As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 83 - In doldari's 8th Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Aegis wrote: »
    Bloodsworn from Kislev and from the Empire, both to The Badlands. 0/7 PP

+2VP

doldari on
  • Options
    Round 5-4. Battle Phases

game83state57.png

- Old World Card Effects
    The Light of Day - All regions with an Event token need fifteen total corruption tokens (including Warpstone) in order to be ruined.

- Upgrade Effects
    Lepers - When your Lepers place at least one corruption token in a region during the corruption phase, you may place one additional corruption token in that region.
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover.
    Horrors - When you play a Chaos card with a magic symbol, you may immediately summon a Horror to that region for 0 power.

Keeper of Secrets - A Keeper of Secrets counts as three Noble tokens.
    The Council of Thirteen - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region.

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Festival of Sinew - 0 - When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point.
    Troll Country : Bloodbath - 0 - Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region.
    Estalia : Strength in Numbers - 1 - If you have more figures than any one other player in this region, the defense value of your figures is increased by one.
    Tilea : Warp Token Cache - 2 - If you dominate this region, place this card on your power sheet. You may discard this card from your power sheet at the beginning of the summoning phase to immediately gain two power points.

Battle Dice
    Norsca : 1 Dice, 3 Dice
    Troll Country : Havoc! +1 Corruption, +1 Corruption, +1 Corruption
    Bretonnia : 2 Dice
    Estalia : 4 Dice, 1 Dice, 2 Dice
    The Border Princes : 2 Dice

• Options
  • Options
    @Aegis roll a dice.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Durr. I was here waiting for Troll Country to roll.

Bretonnia: 1 Hit. Rat cultist dies.

Estalia: 4 Hits. Kill Tzeentch's warrior, and a Rat cultist.

Border Princes: 3 Hits, everything dies.

Hey look, good rolls!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    1 hit in Estalia! Kill a... ...Aww.

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    1 Hit in Estalia!!! I punch the Horror in the face some more. Like a lot more.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    1 Hit in Estalia!!! I punch the Horror in the face some more. Like a lot more.

Horror was already killed by Khorne. :winky:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Round 5-5. Corruption Phases

game83state59.png

- Old World Card Effects
    The Light of Day - All regions with an Event token need fifteen total corruption tokens (including Warpstone) in order to be ruined.

- Upgrade Effects
    Lepers - When your Lepers place at least one corruption token in a region during the corruption phase, you may place one additional corruption token in that region.
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover.
    Horrors - When you play a Chaos card with a magic symbol, you may immediately summon a Horror to that region for 0 power.

The Council of Thirteen - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region.

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Festival of Sinew - 0 - When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point.
    Troll Country : Bloodbath - 0 - Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region.
    Estalia : Strength in Numbers - 1 - If you have more figures than any one other player in this region, the defense value of your figures is increased by one.
    Tilea : Warp Token Cache - 2 - If you dominate this region, place this card on your power sheet. You may discard this card from your power sheet at the beginning of the summoning phase to immediately gain two power points.

Domination Step
    Norsca : +7VP
    Troll Country : +2VP
    Kislev : +3VP
    Estalia : +5VP DAC
    Tilea : +2VP DAC, Stored Warp Token Cache.
    The Border Princes : +1VP

CorruptionStep
    Norsca : +1, +3 DAC
    Troll Country : +1, +3 DAC, +3 DAC, Ruined
    Kislev : +3 DAC
    The Empire : +2 DAC
    Tilea : +2 DAC
    The Badlands : +3, +2, +3 DAC, Ruined

Check for Ruination
    Troll Country 2ed : +4VP, +4VP, +4VP, +4VP, +4VP
    The Badlands 3rd : +4VP, +4VP, +4VP, +4VP(If your Vermin Lord move from Troll Country by The Under Empire.)

Updated VP
    27 + 1 + 4 + 4 = 36VP
    14 + 3 + 4 + 4 = 25VP
    13 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 23VP
    29 + 7 + 4 = 40VP
    15 + 7 + 4 + 4 = 30VP

Things that need to happen:
    1. @LoserForHireX decide whether or not to move Troll Country by Under Empire.

doldari on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Round 5-6. End Phases

game83state61.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved.
    The Empire - Leper

3. Resolve Old World cards.

4. Score Ruined Regions.
    Troll Country : +7VP, +3VP
    The Badlands: +7VP, +1VP, +1VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Khorne ticks twice, other gods tick once.
    12 - Upgrade
    14 - Draw 2 Chaos Cards
    18 - Score 3 VP
    21 - Place 2 Warpstones
    19 - Upgrade
    20 - Summon 1 Warrior

Updated VP
    36 + 1 = 37VP
    25 + 3 = 28VP
    23 + 3 + 7 = 33VP
    40 + 7 = 47VP
    30 + 1 = 31VP

6. Check for Game end - The game does not end.

1. @LoserForHireX decide whether or not to move your figures from Troll Country to adjacent region. (The above image is the result to move Vermin Load from Troll Country to The Badlands.)
    2. @Aegis select an upgrade.
    3. @Aegis draw two chaos cards.
    4. @susan place two warpstone tokens.
    5. @Rius select an upgrade.
    6. @LoserForHireX place one warrior(follow adjacency).

doldari on
  • Options
    peskypesky Registered User regular
    @Doldari not that its gonna matter much but you forgot my leper upgrade! No love for nurgle. :(

• Options
    edited August 2012
    pesky wrote: »
    @Doldari not that its gonna matter much but you forgot my leper upgrade! No love for nurgle. :(

Oh~ Sorry~~~ Fixed.

doldari on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Of for crying out loud, I forgot that that Rat's Vermin Lord steals my second place.

Ffffffffffffffff

Characters
  • Options
    Bollocks, that's more points than I thought it'd be... Hmm... Problem...

Warp Stones to Tilea and Estalia.

• Options
    Yes, I do want to hop skip and jump to the Badlands.

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Rat Ogre to Norsica please.

• Options
    Modified Bloodletter Upgrade, because there's a 100% chance that if I pick Bloodthirster that Morrisleb Eclipsed will be the next Old World card.

Characters
  • Options
  • Options
    Rius is using my tried and tested Slaanesh strategy I see!

Characters
  • Options
    The pace of this game is dictating my strategy, lol =)

• Options
    Round 6-1. Old World Phases

The Horned One's Due
    Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place one Event token in each of Bretonnia and the Empire, or in each of Estalia and Tilea. - Only one Chaos card (rather than two) may be played in any region containing an Event token.

game83state63.png

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Round 6-2. Draw Phases

Tzeentch may choose to discard one card before drawing.

Draw 1, 3 in hand, 9 left in deck, 12 discard
    Draw 1, 1 in hand, 11 left in deck, 12 discard
    Draw 1, 2 in hand, 7 left in deck, 15 discard or Draw 1, 1 in hand, 7 left in deck, 16 discard
    Draw 1, 1 in hand, 11 left in deck, 12 discard
    Draw 0, 2 in hand, 11 left in deck, 11 discard (LoserForHireX, you draw 2 card Round 5, so don't draw.)

1. @Aegis place Event Token in Estalia and Tilea or The Empire.
    2. @susan decide whether or not to discard chaos card.
    3. @LoserForHireX decide whether or not to use Warp Token Cache.

doldari on
  • Options
    ...Still Closing the Portal then? ...F***...

No Discard.

• Options
    Estalia & Tilea

Characters
  • Options
    I will be using the warp token cache.

• Options
    So here I was, all happy that "Oh hey, the Rat has no figures anywhere near Norsca" and then I'm looking at the map wondering "why's there a warrior in Norsca" and am now cursing that damn dial tick.

Characters
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Aegis wrote: »
    So here I was, all happy that "Oh hey, the Rat has no figures anywhere near Norsca" and then I'm looking at the map wondering "why's there a warrior in Norsca"

The Under Empire Upgrade. So Rat is adjacent all region.

doldari on
  • Options
    Yea, but I forgot his dial ticks give him figures which suuuuuuuuucks :P

Characters
  • Options
    Hey! I wish it was an upgrade card man. Boy would I ever love to have an upgrade card right now.

• Options
    You people denied me an upgrade for years. I have no sympathy.

Characters
  • Options
    I'd like to point out that I took no specific action to deny you dice rolls! <3

• Options
    Round 6-3. Summon Phases

game83state64.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodletters - You gain one victory points each time you kill a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter.

Rise to Glory - When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to your domination value in that region.

- Chaos Card Effects

@Aegis active.

• Options
    So, I don't think I need to mention this, but if Slaanesh dominates in Norsca (or, really, anywhere), it's game over GG Slaanesh, and Slaanesh has an effective 11 Domination Value there heading into this turn. Also, if Norsca ruins, it's game over GG Slaanesh.

• Options
    You probably didn't need to mention that! =)

• Options
    I'm not sure we can prevent a Slannesh victory at this point. I'm going to try, but it's not going to be easy. And failing to have my Vermin Lord upgrade isn't making it any easier.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Hate to Estalia. Every figure except my Bloodthirster.

6/7 PP

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Well that's not very friendly.

• Options
    peskypesky Registered User regular
    Creeping Death into
    Tilea. 5/6PP

• Options
    Hmm... Hmm...

Greater Daemon to Norsca, 3/6.