As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 83 - In doldari's 8th Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• Options
    peskypesky Registered User regular
    Leper into the Empire. 2/6PP

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    Hmm... I'll... rest. 0/6.

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Clan rat to Estalia

2/8 PP

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Leper into Kislev. 1/6PP

• Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Round 4-3. Summon Phases

game83state42.png

- Old World Card Effects
    The Warrens Erupt! - In the end phase, players who collected only one dial advancement counter do not advance their dial.
    The Light of Day - All regions with an Event token need fifteen total corruption tokens (including Warpstone) in order to be ruined.

- Upgrade Effects
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover.
    Keeper of Secrets - A Keeper of Secrets counts as three Noble tokens.
    The Council of Thirteen - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Virulent Outbreak - 0 - This region is considered Populous.
    Troll Country : Daemonic Subtlety - 0 - Your Warriors and Greater Daemons in this region each place one corruption during the corruption phase.
    Estalia : Warp Shock - 1 - Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value. and Havoc - 2 - Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.
    Tilea : Verminous Horde - 1 - If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one. and Skitterleap - 0 - If you dominate this region, you may immediately move any number of your figures from this region to one adjacent region.
    The Border Princes : Strength in Numbers - 1 - If you have more figures than any one other player in this region, the defense value of your figures is increased by one.
    The Badlands : (M) Warpstorm - 0 - If you kill one or more enemy figures in this region during the battle phase, place a Warpstone token in this region. and Quicken Decay - 1 - When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point.

Khorne and Tzeentch and Slaanesh rest.
    @LoserForHireX active.

doldari on
  • Options
    The Rat's going to tie you in Estalia, lolol

• Options
    A possibility I had considered. I considered it worth the risk verses the potential for shenanigans from the PP that the Rat could expend elsewhere. *shrug* Go Old World Victory, eh?

• Options
    Clan Rat to Estalia

1/8 PP

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Leper to the Empire and rest. 0/6PP

• Options
    I'm just chortling that Estalia has been 2 power for 5 VP for a few turns now and nobody is cashing in, heh.

• Options
    @LoserForHireX active.

• Options
    Clan Rat to Estalia and rest

0/8 PP

• Options
    Round 4-4. Battle Phases

game83state43.png

- Old World Card Effects
    The Warrens Erupt! - In the end phase, players who collected only one dial advancement counter do not advance their dial.
    The Light of Day - All regions with an Event token need fifteen total corruption tokens (including Warpstone) in order to be ruined.

- Upgrade Effects
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover.
    The Council of Thirteen - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)

- Chaos Card Effects
    Troll Country : Daemonic Subtlety - 0 - Your Warriors and Greater Daemons in this region each place one corruption during the corruption phase.
    Estalia : Warp Shock - 1 - Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value. and Havoc - 2 - Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.
    Tilea : Verminous Horde - 1 - If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one. and Skitterleap - 0 - If you dominate this region, you may immediately move any number of your figures from this region to one adjacent region.
    The Border Princes : Strength in Numbers - 1 - If you have more figures than any one other player in this region, the defense value of your figures is increased by one.
    The Badlands : (M) Warpstorm - 0 - If you kill one or more enemy figures in this region during the battle phase, place a Warpstone token in this region. and Quicken Decay - 1 - When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point.

Battle Dice
    Norsca : 1 Dice
    Troll Country : 1 Dice, 3 Dice
    Bretonnia : 2 Dice
    Estalia : Havoc! +1 Corruption, +1 Corruption
    The Border Princes : 2 Dice

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Bretonnia: 2 Hits.

The Border Princes: 1 Hit, the loneliest number, nothing dies.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
  • Options
    Whiff in TC.

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Bretonnia: 2 Hits.

The Border Princes: 1 Hit, the loneliest number, nothing dies.

Uh oh still no upgrade. :P And next time work harder and kill more acolytes!! One more would have been nice.

• Options
    So has a game ever gone on to turn 5 before with only 1 area ruined and the Gods with such low VP? Are we legitimately looking at an Old World win here?

PS - Ratty, I am thoroughly annoyed you cost me 5VP up there in Estalia. I'm lagging behind in case you hadn't noticed.

• Options
    susan wrote: »
    So has a game ever gone on to turn 5 before with only 1 area ruined and the Gods with such low VP? Are we legitimately looking at an Old World win here?

PS - Ratty, I am thoroughly annoyed you cost me 5VP up there in Estalia. I'm lagging behind in case you hadn't noticed.

AWWWWWWW

I'm so sorry that you decided to come in there and screw up my ability to get a dial tick out of Estalia.

SO SORRY

SO SORRY

Alternatively - Eat a thousand dicks.

• Options
    That warmed my heart :D .

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Round 4-5. Corruption Phases

game83state45.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Domination Step
    Norsca : +2VP
    Troll Country : +5VP
    Bretonnia : +3VP
    Tilea : +2VP DAC, Move your figures to adjacent region.
    The Border Princes : +1VP DAC
    The Badlands : +1VP

CorruptionStep
    Norsca : +2 DAC
    Troll Country : +5 DAC
    Kislev : +2 DAC
    The Empire : +2 DAC
    Bretonnia : +4, +2 DAC, Ruined
    The Badlands : +4 DAC

Check for Ruination
    Bretonnia 1st : +3VP, +3VP, +3VP, +3VP (If you move to Bretonnia)

Updated VP
    13 + 3 + 3 = 19VP
    7 + 3 = 10VP
    5 + 1 + 3 = 9VP
    17 + 7 = 24VP
    9 + 3 + 3 = 15VP

Things that need to happen:
    1. @LoserForHireX decide whether or not to move your figures from Tilea to adjacent region.

doldari on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Round 4-6. End Phases

game83state46.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved.
    The Empire - Leper

3. Resolve Old World cards.
    Khorne do not advance their dial.

4. Score Ruined Regions.
    Bretonnia : +8VP, +4VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Each god ticks once except Khorne.
    13 - Upgrade
    20 - Upgrade
    16 - Place 2 Nobles
    16 - Upgrade

Updated VP
    19 + 8 = 27VP
    10VP
    9 + 4 = 13VP
    24VP
    15VP

6. Check for Game end - The game does not end.

1. @LoserForHireX decide whether or not to move your figures from Tilea to adjacent region. (The above image is the result to move one clan rat from Tilea to Bretonnia.)
    2. @pesky select an upgrade.
    3. @susan select an upgrade.
    4. @Rius place two noble tokens any region.
    5. @LoserForHireX select an upgrade.

doldari on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I like how, notwithstanding the fact that everything is screwing with me this game, I am in the lead with VP and have amassed 27 VP without any upgrades.

...Yes I'm clutching onto any ray of sunshine here that I can.

Characters
  • Options
    I'll take the Warrior upgrade.

• Options
  • Options
    Leper Upgrade

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I will be using Skitterleap, one Clan Rat into Bretonnia. Also, I will take the Under Empire upgade.

LoserForHireX on
  • Options
    Round 5-1. Old World Phases

Closing the Portal
    Place one Warpstone token in every region with six or more total corruption tokens (not counting Warpstone already in that region). - Players cannot draw more than one card during the draw phase.

Place a Warpstone token in Troll Country, The Badlands.

game83state47.png

• Options
    Round 5-2. Draw Phases

Tzeentch may choose to discard one card before drawing.

Draw 1, 2 in hand, 12 left in deck, 10 discard
    Draw 1, 1 in hand, 12 left in deck, 11 discard
    Draw 1, 3 in hand, 8 left in deck, 13 discard or Draw 1, 2 in hand, 8 left in deck, 14 discard
    Draw 1, 2 in hand, 12 left in deck, 10 discard
    Draw 1, 3 in hand, 12 left in deck, 9 discard

1. @susan decide whether or not to discard chaos card.
    2. Start Summon Phase.

• Options
    Goddamnit, I was looking forward to drawing my 2 cards.

Characters
  • Options
    Closing the Portal is the worst! Right with all the other ones.

• Options
    On the plus side, Tzeentch is only getting 1 more card in his arsenal.

Characters
  • Options
    I knew it. *sigh* No discard.

• Options
    @Aegis active.

• Options
    If at first you don't succeed...get better weapons.

Rampage to Estalia. 6/7 PP

Annnnnnd...1 Hit, killing a rat. 21% there, sure, why not. Tzeentch and the Rat up next!

Characters
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Round 5-3. Summon Phases

game83state49.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects
    Lepers - When your Lepers place at least one corruption token in a region during the corruption phase, you may place one additional corruption token in that region.
    Horrors - When you play a Chaos card with a magic symbol, you may immediately summon a Horror to that region for 0 power.

The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region.

- Chaos Card Effects

@susan and @LoserForHireX roll a dice

doldari on
  • Options
  • Options