be pretty great.

I suppose I would have to see what new is being brought to the table with a new "modern warfare" style game but I can't say it would be terribly interesting to me, purely as an idea right now. :?

Mulletude on
  • Options
    It would be nice to see some Africa campaigns in a WW2 game. Its always Europe. Except that one time it was Japan, and that other time it was Russia (so Europe).

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »

Or you know, 2143.

Well if that article is right then another modern warfare game.

And since warfighter looks exactly like bf3 I have no idea why anyone thinks another modern warefare game is needed.

I'm still trying to figure out why they're even bothering with Warfighter. I fully expect that game to tank.

wWuzwvJ.png